1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A cleric is having fun ...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by thetruth, Feb 22, 2006.

1. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Ahem ... All you need is a Priest of Lathander.Level him up at least to level 34.Now he is ready for some fun.

1) Instructions for ... use:

a) Find a dungeon whith many undeads .

b) Drink a potion of invisibility .

c) Approach slowly the undeads.

d) Turn them :p .
    And don't forget to level up .

e) Hehe , wash out the blood :D , find other undeads and repeat the process ;) .

2) The Elemental Lich and his ... pet .

3) The mighty Kangaxx :grin: .

4) Clerics, trolls and ... firestorm .

5) Thaxl.. er .. the Shadow Dragon .I can't say she is fond of implosion (ignores MR).
    And the Ghost Shadow Dragon (from Deeper Shadows of Amn mod).

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I NEVER turn undead, like seriously i don't think i used it once it SoA or ToB. I found spells like sunfire and hold undead worked fine! Although your method does sound quite interesting though! :D

3. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I just go biff the undead. I can't be bothered to use such complicated methods as Turn Undead :D

4. Prine Gems: 11/31

Luf turn undead. Personally I like amassing large undead armies with an evil cleric, then sunraying them when they bore me.

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Man you are crazy! What level were you to turn and send a Demilich into oblivion? :eek:

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Truth, you rock!!! :thumb: I :love: chunking undead like that. I use a similar method with Anomen (invis potion+Turn Undead=gore). Yes, tell us what level you were to chunkify Kangaxx the demi-lich.

7. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Wow, this is way cool! Maybe my next game should be a solo with a cleric...

8. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You should send some of these to Tal, thetruth. They have great SoTW potentional, imho :) .

9. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Forgot to mention info for my cleric-solo:

Priest of Lathander - ch.good.His STATS (after a virtual trip through BG1 for the tomes):

STR: 19
    DEX: 19
    CON: 19
    INT: 11
    WIS: 21
    CHA: 12

MODS:

1)Tactics
    2)Improved Battles
    3)Deeper Shadows Of Amn
    4)Ascension
    5)Oversight Mod
    6)Planar Sphere Mod
    7)Improved Asylum
    8)Ease Of Use (only the Multiple Strongholds component)
    9)Super Firkraag
    10)Unfinished Business
    11)Quest Pack

Playing on insane difficulty.

@ Kuemper,Silverstar

Kangaxx can be turned at level 34.Here is a table with the levels:

TURN UNDEAD LEVELS (the first number is Fear and the second number is Death):

Skeleton: 7-8
    Skeleton Warrior: 13-16
    Ghast: 9-12
    Greater Ghast: 9-13
    Fell Ghast: 9-13
    Ghoul: 7-9
    Greater Ghoul: 9 -13
    Ghoul Lord: 12 -13
    Zombie: 7-9
    Zombie Lord: 7 -12
    Sea Zombie: 7 -9
    Sea Zombie Lord: 15 -19
    Shadow: 7-10
    Shadow Patrick: 8 -12
    Shadow Fiend: 8 -12
    Devil Shade: 11-18
    Shade Wolf : 7-11
    Greater Shade Wolf : 8-12
    Shade Lord: 20-27
    Mummy: 10-14
    Greater Mummy: 17-21
    Lich: 11-18
    Elemental Lich: 20 -27
    Shade Lich: 20 -27
    Kangaxx Demi Lich: 27 -34

- Although Bone Golems are considered undeads,they cannot be turned.

- The only two undeads I wasn't able to turn even on level 40 were: a)The Lich at the docks from Tactics mod, b)One of the two liches that are on the first floor of Kangaxx's house (Tactics mod too).But at least this one with turn undead on, runs around in fear and doesn't cast any spells.

@ olimikrig

Of course, if Taluntain is interested he can tell me if he wants any of them ;)

SlickRCBD likes this.
  10. Mistyca Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

WOW!!!!! Incredible abuse of power
    You rock!!!! ;)

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Thanks for that Undead Turning table. It helps a lot. Where did you find it BTW?

12. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yeah Truth! Can I make my next Priest a follower of you? The power of turn undead at it's finest.

Though I must ask. Why didn't you use Sanctuary? Is there a delay between it ending and turn undead functioning? Or did you have that level full of other spells?

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Gulping a potion of invisibility is easier I guess. :p

14. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Nice job! Seems so easy but with those mods... What are hardest fights you have encountered?

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    :aaa: :whoa: :jawdrop: :thumb: Take that f**** undeads! :pope:

16. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

whee looks like fun!

I use turn undead like that, but never at such a high level. Good idea with invisibility - I usually activate it when undead close in, then I run around to avoid getting hit until the turn undead actually kicks in.

17. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

@ Anjo

I can't say that I have faced many difficulties so far.Well comparing the cleric to my fighter's solo I can say that till now the cleric is having a much easier time although I am playing on insane diff.
    I am still in Ch.2 and I have completed almost all the quests.Have to do the Planar Sphere and some others and then I am going to chapters 3,4.Some of the harder fights:

a)Improved Ilyich:

Group of duergars: silence for the mages is excellent, for the fighters domination,hold person and then my skeletons helped me to finish them off.
    The fight with Ilyich and co. was much easier than I expected.
    A priest of Lathander at low levels is the best fighter in the game with: Draw Upon Holy Might,Righteous Magic,Armor of Faith,Boon of Lathander and an oil of speed.He has 3 attacks/round and does MUCH damage with every hit.

But even in high levels a Priest of Lathander is still a good fighter.At the moment I dual wield flails,FoA in the main hand and Defender of Eastheaven in the off hand and with Armor of Faith I have ~50 % resistance to physical damage,and 4 attacks/round whith my Boon and hasted.

b)Knights of the Dark renown:

Faced them at level 16.The usual tactic with invisibility at the beginning,then casted a firestorm at the center of the map which killed both their mages!Then created my small army with aerial servants and sk.warriors,buffed up,and killed the others.Holy smite helps a lot in this fight too.

c)Improved Faldorn:

Hardest fight so far.I wanted to be fair and I fighted her naked although she has weapons-equipment.

Prebuffing:

Spells: Ch.commands,death ward,protection f.evil,armor of Faith,barskin,Righteous Magic,Magic resistance and Regeneration (these last 2 were the key in this battle)
    Potions: 2 p.of Mind Focusing,1 p.of Defense,1 p.of Absorption.

Immediately when fight started I cast energy blades and start attacking Faldorn.Her spell casting at the beginning cannot be interrupted so my only hope against her Nature's Beauty was my MR (unfortunately shield of the Archons does not protect from N.Beauty).I had to reload many times before N.Beauty got blocked by my MR.
    Then I kept attacking with energy blades (used 4-5 sets in this battle),interrupted Faldorn's spellcasting many times (spells like other N.Beauty,Heal etc.) and after she ran out of ironskins (the only spell I could not interrupt) I have managed to kill her.

@ Starwalker

Potions of invisibility are easier to use and with the random encounters added by my mods I have plenty of them.Besides my first level spell slots are all for Armor of Faith and Doom.

@ Silverstar

:hmm: If it's not here at SP then I don't know.I had it with many other notepads with useful info.

18. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

So you hit the XP cap eh? Did you have level 50 mod? What level are you? How did you manage to get uber HLAs so early? Have you ever used NPCs? For what purposes? Oooh I have so many questions!

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  20. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I love the Elemental Lich one... "Die fools!" *poof* :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.