1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

9-11 Port Authority Radio Transcripts released...

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Sir Belisarius, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Has anyone seen any of the excerpts on these? It is very tragic to read...Especially knowing what happened to most of the people calling in. There were reports of people jumping from windows above the crash sites, calls from people trapped in elevators, and even folks stuck up in the restaurant at the Top of the World. Man, I've been reading it and I'm all misty about it...And it makes me really mad!

This may be a little irrational, but I'm beginning to think maybe we should lay the smackdown on Iran and North Korea too! No more sitting back and waiting for bad things to happen...Time to take the fight to them! If they're in such a hurry to meet God, we should oblige.

Sorry about the rant - Every time I see those towers burning and hear about people leaping from the 106th floor...I feel like breaking someone or something in half.

2. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

We all do. I work in the World Trade Center West in downtown Seattle and not only do I think of it every day when I see jets flying low over the highrises, preparing for landing, but when I walk in the front door of the building as well--there's quite a beautiful picture of the twin towers on the wall by the elevators. As the years pass, time does very little to diminish the horror of that day.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I understand how you feel. In Canada, we have recently found out about a new possible threat. But of course, this is all representative of a relatively small number of fanatics. The "knee-jerk" reaction of "breaking someone or something in half" or to "lay the smackdown on Iran and North Korea" is understandable, but (and I suspect you feel the same way) it is not a realistic solution; right now, such action would make the Iraq invasion look trivial in comparison.

None of my above comments are meant to diminish the tragedy and horror of 9/11 however.

4. Tigress Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I am also consious of those feelings. I remember the first few days after 9-11 I would look up and wait for an explosion everytime i heard airplane engines. The only thing that kept me from freaking out was that i now knew that members of my family were safe. I don't want to bore anyone with details of my experiance but lets just say that I had a few loved ones in very real danger that day.
    I am very frustrated with our government. Why should we be sitting around when deranged criminals that kill thousands of innocent people are running around? Why should we let those people go? And why is it so freaking hard to find Bin Laden? And why do freaking idots use God as an excuse to KILL. And why why why are so many people so ignorant and brained washed that they think killing is good, cool, exciting, fun, and worthy of going to heaven for? Ahhhh!

5. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    "If they're in such a hurry to meet God, we should oblige" ROTFLMAO! :lol: Best quote I heard in awhile ;)

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You know, the US is not perfect, but they always make an effort to at least appear to go about things in a legal and orderly manner -- it took a long time for them to finally invade Iraq, and they made every effort to garner international support.
    If they stopped doing that and were as brutal as their enemies, things could get really ugly for the Islamic and Communist enemies of the States . . .

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The war on communism is still on??!

8. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Catching Osama actually would be very difficult. We have one of the most experienced and efficient armies in the world and when you consider that we have our best men out looking for him... I think we need to hook up with Russia and get them to help us look (they hate him almost as much as we do, I've been told) however with the tensions from Iraq. . .

And as for 9/11, I still feel mostly numb. Too numb to get angry, and too numb to actually be able to understand it. I just don't understand how people could hate Americans that much for simply being Americans. We take a lot of crap about invading Iraq and all that but in the grand scheme of things, we have killed less Iraqis than Saddam has and we try extraordinarily hard to avoid hurting any civilians. Whereas our enemies purposely go for the civilians... Something I do not understand.

9. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I know I should stay away from here, but I can't help it. If they would get so brutal, what would happen ? How would the other nations react and what consequences would that have for a country which actually buys and sells things ? Would anyone trade with them anymore ?

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Which is just what I meant by things getting "ugly". Trade would slow (but not stop -- places like Canada and Mexico, just to name a few, would trade with the US no matter what the circumstances -- their economies are too tightly linked to the States. The fact also is, that if the States took the gloves off, even if they forbore the use of nukes, there is very little they could not accomplich. The political and social cost would be high, though, I'm certainly not denying that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.