1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira Problems

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elusia, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Elusia Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] hey, i've jut noticed Jaheira's charisma keep going down. i checked my last saved game and it was 3 (i have no idea why) and it keeps going down until it reaches 0 and she dies. i've played the game several times and this has never happened, but this is the first time with jaheira in my party. i'm not sure what is causing this or what triggers the charisma change (i'm doing the unseeing eye quest at the moment). all it says is "charisma modification" on the dialogue box and her charisma goes down by 1. does anyone know how to stop her charisma from going down and returning it to normal?

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Did she get cursed by a Baron Ployer by any chance?

If so, you need to find out where he lives and kill him. It's an entire quest.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm going to take a stab and say you've got her equipped with the Rod of Terror. If so, read the item description. . . .

4. Elusia Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

o dear. lol don't i feel like a fool :doh:

thanks dmc :) i never used the rod of terror before and didn't bother reading the weapon description properly (lol my bad!), now her charisma's down to 2! :p

...o well, theres always that charisma ring ;)

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

You're not the first one to ask this ;) By the way, if it drops any lower, Jaheira will be perm. dead for good.

So cheers :D

6. nl255 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Actually, if you wear the ring that sets charisma to 18, you can keep using the rod of terror until the base charisma is drained below zero, and Jaheira will then have a charisma of 25 due to a wraparound bug.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.