1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2000 and still growing!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by BogiTheWaverer, Aug 22, 2001.

1. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Hooray for SP.
    Our community has reached the 2000 members mark.
    Praise the Sorcerer and his team.
    *opens bottle of champagne*

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

We're Flinstones Kids. 2000 strong, and growing!

(no one under 20 is going to understand that at all :D)

3. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I get it Mathetais (although I am over 20) Still...I thought it was funny.

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Hard to believe that SP has over 2,000 members. I remember when it was 25. I'm glad that the board is still expanding and staying current. It is the best CRPG board out there. And Tal and the team do it all for free, all for us.

Way to go!

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I suppose this is good, though, what will happen if SP becomes to big? I mean, I hear Tal "complaining" (not quite complain, but couldn't find a better word) once in awhile in the chat about the SP taking huge amounts of bandwith.

Perhaps like the glory of Rome, SP will fall under it's greatness... *shivers* what a nightmare

But, if that's not for anytime soon, I'd say Cheers

/me takes a glass of champagne

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I still challenge all 2001 to post something!!! Anything!!! A "hi", a "bite me," SOMETHING........................

I tried this a few months ago with limited results....Here's to trying again! Cheers!

~Bel

7. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I liek cake (and SP)

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Thank you all. We do our best. And Lokken, have no fear, we've recently acquired a new server so this one is now dedicated totally to SP and some other minor sites, so bandwidth is not a problem anymore. As long as I'm around, you can be sure that SP will be too.

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] Yeah! That's what I like to hear!!!

Congrats on your accomplishment!

Now, Mollusken, where's that cake?

[EDIT]
    I know you probably wont be reading this Extremist, but I am what I am, how can I escape it? ;) :p
    and anyways, I'm really glad that nothing bad is gonna happen!

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 22, 2001).]

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Spammers, spammers, everywhere... ;) :p

Congrats!

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Alright! So who was the 2000th member? Step forth little eyeball don't be shy. :D

12. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Come on down. We may be strange but we do try to be nice to those on the boards.

13. Silverblade Guest

There are about five new member a day, that is 35 a week, about 18 weeks untill new year, so that is 2630 at the end of the year.

14. Avooch Dar Guest

I like traffic lights!

15. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Aww, admit it, we're still only 25. The other 1975 members are just Taluntain's clones.

16. Big B Gems: 27/31

So you're saying Tal gets kicks out of breaking the rules and then scolding himself for it? :D :rolleyes:

17. H Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I Wonder if those 1975 clones keep saying to each other:

Follow the rules...
    Do not spam...
    Read the Faq...

etc etc etc :D

18. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

the drinks are on me! :D

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

/me wakes up...

ergh what? oh so we made another 1000 babies? ah right then...congratulations...

/me goes back to sleep

20. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Dargorn I only like traffic lights when the green light is on. :) Where is that green light bulb when I need it!(this will do) :D

Great work Tal! It must be strange with all this responsibility and still be one of the youngest persons on Your own creation, SP.
    weird....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.