1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bad or Good Party?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ladiesman, Jan 9, 2001.

1. Ladiesman Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My current party right now is:
    Me(Fighter/Mage)
    Yoshimo
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Korgan
    Aerie
    Should I change this party to make it better. I want to get rid of Jaheira, but who should I replace her with. I'm thinking Viconia, but I heard Edwin is pretty cool so I might get him instead. I liked Edwin from BG1. Also, I would drop Yoshimo but I heard that he makes the game more interesting when you get to Imoen. I like Minsc and Korgan for fighting and Aerie's Cleric/Mage skills are pretty cool. Who should I drop from my party and who should I replace them with??

2. Isenhart Silvenfist Gems: 1/31

Haven´t tried Edwin, but he seems quite cool. Anyway, Viconia is one of the best caracters in the game -allmost a must have

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You can't keep Korgan and Aerie for long though. Bring Minsc and BOO! They're the greatest NPCs!

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yup. I learned the hard way with Korgan and Aerie. Was in the Planar Prison when she bolted on me. Had to reload a few hours back and dismiss Korgan then redo the entire Planar Prison again.

It's a shame too because he was wick.

Syl...

5. Lukki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Is viconia fighter/cleric or just a cleric?

6. Sorl Guest

Viconia is no fighter, but has good attack spells. She can wield better weapons (e.g. Crom) than Jaheira and can get acceptable ac (-11; even less in the underworld).
    She definitly needs something to boost her strenght if you want to place her up front.

7. I actually use Viconia as a backup fighter in my party. She uses the Mauler's Arm +2 from the Copper Coronet, so she can use full plate anytime which is always nice :). Anyway if my 4 melee experts are having trouble, she just casts Holy Word and Call Upon Holy Might and becomes a pretty effective fighter with a THACO of around 5 or so. Very useful for a non good party.

8. Ladiesman Gems: 1/31

What happens to Korgan and Aerie in the planar sphere. I like Korgan that would suck if I could not use him any more. Should i get rid of the two of them?

9. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]
    ** Little Spoiler **

Basically, Ladiesman, Korgan drives Aerie out of the party if you keep them both for too long. You don't need to drop them both from your party, just drop the one you want less. Personally, I have a strong dislike of Aerie, so it's a no-brainer for me. :)

[This message has been edited by The Wretched (edited January 10, 2001).]

10. Ladiesman Gems: 1/31

Aight thanks. So should I keep Korgan?

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I played good four times now and I stopped to play the fifth time for it starts to make me sick (...tedious monkeywork...).
    I need some diversion and I think playing evil would be an alternative, so that I can choose the vampire guild and do all the nasty thing I ever liked to do.
    I think I´ll choose Edwin, Korgan, Viconia and possibly play with two PCs.

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, since you asked, my suggestions would be to dump Yoshimo for Jan Jansen and Korgan for Valygar or perhaps Keldorn.
    Undoubtedly, Korgan is the best fighter that the game offers, but as said before, mixing him and Ariee could be a problem. If you really want to go ahead with the Yoshimo plot, do it. But I don't think pure thieves have a strong purpouse in the game. Jan is a fine thief and ok mage, and he'd be my pick till you get Imoen back. But I'd dump either one for Imoen when you get the chance.
    Finally, I like Jahiera. With the right weapons, she is a very nice backup fighter, even if her wisdom is somewhat low. Her druid spells add something different as well. I'd keep her. But Anomen isn't a bad choice for cleric/backup fighter either. Either way, you need to give whoever you pickup for the position some strength enhacement.

13. Shura Gems: 25/31

I agree. Jaheira is suprisingly solid in BG2. I dumped her early in BG1. Pump a proficiency point into Scimitars and then give her a good shield. That makes her a solid fighter with Belm or Water's Edge.
    And Aerie has to be the most worthless character ever. I found Cernd even better than her. She's better than Haer Dalis though. Try Mazzy. She's a solid fighter and a great archer.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Aerie worthless? I beg to differ.
    She must be one of the characters I like the most in my party, aside from the fact that she's my romance. ;)
    She's got a ton of clerical and mage spells, and since you find more than enough scrolls theroughout the game, she has practically all of the spells as my main conjurer, plus the divination ones he can't cast. She can also dish a nice amount of damage from afar with a good sling and enchanted bullets, or use a good mace or quarterstaff she's proficient in while at melee. True, she dies fast, but then again which cleric/mage doesn't...

15. Ladiesman Gems: 1/31

So will it affect my other good players if I get evil NPCs like Edwin and Viconia?? Ive so far come to the conclusion of getting rid of Jaheira, Yoshimo, and Aerie and replacing them with Edwin, Viconia, Jan, or maybe Keldorn or Anomen. I think I'll keep Korgan because he is awesome.

16. Shura Gems: 25/31

Minsc and Edwin will come to blows. And so will Anomen and Keldorn/Aerie if the wuss fails his knighthood test. Keldorn won't actually attack any evil party member although he'll grumble about them. Korgan and Aerie don't mix too. Neither does Aerie and Viconia. Sparks even fly between Aerie and Jaheira. Stupid little idiot.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.