1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

4 Disc Game?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by mtv_poison, Nov 20, 2004.

1. mtv_poison Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A while back i was looking around at planescape toremnt info,because at the time i was obsessed with the game and stuff.I came across a page that had a map and stuff of Sigil.I noticed that on the map there were alot of buildings(and i think and entire city district)that weren't in my version of the game.I bought the game new and it only had 2 discs.Does this mean that us people that have a 2 disc version of the game are missing out,or what?And if so...how do we get the other 2 discs?(that's if those places even exist in the final game) I know about the trick where you hack into the game folder and add another line and stuff but is there anything more than that?

[ November 20, 2004, 17:14: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Which segment of Sigil is missing? I have the 4 disc version, so maybe I can make sense of this for you. The torment.config 1 line "hack" is just used for cheating by the way.

3. mtv_poison Gems: 1/31

wow..you actually have a 4 disc version?I'm Jealous...but anyways.Can you tell me what districts there are in your game?If you tell me i could tell you which ones are in my game and which ones aren't.(if i recall, i think "the lady's ward" was one of them)

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31

I've got every single district in my game, as do you. I can see why you haven't gotten the Lady's Ward, though, it's a bit hard to find.

Spoiler Alert
    Use the doll of the Lady of Pain to get there.

5. mtv_poison Gems: 1/31

Ohh,i see.I got the Lady of Pain doll before.I talked to it about 100 times and nothing happened.

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Well, keep in mind you are sent to the Lady's Ward to be punished.... That's all I'm going to say.

7. mtv_poison Gems: 1/31

I don't care,i never got a change to visit so i am am sad :( I did however,get sent to a maze several times.

8. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

^ Rednik means the maze. The Lady's Ward is not in the game (though the Clerk's Ward is).

There is no difference in the content of the game between the 2CD and 4CD versions. The 2CD version just uses better compression (and comes patched).

9. mtv_poison Gems: 1/31

Ahh,i see...Hmm.Well whatever then.

10. Platter

The map of Sigil you saw was probably just from one of the Planescape boxed sets. There are plenty of places in the Planescape setting, including in Sigil, that were not in Torment.

11. mtv_poison Gems: 1/31

Well the map i saw looks exactly like a map from the Planescape game.Then again it might have just been a pre-production concept map or something.I oculdn't eve tell you where i saw this...it was LONG ago.

12. Platter

I don't think there are any 3D-rendered-type images on the 'net of areas that weren't included in the released version...

I'd guess that you either saw a map of a place in one of the other Infinity Engines games, or it was just a part of Torment you never found. But your description is too vague so it's impossible to know for sure what you saw.

13. mtv_poison Gems: 1/31

yes,most likely,but in any rate,it's no big deal.I've beaten the game and stuff.and i LOVED it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.