1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[Portraits] [BGEE][WeiDU] "Faces!" by Irbis & Jalily

[BGEE][WeiDU] "Faces!" by Irbis & Jalily

1. irbis
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Faces! at first was just a part of bigger Mod Pack. Now it is standalone due to amount of work it requaired and how cool it is :D What it does? It adds almost 500 character portraits (just like the PC or some NPCs), basicly - giving them a face. The mod covers all the NPCs which had a name or felt importand. All across the original BG, its expansion, new BGEE content and BGEE Black Pit module. The inpact on the game is bigger then you can think of. Suddenly... you start to care about all those NPCs, their lifes, problems. Suddenly it stopes to be so easy to gank one of them for his/her gear. Its hard to explain, really. You have to try it yourself. I (Irbis) i did the idea, the CRE files modification and portraits assigning, but it is all thanks to Jalily that the mod is in WeiDU format. Still, there are two versions of the mod for people who (for some reason) dislike the WeiDU or just dont know how make it to work. At first, i wanted to add about 50 Faces, TOP. I dont know how exaclty i ended up with 482 of them. There goes almost 3 weeks of my life hah! :D value the time ive spent. And have fun!

[​IMG]
    WEIDU VERSION
    1. Unzip it directly into your 00766 folder so that the setup-Faces_BGEE.bat file is on the same level as Baldur.exe.
    2. Run the .bat file to install it.
    3. Start a new game and enjoy!

NON WEIDU VERSION
    1. Unzip the content of "FACES" directly into your Override folder, Overwrite files if nessesary.
    2. Start a new game and enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [MOD] Faces! - Cat's Basket
    IMPORTANT! the Download links are covered with Adf.ly, to not get yourself missleaded remember the following:
    1. You click the link
    2. Adf.ly link pops up
    3. You have to wait from 3 to 5 sec.
    4. Then, in the upper right corner of the screen will a "Skip Ad" button appear.
    5. You click that button and its the end of the Ads and you are moved to the actual download

[​IMG]
    1. How long it took to make this?
    Well, about 2 week+. And thats working 6h/day

2. Will this mod work with X?
    The mod is designed and programed for BGEE only. That means - no original BG1 or its expansions, no BGT or BGTuTu

3. Nice work dude but theres already a mod that does that.
    Yes and no. The mod you are speaking of is not compatible with BGEE. And is actualy quite a rare find on the web. This one has full BGEE support, covers more NPCs (almost 500 of them) and the ones that comes with BGEE like Dorn and the NPCs from Black Pit module.

4. Ive found a bug!/it doesnt work!/I have some opinions to share
    Feel free to do just that here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18421/bgee-mod-weidu-soon-faces-by-irbis-jalily/p1.
    There both me and Jalily can provide you with support and solutions.

5. Can i reupload your mod elsewhere?
    Please dont. At least - not without my permission.
    You can contact me on baldursgate.com forums on via Contact Form over catsbasket.weebly.com

[​IMG]
    This mod is hosted by me and should be downloaded from Cat's Basket - HOME
    Be sure to always download it from the source to avoid Viruses and harmful programs. Otherwise, dont blame me for the risk you take.
    As of Adf.ly aliases: Ever heard of Minecraft? The Minecraft modding scene is enormous! Its actualy so big that many modders can make a living from it! (or buy an extra beer once in while). The Adf.ly are used 99% of the times there and no one ever complained. I mean, look at it.
    Sure the guy didnt actualy MADE the game. But he/she put alot of work into her/his mod.
    If i can reward the modder (without technicaly paying a broken penny!) by going thru short advertisment before i reach the actual download... i see no harm in following this form. Thats about from 3 to 5 sec extra waiting time. Which i myself gone thru many, many times. For that guy to have an extra beer (still - after like 2000 downloads lol!). I think its fair.

Support modders and creative people in general.
    Also thanks to all my supports. This Mod wouldnt come to existance with you :) Cheers!

PS: Sorry for double posting the thread in BG:EE2 section. My eyes played tricks on me. My mistake ^^
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.