1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why do the green-robed wizards keep killing me?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by DrowLicious, Dec 17, 2004.

1. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Why whenever i rest or get to a certain place in the game (im in chapter 3) the screen will change to a cut-scene with like 5 green-robed mages talking about how they "scryed" me and i'm to blame for things then killing my character? This happens to me when i'm entering some areas(W.K.) or just randomly in the lower tomb of the vamps in the g-yard district. What am i missing? I want to move on to 4 but this keeps happening to me. Thanks.....

2. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Are you playing any mods? 'cause I've never heard of this happening

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've never heard of that. Sounds like you might be playing a mutated version of the game (or I don't have a clue what I am talking about).

4. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31

TDD mod, that's it.

Man I was hoping this wouldn't be mod related........

5. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

It's definately TDD, but I haven't played TDD in a long long time... I'm downloading it right now, (3.5 hours 'cause the website has like 14.4kbps I guess), so I'll let you know if I figure it out. Maybe you should try beating them :) or running away!

Go through a door then right back out as they begin to enter, and usually some will stay inside and some will stay outside, so you can take them out little by little.

6. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31

no. it's a cut-scene. you can't control anything. i've tried messing around with a few files to no avail. I also have Weidu mods in the game like NPC flirt and a bunch of other Weidu mods. It would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack trying to pick out the file or script and fix it. I never had this problem before with my BG2 and all the mods I have on it........it might be the end.......

i'm just gonna have to do some trial and error playing and deleting/re-installing/altering some files in the folder itself.

[ December 17, 2004, 07:15: Message edited by: alien77 ]

7. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Cutscenes/dreams shouldn't be able to kill you, are you sure you kept playing or did it immediately take you to the "load/exit" menu?

8. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31

Cutscenes/dreams shouldn't be able to kill you, are you sure you kept playing or did it immediately take you to the "load/exit" menu?

After the cut-scene it goes back into the normal interface with my character then saying "my chest is bursting...oh no i'm dying!", then plunk he's dead. I've deleted the Ascension and Redemption mods (Weidu) and the saved games where it happened and so far it's all good. I just lost about 2-3 hours of playing. I'll keep you posted. I kept TDD installed so i don't think that's the problem. Which is good 'cause I love the extra weapons in that mod. Deleting it would have taken any TDD loot my party has with it. It's all part of the journey when you have multiple tweaks/mods added on over time. This is the first (weird) problem i've had except for a few character dialog scripting errors in the past that didn't affect anything.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.