1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

STONE GOLEMS AND IRON GIT

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Maxclan, Oct 3, 2000.

1. Maxclan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] WHAT KILLS THESE NASTY BASTIDS...A SHORT SWORD ENEMA DOESNT WORK,HELP

2. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

don't bother trying. finish the level, then go back, steal the stuff and run like hell.

3. Darkmoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I could be wrong, but I think you need a plus 2 weapon for stone, plus 3 for iron and admantine, and only a magic BLUNT weapon will hurt a clay golem.

4. osodeadly Gems: 1/31

I used Nalia and cast Mirror Image, Improved Invisiblity, and Blur, then summoned 2 bears and a fire elemental inside the room before entering. Then I ran like hell.
    The clay golems can be spelled to death easily enough, as long as you've got a strong fighter or two and/or summoned creatures up front to take the brunt of the damage while you work on weakening the Golems magic resistance (Spell Thrust, Pierce Magic, etc.) When that's done even a Polymorph or Chromatic Orb can do the trick.
    Whatever you did I hoped you got what was in that room.

oSo

5. Bhaal Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

at least +2 weapon but to do anything worthwile it needs to be of a blunt type. The flail did a good job once I got all the pieces and summoned monsters helped out a bit also.

6. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I missed out on these, figuring I could go back to them and of course, control them once I got ownership of the Keep. Nope. Chedded. Room is empty and the items are gone :(

At least I got the Flail of Ages +3.

Syl...

7. Thanos Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] ANY golem goes bye-bye with the flail of ages. The weapon simply ROCKZ, it's +3 and its blunt attack, as was said above, will hurt any golem.

BTW, I like the fact that Black Isle toned down the longswords (I only found TWO +3 longswords in the whole game, and one of them was a drow item). As any experienced AD&D (both computer-based and p&p) player knows, after a while, everyone gets a longsword :)

8. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31

I just attacked the golems one at a time BEFORE grabbing the stuff so they wouldn't come at me two at a time, it wasn't so bad then.

9. Woo-Fu Gems: 1/31

Hmm, I only bothered getting the flail head out of the golem room. Please tell me there weren't any artifact weapon pieces in there. -crosses fingers-

10. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I actually enjoyed this challenge, but I went about with one minor change for the Iron Golem.

First I did (deliberately) fight the Clay & Stone Golems one on one. I used the flail of ages as well as the war hammer of giant kind. It's +4 vs giant class -which apparently the golems are because it 'wailed' on them.

However I enjoy the Thief so... I set some snares in the room so that when the Iron Golem was activated he'd run around and get wasted. -It worked. The special snare reduced him to the 'near death' status then I sent my fighter in the room with the Flail & Hammer and finished him off.

Of course the Iron Golem delivered 2 straight hits for about 70 pts of damage.

Killing him was gratifying after realizing that!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.