1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Meeting Drizzt

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The_Dude_420, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Well, Aldeth, like david here said:
    His spellprotections made him untouchable to everything I had to offer at that time, including Korgan, Keldorn, Jan, Edwin and Imoen (who were replacements for my turned companions), my Jester... and all the nifty items the Underdark quests and several sidequests PLUS the Item Upgrade mod provides you with). Spells? No way. Weapons? LOL It was all useless, I tell you.
    There wasnt a thing I could do to pierce his defences while he ripped apart my fighters (who had protections from leveldrain, which did me absolutely no good).
    All I could do was keeping him away from my casters with lots and lots of summonings and Keldorn and an enraged Korgan. Both of course were severely injured in no time; quite a problem since my only healer (Aerie) was turned by Bodhi. That fight was tremendously fun! :mad:
    Tanova (*laughs*), or even Firkraag, are no comparison to vamp Sola! Try it - you will see. :p

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Have your party destroy them! They are far to goody for my liking, Drizzt is so cocky, kill him and his companions, take the loot and sell it.

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Easier said than done. I always find the fight with Drizzt and co one of the hardest fights in SOA. The fact that you don't get to prepare beforehand means you're basically fighting them at a lot less than your true potential.

One thing I found a little annoying the first time I actually got the better of him was that I couldn't summon his panther to fight for me. Drizzt summons it from a statuette - why can't I get that statuette if I beat him? That would have been a nice bonus for the fight because his items aren't that great at the stage in the game you get them.

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Few hastes and a decent party will slay Drizzt and his band of wussies!!

5. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Just toss a couple of stone skins on before you leave the camp, as well as some cont.s. Then, when he shoes up, your already prepped.

Might be kinda cheap, but you do prep.

6. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

True you might not be able to prepare, but wouldent it be much more realistic if every fight only allowed you to have Stoneskin and triggers/Contingencies as your only preperation?

If only all fights were that well scripted.

Aldeth: SPOILERS FOR UNDEAD SOLA FIGHT!

As for Sola all I can say is he will have you ripping your hair out before you kill him, about the best thing (or only for that matter) you can do is sell a wand of monster summons and fire, keep him right away from you with it which should take about uh... 20 charges before you can send him back to the dead, and if you play on harder difficulties closer to 40 since he has a second wind which automatically, re-buffs him and heals him, and even cast a full length Time Stop (all you can do here is make sure he chooses Drizzt as the target since he's got high damage resistance and level drain protection).

Also if you didn't already know fire works great against the Revenge spiders, which you will be facing a legion of (4-5 actually if I remember correctly)

7. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Take them along and you will get no XP from the creatures they kill. Kill them all and sell their items, you will get items and no loss of reputation.

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Oh my, this is ill-news indeed. Even Keldorn can't take down some of those protections? His uber-dispel magic usually gets rid of 90% of stuff in the game, especially once he gets up to a higher level...

I have a feeling I may have to leave everyone at the stairs and run a hasted character down to the chamber where they all are, open the door to acticate all their protections and then run like hell. With any luck I may be able to lure a few of them out at a time, or at worst, I'm at least be able to funnel them through a narrow passage way, keeping my spellcasters safe behind a wall of my frontliners...

9. david w Gems: 19/31

I think you'll find the improved Bodhi (I'm assuming you're using this) can teleport.

I once tried flinging open the door, having Edwin, Imoen and Aerie hurl Fireballs into the room and then legging it for the stairs. Bodhi beat me to it with a teleport and killed the PC in five seconds flat.

10. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I don't know if any mod fixed it, but if you take Drizzt and Co.'s equipment in Bodhi's lair, as soon as you leave a friend of Drizzt, Malchor Harpell, will take all of Drizzt and Co.'s equipment

11. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Yes, I mean c’mon, isn’t is just completely unfair that out of all the most powerful enemies you face in the game this nobody comes a long and can wipe you and your party out in a split second and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, it is just not right. :cry:

12. david w Gems: 19/31

I think a mod *does* fix that. Drizzt died once in a game where I was fighting the Improved Bodhi and another time when I had Unfinished Business installed and Artemis Entreri killed him. Both times I picked up Drizzt's items and kept them with me and Malchor Harpell never showed up to reclaim them.

What's the big deal with Malchor showing up anyway? Drizzt's items might have been the best in BG1 but they're nothing special here. You'd have thought the game designers would have let you keep them.

13. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31

Speaking of his loot, why is his Iceing death called something else... Think it was Frostband or something like that...

BTW, Harpell is NOT a nobody! Hes an encentric Mage, part of larger gruop of wackos.

The point, is that he (harpell) is cool.

14. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

They call it Frostband because of the same reason that they call Twinkle, The Defender. I don't what the reason is, but thats why. They use the original names from the Icewind series.

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Icingdeath is the name of that particular sword. It is a Frostbrand +3.

Same with Twinkle.

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

You know for such a strong and couragous adventurer, Drizzit kinda has femme sounding weapons.

17. david w Gems: 19/31

Actually that's an interesting observation.

Twinkle? If Julian Clary played Drizzt in a film, you'd imagine that would be the name he'd give to his sword.

18. Sarevok 435 Gems: 2/31

The first time Drizzt helped me my PC got charmed and Drizzt killed him now in my new game i am going to return the favor any tips

19. david w Gems: 19/31

I doubt you'll succeed in charming Drizzt with his freakish magic resistance in place.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.