1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

1] Lore? and 2] Yoshimo?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    1] Where in EEKeeper is the option to change your lore setting/score?

2] Does it really matter getting Yoshimo to level 13 before changing him to a Mage? Obviously I "adjusted" his Int score using EEKeeper ;)

2. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

If you are going to dual Yoshimo to a mage you might as well do it as early as possible unless you have no thief after you dual in which case hold off until you can get one.

Personally I think he is better as a bounty hunter but that my just be me.

If you just want to have everything in the game identified there is a mod for that. I think BG2 tweaks has one for example from G3.

3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm dualing Yoshimo to a Thief/Mage because he is my Mage until I get Immy back. Plus I am a Bounty Hunter myself (never tried one before) :p
    I don't know why but I have to be some sort of Thief for my main character. Weather dualing or multi-class. I know there are a few other thieves out there but for some reason I have to fill that roll myself. Usually I'm a Fighter dualed to a Thief. I played a FTM once but man did it take him a while to level. Lol.
    I've done the Thief Mage like Immy, Nalia & Jan but usually I don't pick up a Thief. Which is a shame because I really like Jan :)
    I always use Yoshi unfortunately so I don't have to decide who to ditch otherwise.
    Of course I could always put the Thief in the front of the party so as to be like my main character but then I have to go picking the REAL main character to do the dialog. Again, don't know why I can't deal with doing it that way. Just OCD or something I guess :rolleyes:

Is the BG tweaks from G3 compatible with BG2EE?

4. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

There is a version of tweaks that is BG2EE compatible as I have it on my installation.

Since your main character is part thief (I feel you on liking being a part time thief I always want thief skills too which is why I wish my monk could do it like they could in 1e) I would switch Yoshi right away as waiting serves no real purpose especially if you are going to get Imoen. The longer you wait the longer you go without a mage which it sounds like you need and there is no magic level for a good thief when you are not going to need him for thieving (since you will be able to handle it on your own).

5. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I seem to be doing something wrong with the installation of the BG2 tweak pack. I'm trying to install it into my BG2EE directory [C:bad:Users\Jeff\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition] but when I run the program it says:

"FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")
    Press ENTER to exit."

It actually has the quotes in the brackets. I didn't add them.
    I'm pretty sure that's the default directory.

The website I got it from says:
    "Alternatively the files can be extracted from the archive using WinRAR. If properly extracted, you should have a bg2_tweaks folder and setup-bg2_tweaks.exe in your BG2 folder. To install, simply double-click Setup-bg2_tweaks.exe and follow the instructions on screen."

I don't get anything that needs "WinRAR". Just the "bg2_tweaks-v14" file.
    I don't see any "RAR" files on the site for D/L? When I run the tweaks file it installs a bunch of folders though so I'm guessing that's what they mean?
    I do get the "bg2_tweaks folder and setup-bg2_tweaks.exe in your BG2 folder." though.

It also says (in the URL):
    "http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=695"

Don't know why it says forums. If you look at the page itself it says it's on the D/L page not forums. Weird. Lol.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? Any thoughts?
    Hope all of that makes sense?

6. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I made it's (BG 2 tweak pack) topic and figured it out so no worries here :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.