1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strongholds in BG2!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by DrizztDoUrden, Jun 27, 2000.

1. DrizztDoUrden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] For me is the one thing to play BG2 cause it's something different.Somewhere i saw that the strongholds will be huge.The fighter's stronghold that is a keep will be same as Candlekeep and you will have army.Ranger will be one like tower with a village.The strongholds increse the quality of the game.
    Farewell Drizzt the Dark

2. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] You're absolutely right.
    And I'm definetely looking forward to the Druid-quest

3. Spirit Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] The whole strongholds thing will be one of the best things in the whole game.

btw, i didn't know they'd be that big, WOW!

4. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I really doubt if you get a Candlekeep sized stronghold for Fighters. I like the idea of strongholds but I think that something that size would require management by the player and that isn't really what the game is about. Probably castles would be much smaller with maybe 20 guards or so.

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'm really excited about strongholds. I don't think the figher keep will be a big as candlekeep but they will be some what large. At least part of a map section. Black Isle said you'd have to manage it to a degree. At least for plot reasons.

6. Silksteel Gems: 1/31

It would be very cool for you to be able to actually lead an army in climactic battles, like in the endbattle of the original Dark Sun game (how many remember that one?).
    The Dark Sun games were never given the credit they deserved i think.

7. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Now what would be really cool for strongholds is to have siege weapons such as catapults and balistae. I know that this might not work to well but I think that a siege wouldn't seem right without them.

8. Voltric Gems: 19/31

I loved the Dark Sun games. I think that a end battle like that would be extremely cool. As far a siege weapons go don't count on it. It would be cool but it's not going to happen. I don't think that strongholds will be attack openly. By that I mean their maybe hidden attempts to take power from you but it will all be of the cloak and dagger kind.

9. Kindillin Gems: 1/31

You can check it out on the official baldurs gate 2 site in the FAQ go to www.blackisle.com and go fromt here. ALso, the fighters keep WILL be as big as candlekeep was, the ranger gets a cabin i think with a village around it, the mage gets a tower with many secrets and i think mages get to create magic items in the tower (quite certain this is official) the bard gets a playhouse and has to direct and rewrite a play then survive opening night or somethin. the thief gets a thieves guild, the druid becomes that grandmaster druid or whatever the highest title you can get. The paladin gets a holy sword and gets to join a paladin order. Dunno what the cleric gets i think its a chapel or monastery. Also the kits get the stronghold that their base class is.

10. Silksteel Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] So a fighter gets a castle as big as candlekeep, and a ranger gets a cabin? I know what career choice I'd make if I lived in faerun...

11. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Although the idea is interesting, I only hope that the developers don't make it the center of the game because if they do that they may ruin the game!

12. Voltric Gems: 19/31

Strongholds are not the center of the game. They are not even plot critical. You can beat the main quest without even having a stronghold. And the ranger gets a village with a cabin or tower I've heard both. A whole village or a castle they are close in size.

13. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] What I mean is that I don't want to have to do micro-management, and turn the game into a strategy game, an RTS game. I like RTS games, but its not what I'm looking for in an RPG.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.