1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Evil half-party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by idoru, Jul 22, 2001.

1. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I finally, finally, finally beat BG2.. my party was over 160 days, and still I think my own character was the only one to hit the cap. Quite odd, considering I kept the same lineup pretty much all through the game. Anyway, all of a sudden, I feel a sudden urge to play the game all over again.. can't say I've felt that before! Anyway, the best part of BG2, imo, is the characters and the way you can choose your path, and since I played through the game with the classic chaotic-good, 6 people party, and took all the obvious paths, this time around I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3 NPC's, and everyone more or less eeevil. Or well, not necessarily evil, but the party should, in general be evil. I want to take Bodhis offer instead of the Shadow thieves' and so forth.

Any suggestions for my own characters and the npcs? I'm thinking Korgan and Mazzy (I hear they get along!), which would mean either a mage or a druid for my own character, or possibly adding a third character (edwin, viconia?).. I'm not sure yet, I want to prepare this game well, coz I feel that my old character and party was sort of dull.

2. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sounds like a cool idea, but I rather try my luck at the good side cause I can never seem to get Romance with Jaheira to work. I heard it was the most complicated, I just love challenges. But evil is also fun cause you'll just have way more people to slaughter. God those fatso Amnish soldiers look so fun to kill. And it would be cool if you barged into the Cowled Wizards base @ govt district and slaughtered all of em. Wouldn't that be a challenge.

3. idoru Gems: 11/31

heheh ooops, I didn't mean chaotic evil, I'm not just gonna go on a murdering rampage and kill everything in sight.. I want to be able to complete the game and do at least some of the quests.. sooo lawful evil or something?

4. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

If you are really thinking of doing the game with an evil party, or mostly evil, I do not think that Mazzy will stay with you. She is Lawful Good. Edwin, Viconia,Korgan, and Jan would be a well rounded evil party.

5. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Mazzy'll stay. She doesn't have any serious fights with Edwin or Viconia, and she actually forms a good friendship with Korgan.

The ones you won't be able to keep in the evil party are Minsc, Aerie, and Keldorn. They will all come to blows in that party. Valygar may also, but it's rare.

6. Silvershade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Mazzy won't stay if you side with Bodhi.

Edit/

Idoru: I think it will be alright then, I'm not sure though.

[This message has been edited by Silvershade (edited July 23, 2001).]

7. idoru Gems: 11/31

damn.. I really wanted to use mazzy. I had this wicked plan to use korgan, jan, mazzy, and then my own character, who'd be a dwarf or something - all small folks! :)

What if you pick up mazzy AFTER you've teamed with bodhi?

8. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Oh, that's right, she won't side with Bodhi. Feh. She won't fight with any of the other NPC's, though, and she won't leave the group if your charisma is high.

You should be ok if you remove her from the group, go join Bodhi, and then add her again. However, don't let your reputation be too low when you remove her, or she'll leave forever! Go donate a lot at a temple, then send her back to Trademeet, join Bodhi, and come innocently back to ask her for her help again. You should be cool. (-:

9. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Do it !! Evil NPC are really more interresting than the good one...

Korgan and Jan are really fun to have...The funniest NPC in the game.
    Korgan always love Jan stories...
    Edwin can be really fun...especially after you done the "Nether scroll" quest...
    Viconia and Edwin can be funny since Edwin think He can please any woman with his rodent...Interresting discussion with Viconia.

10. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Does anyone ever use Haer Daelis? Chaotic neutral, ought to fit right in..

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I used him. Till the end of the game. He rocks!

Will you please stop spamming for tonight?

No, do please continue, it's fun to oppose your answers :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.