1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Acquiring powerful items

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ladonna, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Ladonna Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] can anyone tell me the best place to buy staves, rods, and wands? or anyother places to buy lots of magical items? i really need to restock.... :(

2. Talwin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Adventurers mart is the best place to buy that sorta stuff. Oh and a note, you can recharge staffs and wands by selling them to a vendor then buying them back. So don't drop em when they run out.

3. fuoco Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

wow thanks for the tip !!!

4. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yep i didn't knew that recharge trick.
    Thanks a lot :)

5. Mirkwood Guest

When you do want to recharge a wand do the sell-n-buy-back thing to Bernard in the Copper Coronet since they give you a discount (if you've freed Hendak and done the slaver quest).

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You can also choose the cheaper way: Sell them and and then steal them back ... really useful ... my thiefs used to equip my party that way

7. Thorr Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

One small problem here: you won't be able to do that in the Underdark. There is no merchant here who will buy stolen items, so do that trick before you enter Underdark.

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

ive never stolen anything before - but now that im playing a fighter/thief... well i guess we'll have to check out this highly intriguing aspect of the game

9. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Don't try it unless you are a VERY good pickpocket.

10. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Or if your a bad pickpocket then drink master thievery potions. The risks of stealing are high but so are the rewards.

11. Gueng Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've just started experimenting with stealing from stores. If you've got a pickpocket between 50 and 75 and gulp 2 master thievery potions, you should be okay.

BTW, who *does* buy stolen goods?

12. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

The shadow thieves, of course. :)

There are also a couple of other vendors (at least one in Brynnlaw, and I think the one in the sewers under the temple district) that will buy stolen things.

When you talk to them it becomes obvious whether or not they deal in stolen goods 'cause one of your possible responses will be something like "You mean these goods are stolen?"

13. Thorr Gems: 5/31

Here I had a question, why doesn't pickpocket give you any exp? It's hard enough to do it, so I think that it must be some exp for it.

14. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Because of the same reason traps removing and spells learning weren't rewarding in BG1.

Wait for BG3 I guess. :p

15. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31

Heh. I have robbed this one Trademeet merchant of nearly all his exceptional items. Some were very desirable to me. Too bad you cannot pickpocket from the Smith. Pickpocket is 100 so no worries :p.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.