1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

+2 weapons

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Sarevok 435, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Sarevok 435 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I believe greywolf has a +2 long sword. You can get it by defending prism in the Nashkell mines map.
    There's a +2 two handed sword you can get in the spider infested map in cloakwood.
    Heavy crossboy of accuracy is a +2, i think, and you get it in Baldur's gate provided you kill aldeth Sashenster.
    Short sword of backstabbing is +3, and is available in Baldur's gate when you kill slythe and kristin. They also have a dagger +2 on them.
    There is a halberd +2 when you attack the top floor of the iron throne in Baldur's gate.
    The map that has Bassilus on has a hobgoblin called Zargal. He has a short sword +2.
    Bassilus carries a warhammer +2. Map south of high hedge.
    The map you exit to from the Nashkell mines has a dagger +2. It is given to you by a man fleeing a revenant.
    In Baldur's gate one of the people who attack you in the Helm and Cloak has a +2 battle axe.
    In the catacombs below candlekeep prat has a throwing axe +2.
    Do you want to know about TOTSC too?

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Brage has a +3 two-handed sword but as it's cursed you're probably better off avoiding it. The only other one is on the King on the chess set below Durlag's Tower.

And don't forget Drizzt as well, who has the two best swords in the game, although getting them off him tends to be a bit of a problem.

4. Sarevok 435 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

no i don't need totsc

5. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

id say that pretty much raps that one up, but hey can you list off the totsc ones for me if ya dont mind.

6. Takara

Media:
    o.k:

Staff-mace is a +2 staff found on wherewolf islnd. It's in Dradeel's home.
    Staff spear is a +2 spear found on the nymph in Durlag's tower if you kill her.
    You can buy a quarter staff +3 at the Ulgoth beard's inn.
    In the green "swampy" bit of the 5th level of durlag's tower there is a stff of striking. Has limited charges
    There is a scimitar +2 on the top balcony of durlag's tower.
    On the fifthe level you find a mace +2. Not sure where exactly.

Please note that I haven't included on either list any cursed weapons like the 2 handed sword of beserking.

7. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Kiel's morningstar in Durlag's Tower is also +2,
    I think.

8. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Doesn't one of the rival mages in the city - either Ramazith or Radagast - have a +2 dagger?

9. Takara

Media:
    No. The two mages don't have any weapons. Ragefest has a wand, but ramazith only has an amulet of metaspell, ring +2 and a robe.

I forgot about kiel's morningstar. I think it is +2. Thanks F_P

10. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Dagger of Venom +2

11. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31

You can pickpocket one of Drizzt's scimitars. Think it's +3 and, assuming you succeed, no one has to get hurt obtaining it. It's good for Jaheira.

12. khazadman Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

But isn't Kiel's morning star is cursed as well?

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yep, it's cursed; makes the wielder go berserk.

14. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

Spider Bane is +2 in Cloakwood. That is a great 2 handed sword for Minsc or another fighter who wants the ability of Free Action.

[ October 05, 2005, 21:42: Message edited by: Abdel - Bhaal Spawn ]

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Some notes:

Greywolf's +2 Longsword also gives a +1 Cold Damage.
    Bassilus' +2 Hammer also gives a +1 Electrical Damage.
    The +2 Dagger you find when killing Kristin in the Undercellar does 1d6 +2 damage, like a Shortsword +2 would, instead of the 1d4 +2 damage a regular +2 Dagger would. It is still considered a dagger though.

16. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I'm not sure about it being a staff, because I remember Jaheira using it one-handed in one of my games (unless I'm completely senile now, which is always a possibility)

Pre-patch, you could pickpocket both of them (a Defender named Twinkle, and a Frostbrand named Icicle). Post-patch, Icicle is the only one you can get without killing him. It is indeed +3, and IIRC nets you 50% cold resistance.

17. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

The staff-mace is a staff but when wield it functions as a mace and therefore is a one handed weapon and looks like a mace when equiped, but is actually a staff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.