1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

5.1 sound not working properly

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Brewinski, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Brewinski Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok, here's my setup:
    Audigy 1
    Logitec 640s

These are some of the advanced sound options available and the problems I encounter.

Dolby Surround: My rear speakers produce the same level of sound as the front.

Direct Sound 3D Hardware: Rear speakers have slightly better volume. But if my character is standing in front of a chest and his back is to me, when he opens the chest, there is hardly any sound from the front speakers!

EAX: Much better 3d sound, but I have exactly the same "very low sound from front spearkers if character opens chest with his back towards me" problem.

I had a read at the Bioware site, and lots of people are having sound problems as well. Also, NWN seems to forget my sound setup at times. When I go into Sound Options, often the 5.1 sound box is unticked.

I don't suppose there's a SP fix for this? Or am I the odd one out?

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

You might be able to manually fix it in your sound card's drivers.

I don't think that NWN is configured to properly use the Dolby features, so you may have to just live with it. I'm almost 100% sure that you can lower the rear volume manually using the programs that came with your sound card.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.