1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Reputation Decreasing Tactics?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Enagonios, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Right, I'm just too much of a do-gooder and the problem is I've already got an 18 reputation and Edwin is about ready to snap. I'd change into the slayer if I could, but I haven't gone to Spellhold yet and I still have a number of major quests such as the Cult of the Eyeless and Firkraag to do and dismember.

Can anyone suggest anything that will take my reputation down by 1 or 2 points without turning a number of civilians against me? because I'm lost..

Also, I no longer remember, so if I take Viccy into the group, I lose some rep points, right? Do they stay lost if I remove her right after?

Thanks guys.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Viconia drops your rep by 2 points until you dismiss her. Then your rep goes back up to what it was before you added her.

I would say find a house with one commoner inside, deequip your weapons and punch them. Just don't have your monk do it. :heh: Another way would be to steal from a shop you won't ever go back to. I can't recall how much your rep drops with either idea, sorry.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Steal and get caught. The Adenturer's Mart is particularly useful for this since the Amnish Guard at the door is watching you. I've also heard that it's impossible to steal at the CC (Bernard), but I've never bothered to check it.

You get the points back when you let her go. :bad: The real way to use it is to have her in your party with a rep of 18 and you let her go before getting a rep boost. You'll be at 20 and the rep boost won't do anything, and then when you get her back it goes back down to 18 again. Not applicable here unless you've only got 1 or 2 points that you want to ward off until you can do something else to decrease it.

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It is very possible to steal at the CC, and I've done it numerous times :D

Some very few quests drop your reputation when you complete them in a certain way. Getting the Silver Pantaloons is one, as is poisoning the water supply in Trademeet (though I don't think you can do the latter unless your alignment is Evil). Other than that, punch some commoner senseless :p

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

The more people see your crime, the more your rep will suffer I guess.

6. Isshy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It's the Adventurers Mart you can't steal at...guess Ribald is too street smart to let that happen. Bernard at the CC is not so swift though...

7. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Just use the happy party component from the ease-of-use mod.

Since being evil is the same as being egoistic according to the manual it seems unlogic that evil guys leave when you get a high reputation. You want get the high reputation for egoistic reasons like better reactions or cheaper prices.

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

finish all the quest and buy all the items you need in Trademeet... you should know what to do from there.

9. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Don't forget to kill Nalia's Aunt.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hmm guess im going to have to kick some nobody's ass, because i've already done de'arnise hold without killing the annoying sow and i'm a cleric/ranger so i did trademeet the good way. thanks guys.

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

If you are ranger you may be fallen quick you do evil things like murder etc, do beware!

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

IIRC, rangers fall when their rep. goes below 5 or so. As long as he keeps it above that, he can kill whatever or whomever he chooses. Though I think R/C can't fall anyway.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Not planning to kill anybody, just planning to sock a couple of lone commoners while they're at home. I did the silver pantaloon ransom and went down to 16 but I did the fallen paladins and bumped it back up to 17 and now i'm about to do the unseeing eye, so once i finish, a couple of random commoners that say the wrong thing are gonna get it hehe

14. Blast Skeleton Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

First of all, I suggest you download the ease-of-use mod.
    http://weidu.org/ease.html
    Enable "Low Reputation Store Discount", to keep the shop prices at a normal level. (just imagine everybody fears you and 'gladly' offers you discount prices)
    Then reduce your reputation to a suitable number with Shadowkeeper or wack some idle peasants. :)
    That should prevent your party from nagging or even leaving. (without suffering from a 200% increase in shop prices)
    Maybe a bit cheesy, but useful nonetheless.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Why bother? SK it to 16, this way everybody's happy. And there's something in EoU I think that force evil member to stay in the group even if the rep is too high.

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Can't you just steal from the fence in the sewers until you're caught?

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Then you will have to kill the poor fence. Fences are good, they buy stolen things which you can re-steal from them countless times! :evil:

OK call me Mr.Cheesy. :p

18. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

Just punching peasants dropped your reputation in BG I, iirc. You might want to try that.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Doesn't work anymore. I went with stealing from obscure useless merchants

20. Lady Constance Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You can steal from the Adventurer's Mart... when you return to Athkatla to get Immy's soul back from Bodhi, you can pickpocket Ribald, if you have a PC thief. He has a magic ring of some sort. ( I just went and opened SK, to the character browser, as I haven't done this in some time, and it is a Ring of Regeneration) there are some other nifty items you can pick off others too, and if it is thieving your looking to do go to the platform on the right where there is a man sitting in a chair surrounded by tables of food. He has quite a small stash of loot you can pick off him. This is in Waukeen's Promenade. Want your reputation to go down, if this has not already been done...go to the Circus tent, talk to Aerie while she is in Orge form. She asks you to find the key which doesn't look like a key. Find the orge's sword key. The walk over to her, and just say that you are not going to give a weapon to a monster. While in Orge form she turns red. Kill her. Automatic -2 reputation. I can't remember if killing Saemon Havarian gets you a - rep or not, after he exposes you to treachery time and time again, well sometimes you just want to kill the guy.

Allowing Anomen to take revenge for his sister's murder also gets you a -2 reputation, because he kills Suryah, Saerk's daughter. He suggests taking out the entire Order after he fails his test. I think I am going to go into an old saved game and do exactly that, see what happens...he he he.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.