1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Staff of the Magi

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Sarevok, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Lord Sarevok Guest

Heh, I thought I'd fool around a little and watch myself get blown to bits in the twisted rune quest.

I went in there(saved first) had Yoshimo set some traps in the first room then talked to the shangalar. When all of the traps killed him, I thought I might have a shot at it so I reloaded, went down to Ribalds and bought the very expensive Shield of Balduran and 1 scroll of protection from magic.

Heh, to make a long story short here I am with the almighty staff of the magi, and I'm not sure I even want it. It seems too powerful for the game and it dosen't really fit in with my character. I would sell it but 15,000 hardly seems enough(the shield and scroll cost more than that).

Should I keep it just to use it's cheesy spell trap or what? I need a +4 or better weapon though to kill kangaxx so I'll at least keep it to kill him. Unless, that melf's minute meteor's thing really works...

Oh yeah my party when doing this quest consisted of:

Nago level 10/11 fighter/mage
    Yoshimo level 15 bounty hunter

Yoshimo really didn't do anything exept set the traps but those killed Shangalar so I'm not complaining...

I quaffed about 20 potions of extra healing during this fight.

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I sold it! But I'm not very happy with that..
    Staff of the Magi gives a nice AC +2 and saving throw +2
    I wish i had it when i killed kangaxx, i would give Nalia the staff of the magi and the other (Aerie) Crom Faeyr. The Staff of magi is actually a +5 and now i had to hit Kangaxx with the staff of rynnn (+4). I had both my my mages cast spell immunity: abduration, blablabla no more about kangaxx

just keep the staff, it might come in handy, I almost always keep weird items, but i sold this one and i wish i didnt

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

melfs minute meteors work, they are considered a +4 weapon.. i think.(+5?) :heh:
    but it takes QUITE a lot of them to kill him, damn things keep missing and the bastard has time to regenerate.

4. zaknafein Guest

just wondering but what do you do in the twisted rune quest and where is the staff.

5. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Spoiler!!!

You can hardly call it a quest. It is just a combat scene in one room with a lobby, the monsters almost seem as if they were chosen randomly. Go to the bridge district and open a back door with a rouge stone. The door is trapped as I recall. The Staff is in the room. You need the eye of the beholder you meet in there to get out.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited December 20, 2001).]

6. Its rogue stone.

7. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Don't try to boost your post count by pointing out spelling or grammar mistakes. If you're going to go on like that, 'Its' has an apostrophe after the 't'.

[Heh. Now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? ;) - BTA]

[Really just a sarcastic remark, but you may be right. ;) - AvaLance204]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited December 23, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by AvaLance204 (edited December 23, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.