1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

10 Facts About You...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I intended to make this topic '5 Facts About You', but halfway through had to change the title as I got carried away!

1) I'm 6'1"
    2) I have too many vices, smoking, drink and betting
    3) My girlfriend is 5 years younger than me
    4) I have many scars on my body in various places, from being a stupid kid
    5) Huge football fan; I have probably spent more money on football than anything else, and have been to most stadia in the country
    6) I did pretty rubbish at school, never did any higher education, but still have a pretty well paying job
    7) I was once credited with saving a kid from drowning whilst on holiday in Spain
    8) I have never been arrested
    9) I drink at least 10 cups of tea or coffee a day
    10) I am extremely messy

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Along the same lines....

1) I'm 6'3.5"
    2) I need more vices, maybe I can pick up smoking and betting. :p
    3) I'm 25 and already divorced.
    4) My left foot's big toe is all F***ed up as a result from a shoddy ingrown toenail surgery.
    5) I'm not big on live sporting events. I get a better view of everything from the comfort of my couch and a 52" TV.
    6) Between grades 1-8 I was a D- average student. My 9th year I had top honors. 10th-12th I was a D- student again. I graduated from college with honors. If I pull my act together, I can get get honors again when I graduate with my bachelor's degree. In fact, if I play my cards just right, I still have a shot at highest honors.
    7) I was a Jr. Lifeguard growing up in CA. I'm an ERT/First Responder now. I've never had to save anyone from anything.
    8) I have never been arrested...I started driving when I was 17-ish even though I didn't get my driver's license until I was 21...and I've only gotten a single ticket (speeding).
    9) I drink at least 4 12oz cans of Mt. Dew a day...sometimes more...
    10) I am overly OCD when it comes to things not being symmetrical. Seeing the Nissan Cube on the road makes my blood boil. :flaming:

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    Damn, I didn't know you'd got divorcerd buddy? I remember seeing the wedding pictures on here not long back. Sorry to hear that.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    1) I only drink when there's alcohol around and then only to excess.
    2) I haven't killed anyone ... yet.
    3) I have four children that I know of.
    4) When I shower I'm very careful to rinse the soap from the naughty bits; I wasn't as careful once and the entire day was an uncomfortable experience.
    5) I rarely wear anything in my hot tub ... not many guests use my hot tub for some reason.
    6) My wife is an excellent cook and I'm quite surprised I've kept my weight below 200 pounds.
    7) Even though I'm 6'3" my wife (5'9") will kick my ass in basketball.
    8) I used to make deliveries to ships at sea, I'd be lowered by rescue line to the deck from a helicopter. During one trip the helicopter took off while I was still hanging about twenty feet below. The view from 1000' at 90 mph while hanging by a ¼" wire under a helicopter is quite invigorating.
    9) Commando or boxers.
    10) I'm not as old as Splunge.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    1) I drink far too much wine
    2) I smoke far too much
    3) I'm 5'2"
    4) I'm lactose intolerant but still eat loads of cheese because it's a bit lovely
    5) My little sister is about 8" taller than me
    6) I have no idea what any of the dungeons and dragons rules mean
    7) Until I was 14 my canine teeth used to hang over my bottom lip and scare children (Thank God for good dentists!)
    8) I had to quit my degree in mental health nursing because I had a breakdown
    9) I worked a 36 hour shift on 9/11 because I was an airport rep and there was only me and 1 other girl who would come in!
    10) I'm a qualified BSL communicator

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    1. I look nothing like my avatar.
    2. I like to wear clothes that women wear. Or at least butch women who like to wear men’s clothing.
    3. I’ll be 50 in just over 2 weeks.
    4. I have no sense of humour whatsoever.
    5. I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
    6. Without glasses, I can’t see anything that is more than 6” away clearly.
    7. I’m a chartered accountant, and therefore have such a magnetic personality that I can’t carry credit cards.
    8. I sing the body electric.
    9. My favorite meal is a traditional turkey dinner, with lots of gravy.
    10. I hate lists.

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    1. I am younger than Splunge (and certainly better looking).
    2. I have two kids who generally make me happy beyond belief.
    3. I had Lasik surgery about a decade ago and can still see pretty well.
    4. I am 6' 1" on a good day.
    5. I once saved the life of one of my mom's friends using the Heimlich maneuver. It was cool.
    6. I don't sing around people -- they make the strangest faces when I do.
    7. My little brother is 4" taller than me and I can still kick his ass in basketball.
    8. I have never been in T2's hot tub and would certainly decline the invitation if it were made.
    9. I can drink tons of coffee/tea or none at all -- caffeine has no appreciable effect on me. Mt. Dew is vile crap.
    10. I believe that soccer was invented by sadistic fascists and imposed on the brainwashed masses with the direct intent of torturing me. So I don't watch any of it.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    Cheese is incredible. Cathedral City mature cheddar.. *Homer Simpson style dribble*. I'd eat nothing but cheese if I could, but then I'd probably be dead.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    1. I'm 5'9".
    2. I have two brothers - one is 4 inches taller than me, and one is four inches shorter than me.
    3. I have a 2.5 year old son who talks non-stop and makes me laugh every day.
    4. I like to smoke, drink, and gamble, but try to do all in moderation.
    5. And to be contrary to #4, I love to work out, and do so nearly every day.
    6. I love lifting weights, I hate doing anything remotely approaching cardio.
    7. P90X is kicking my ass.
    8. My wife is 5' tall, but she thinks she's 6' tall.
    9. I spent 12 years in public school, 4 years in undergraduate school and 3 years in graduate school, and my current job doesn't require any of the knowledge I picked up along the way.
    10. Despite being completely non-religious today, I was an altar boy for 10 years (no backside action from the priest, thankfully), and spent 7 years at a Jesuit university (again, no backside action from any of the priests, thankfully).

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

1 - I'm 5'7, though I make the nurse at the Dr. office right down 5/9.
    2 - I have 2 brothers and they are both 4 inches rounder than me.
    3 - I have 2 baby girls, they are everything to me.
    4 - I once saved a complete stranger, a woman, who was getting beat on by her boyfriend. And got arrested for doing so, though it was later thrown out.
    5 - I don't sing, I croon.
    6 - I'm licensed broker.
    7 - I never shot the sherriff, but I did repeatedly shoot my overweight, annoying neighbor in the ass with my BB gun when I was a kid.:evil: Good times.
    8 - Tighty-Whiteys all the way!
    9 - I look just like my Avatar on a good day.
    10 - I have broke 9 different bones in my body and have 11 scars from various accidents, stupid or drunken stunts, etc...

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's on special offer in Asda at the minute. Two packs for the price of one. I'm having it on everything and feeling kinda sick

12. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    1- I'm (a little above) 5'11" but not (quite) 6' (almost there though) for between 180 and 190 pounds - the metric system is better.
    2- I just had a haircut because my girlfriend asked me to (my hair was too long for her).
    3- Although I'm a law-abiding citizen cops keep annoying me because of the way I look (I suffer from the Wedge Antilles complex, no matter what, I don't fit in and crossing a border is always a major nuisance).
    4- Before going to university I had a formal training in food industries and spent three months making cheese in the mountains. Cheese has an important place in my life.
    5- I used to live in Scotland for a while and I picked up a Scottish accent which is more noticeable when I'm drunk.
    6- When I'm really tired I speak French with a Swiss accent (I grew up near the Swiss border).
    7- I used to teach English in highschool but that bored the crap out of me (not to mention the fact that I had to tone down the Scottish accent in class).
    8- Most of the time I wear a leather jacket because I like it. It's a black, heavy leather jacket but contrary to the one in Fallout it has two sleeves (I'm not a fashion victim though).
    9- I smoke and I drink. I can still drink a bottle of Jack Daniel's in one evening but I need more time to recover than I did a few years ago. I can no longer drink ten pints of Guinness though (mostly due to lack of practice). I don't like wine that much (even French wine).
    10- I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm now in my thirties (and it ain't easy).

13. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I hear that Caradhras! Reality really slaps ya in your thirties.

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    And Sainsburys.

15. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

1. About 5'10
    2. Offered to play college basketball (scholarship) at two low-level schools. Declined.
    3. Decided to go for an accounting degree at one point. Lasted a day, then decided to drop out and save up money.
    4. I like to smoke, drink, and gamble, but try to do all in moderation.
    5. Younger than Splunge
    6. Had a pretty sweet concussion induced seizure once from slipping off the rim while dunking a basketball... off a chair
    7. During my school's blood donation rally, my bag filled the fastest. By far (yes it was recorded)
    8. 760 (of 800) on the math portion of the SAT
    9. Perfect attendance in Kindergarten. Got an award with a tootsie roll for that.
    10. I am the Walrus.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

1. Shrank to 5'11"... Rangers bring me back at the 6'0 mark.
    2. Straight F'N edge... in short, F*** booze, gambling and smoking. Stupid, pointless and self-destructive. Except for shisha... which doesn't count seeing as it's not tobacco in the first place.
    3. Pissed off
    4. Not known for stable moods
    5. Taken chick supermagnet
    6. Arrogant bastard... though I've always said it's not arrogance if I'm telling the truth.
    7. Lone wolf -- I like to keep people at a distance, and you better respect the fact I need my space and my time on my own.
    8. I'm all about respect. If I no longer respect someone, I have no problem going out of my way to stick the proverbial knife in their back.
    9. Known for having a violent streak
    10. Responds poorly to higher authority... unless pulling some strings benefits me.

17. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    1.) 5 1/4" tall, though depending on the nurse measuring me, can squeak up to 5'1" on a good day.
    2.) Am no longer 30, but now in my 30's (and only a couple of weeks into that actually) so not having so much fun dealing with that :lol:
    3.) High School dropout, didn't finish classes at the university my first go-around, trying again at a 2 year college and pulling Dean's List every semester (tho this one I won't due to being very ill for the first couple of months).
    4.) I smoke but rarely drink due to alcoholism running rampant in my family, though when I do drink, it's imported beer (American beer tastes nasty to me).
    5.) Am usually blunt and to the point, having no problem whatsoever letting someone know what I think or feel - it gets worse when my slow burn temper explodes, which isn't often, thankfully.
    6.) Have an odd, dry, campy, yet very gutterminded sense of humor which gets me in trouble from time to time.
    7.) I'm fluffy, not fat
    8.) Addicted to two specific brands of pop (yes we say pop in the mid-west lol) - Dr. Pepper and Coke. I go through it like water.
    9.) I love to write sci-fi/fantasy short stories when inspiration hits.
    10.) I absolutely despise where I live and would do anything to be able to move out of North-Central Indiana... hell, I felt more at home overseas than I do here... eh well. No job & no money = no ability to move lol

18. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    1) I'm about 5'9 (but I never mesured myself, actually... :()
    2) I like to drink. I like to drink beer. I drink lots of beer. I'm drunk right now.
    3) I have a 100 pound dog
    4) Cannot be mean to someone. I have tried. Dear God I have tried. Can't do it.
    5) Have a bachelor degree and it doesn't help me squat in my field. I had to have on the job training.
    6) I have a curse : If I buy a movie, a special super dooper cool director's version of the movie will come out in stores a week later.
    7) I have another curse : Woman that I'm attracted to are in relationships and women I'm not attracted to are attracted to me... :/
    8) Loves to act in plays or in short films. Put that passion away for the last couples years but I'm coming back to it... :)
    9) An avid hockey fan!! The Montréal Canadiens are tattoed on my heart
    10) Has never been arrested but had 1 accident which was my fault (My car was a total loss) and 1 speeding ticket (that one was a fluke, I never speed... :()

19. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    1. I'm 5'5''
    2. I like taking very long walks
    3. I drink but don't smoke. I only drink when I'm around people I know
    4. I've escaped being a possible victim of an "incident" (guerrilla bombing, terrorist activities) at least 3 times, apparently through sheer luck
    5. Semi-consistent dean's lister, but I've been in college for almost 8 years now (have a tendency to drop subjects)
    6. Can think on my feet, can remain calm in drastic situations. I've had a bomb explode next door and still made a perfect snipe-kill in Half-life:Counterstrike (some people were able to keep their cool as well)
    6. Known for having an immature/childish streak. Some people call me eccentric, which I think is odd. Others call me goofy, intimidating, cold
    7. I actually do have a cruel streak, I rely on humor to help me deal with it. I like jokes and pranks. I had to learn the hard way when not to take a joke/prank too far, thankfully no one was hurt
    8. Known as a jinx in high school. Everyone who has ever (tried) to bully me has ended up either a friend/had something bad happen to them. My dad says it runs in the family.
    9. Which I don't believe. I'm not very superstitious, but I do believe things happen. And apparently number 8 doesn't apply to the internet :p
    10. I believe in human science and logic, but I also know that human science and logic is different from "pure"/ideal science and logic. I consider myself religious, although I'm not very "Christian".

Bonus: I love cheese. Particularly cheddar.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  20. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    1. I'm 180cm tall. Should lose a few kilograms, I guess.
    2. I have a younger brother.
    3. Don't drink or smoke. Don't drink coffee, either.
    4. Trained basketball for four years. Still enjoy it, but rarely play.
    5. Won a few country level competitions at one point in school (Chemistry, Anatomy, Physics, also silver medal in Maths and 2nd prize Biology)
    5. One of my greatest regrets is not knowing more languages.
    6. I have a license but don't drive.
    7. Short tempered, but tend to calm down quickly too, thankfully. Usually mad at myself. Cursing way too much. I can be horrible and snappy when miserable and always feel bad about it later.
    8. I talk too fast, and like how I talk - been accused of not talking clearly though. Also of wobbling while walking :p
    9. Not a social person and rarely sure what is the correct mode of behaviour around people in formal social occasions. Have adopted a mental checklist when guests arrive (offer them to sit, offer drinks and snacks, panic)
    10. My RL nickname is Bear. (Meda)
    (Lorey fits the theme, in a way)

Fact 0: Rather obsessed with RP.

Fact 0 is the only relevant one, more or less. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.