1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A confession

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] I've making a confession here, so bear with me :sceptic:

Up until now, i think that makes it last 5 or 6 years, i've been playing a downloaded (warez) copy of Baldur's gate. Somehow, i always found enough excuses not to go and buy the game, either lack of money, or hard-to-find game.
    Now, last friday, i was wandering around, looking for an mp3 player, when i stumbled on a 4 in 1 package of Baldur's Gate serie for barely 20 euros. A simple box with black-white covered 2 DVDs and 2 CDs( the two expansions). I grabbed it and quickly bought it before i could think of any other excuses not to get it :)

Considering how many other, far more crappy games i've bought and played, delaying buying Baldur's Gate is a mortal sin, which i've finaly went to remedy. I hope i wont burn in hell :nolike: (but then, i dont belive in that :p )

2. Kara Ay Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well,Congrats:)
    I wish i could find that collection here....

[ October 27, 2006, 18:18: Message edited by: Kara Ay ]

3. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Remember that there is nine hells after all...

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

You silly silly person ...

5. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Congratulations! I have the same box, the old discs have a couple grand canyons and chocolate on them :( (how could I know I shouldn't feed Irenicus! :confused: ).

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Same deal here, but for much less time, for BG1, and not quite certain it was downloaded. I first got BG from someone I tutored. I asked idly about some CD-Rs that he had stacked by his computer, and when he told me they contained a D&D cRPG, I just about freaked. It's the only time in my life I've ever asked to borrow a game from someone (usually I'm the one lending others spare discs). Lost contact with him before I could return the discs. :(

I got bored with it, but about a year later I took it back up again (I tend to rotate through old games) and was positively enthralled. I found this site, and got all the way to Disc 5...only to find that my drive couldn't read it. It was a CD-RW, unlike the other four discs, and formatted in a way my computer didn't recognize. I got a legit copy rather quickly, as you can imagine. (5-disc BG1 only, though I've gotten the other stuff since then.)

As for the legitimacy of the other discs, when I asked to borrow them, I decided not to ask that question. TBH, I just didn't want to know, if they really were ripped or something. Being an AD&D fanatic, I just had to try out the game. And knowing what I know now about BG's copy policy, they could have just been legit copies to safeguard or replace the originals.

Now the CD-Rs (and one CD-RW) just sit around, waiting for a time when I can return them to their original owner. So if someone out there lent their BG discs to their tutor while studying at MATC, don't hesitate to PM me. :)

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Me too!

See, Kara ay and I are both from Turkey and sigh...there is no BG2 here any more!

8. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Me too! :lol:

20 euros is a very good price for entire series. If I could find that package here I would buy it too. OTOH I don't have a DVD-rom yet so I would need to buy one with the game package and currently these devices are too expensive. :(

9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
  10. Kara Ay Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Did you know that Amazon.com doesn't sell video games to people in Turkey?
    They sell books,movies and other things but not games!!!
    I asked my friend to buy BG2 when he went to USA but then i saw that there's a whole collection avaible.... I just hate my luck...
    Then he lost the game and now i have to wait for him to find it...

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    [​IMG] WTF?! That is... weird

[ October 27, 2006, 18:49: Message edited by: Trellheim ]

12. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Its a shipping problem IIRC...they don't ship to India either Kara...I feel your pain! :(

13. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

For me, BG saga was love at first sight. Back in '99 I came across the game in a partner's computer, and when I could try mechanics and aspects of the game,and being a pen & paper roleplayer since 1986, I was already a very demanding and experienced AD&D player and dungeon master, giving the limitations of a current-at that time-computer RPG, I saw no flaw in them. BG saga are the only original games I ever bought in all my life. All the others I have are lent, second hand, resales or downloads.Indeed, BG Saga has been The best expenditure in games I have ever made

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.