1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

15 of Brus

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by cadderly, Feb 27, 2004.

1. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

ok, for those of you who do not know who brus is he is the one who talks to you in the first 2 chapters and tells you to talk to gaelen bayle, i think thats his name anyways, but i was in the docks and i just got like 16000 gold so i had the 10000 to pay the shadow theives, and the girl valen talks to me about bodhi, then i see an army of brus' coming to talk to me, its just a glitch but i thought id share and ask if anyone else saw this before, also curious was that only half of them dissapeared after talking to me.

[ February 28, 2004, 12:41: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I have not encountered this. I think it is caused by an area script problem, so it creates many many of the same creature (a Global Variable is not changed properly. And other bugs may be there, considering your description). Such problems should not be in BGII. Do you have any mods installed?

3. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I've encountered this occasionally with ToB installed (but without ToB patch).

4. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Known issue for BG2; slated for inclusion on the next Baldurdash fixpack before Dorner's disappearance. I'm not sure if it's in the SP fix pack or not.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't know, but I can tell you that I have the SP fixpack installed, and I've never had this problem.

6. cadderly Gems: 5/31

well i have no mods, nothing, i install the game and play it as i get it, so i don't think its anything like that. but it was not a huge problem. i got past it :D

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    For clarification, SP fixpack and Baldurdash are't mods - they're programs which fix numerous bugs that the official patch didn't address. I would strongly advise that you install one or the other (but SP fixpack works only if you don't have ToB installed, which I assume is the case here, since you're posting in the SoA forum).

8. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've had that happen to me before, except it wasn't Brus. It was the mayor and his wife of Imnesville? at Umar Hills. It looks like they casted Mirror Image a million times. IIRC it happened the first time through the game... before I even knew about the official patch. So I'm guessing that's your answer. I've never had this problem again, so rest assured that this is fixable. :)

9. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think this is a problem that invoves only Brus. It was an eerie experience to see a horde of that seemingly small kids swarming the slums and comming for you.

10. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

More and more bizarre experiences... I start to afraid. :( Never known BGII was so unpredictible :D

11. cadderly Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I wish I would have saved at that point, or could have saved, so i could launch a few fire balls in the middle of all of those little kids, it would have been firkraags dream.

12. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

13. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

This happens to me too.

14. cadderly Gems: 5/31

I looked at that screenshot, and that is nowhere near how many brus's that I saw on my screen, thats like 8 of them, I saw 15-20.

15. Lacessit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

That's quite a scary screenshot :D The little buggers are quite organised obviously, they're coming from all sides.

16. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

If you kill one Brus, what happens to the others? Do they turn hostile?

17. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@ David: Imagine... surrounded on all sides. Yelloow shirt wearing demonic-though-strangely-cute-child monsters approaching.
    Keldorn shouts his holy rage and smites six before he was overwhelmed by the near beserk wave of mushy kisses.
    Anomen bashes with is Mace of Disruption but found his own thoughts disrupted by the squeling of many fiendish children.
    And the Child of Bhaal transforms to the Slayer only to be overwhelme by the all powerful strength of a group hug.

Please stop me... I am getting really scared...

18. cadderly Gems: 5/31

zephyr, I can say honestly and without shame, I will personally never sleep easy again.

19. Lacessit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You scare me, I want my mommy! :eek:

20. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I got ToB installed and I saw an army of Brus's in Amn, (Wakeens(SP) Promenade(SP?)), I don't have either of those fix packs either, but I do have the ToB patch, which tells me either Baldurdash/SP covers it or doesn't :p , haha quite helpful no?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.