1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Meeting Drizzt

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The_Dude_420, Mar 23, 2004.

1. The_Dude_420 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok i just met drizzt (and i was beyond happy because drizzt is a pimp) and they were arguing about losing bruenors hammer. Can i actually find his hammer and give it back to him when they help me defeat bodhi? I would think if i could it would be in the little area you talk to them in i just dont know where... well get back to me. Peace.

[ March 23, 2004, 21:51: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

As far as I know, there is no hammer to be found. But do take drizzt along to Bodhi's Lair, he helps out in a pinch. ;)

3. The_Dude_420 Gems: 1/31

oh you better believe i am taking him along man i would have killed for the chance to fight along side the legendary drizzt do'urden... yes i am very much upsessed with his books i have read them all religously lol. Ok i am done making a fool out of myself and proving how much of a nerd i really am. peace.

4. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I might be the only one, but when I fought Drizzt and Co, using and evil party I found it really hard. Mostly cause the people you get for an evil party are weaklings, but I was still happy to see that they made Drizzt and powerful enough.

5. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The worst thing about fighting Drizzt with a good party is that some of them leave. Jaheira walked out on me and Keldorn actually fought against me. Took several reloads before I got the better of them all.

An evil party is actually easier as you get to keep all of your NPCs. Give Edwin the Robe of Vecna and he'll be able to get off a pretty lethal spell before the fight even starts. Drizzt and Bruenor are tough, but the rest fall pretty easy.

6. Lethis. Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

It was great fighting along side Drizzt, the only thing is he's too good! he kills all the damn vampires and takes all the XP for himself :(

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    No, the worst part is when he gets charmed (and it shouldn't be possible to charm him because he's an elf) and he attacks you while trying to kill Bohdi - that sucks.

8. david w Gems: 19/31

Don't you get XP for the vampires Drizzt kills? I know you get XP when he whacks Bodhi.

9. Dendri Gems: 20/31

With the Solaufein mod installed you better have Drizzt by your side. Bodhi and her vamps are laughable compared to undead Solaufein. I couldnt figure out how to bring down his defences - only thing I could do is to wait until his magicks were spent. In the meantime Sola will do a lot of killing and leveldraining.

Why I'm typing this? It was Drizzt (and hordes of conjured beasts, monsters and skeleton warriors) who bought me that time! And he got himself killed in the process. I felt quite bad about his death. :(
    At least it wasnt in vain.

10. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I have to agree about Sola there, I managed to beat him on Insane somehow, by cheesing it through, and even using an uber party and cheesing as much as possible it's still a challange, also according to the read me Sola can actually become more powerful potentially on yourside then the undead Sola can, at first I thought it was a load of BS, but now I think he should have seriously been toned down...

But enough off topic rant from me.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The topic title:
    Oh, the things that went through my mind when I read this and wondered what this topic was really about. :xx: :p

Edit: This actually made more sense before BTA editted the title. ;)

[ March 24, 2004, 20:45: Message edited by: Splunge ]

12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    @ Splunge

:lol:

Seriously though, when Solafein gets abducted by Bohdi he's significantly harder than any of the other people once they are abducted? That sucks...

13. Lacessit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Probably... :confused: Since undead Viccy and Jaheira were absolutely laughable.

14. The_Dude_420 Gems: 1/31

yea i know i didnt spell the title right i noticed it right when i posted it lol. Oh well you know what it means. I tried to kill drizzt without saving just to see if his equipment was worth anything but Drizzt beat the living daylights out of me. Guen was the hard part for me that cat is fast and powerful man. Peace.

15. Dendri Gems: 20/31

@ Splunge - :D

@ Aldeth - Prepare yourself for a TOUGH battle, when you are about to face undead Solaufein. It took me some time and many reloads to get through it in one piece. Bodhi & Co. are almost unworth any attention; they are more like goblins or some other critters in that fight.

16. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I don't think the good people in your party leave when you kill drizzt in Bodhi's Lair

17. Benan Gems: 20/31

They won't leave in the Vampire Lair, but if you fight him when you first meet him Jaheira and Minsc leave.

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    @ Dendri - How hard could he be? OK, he's a mage, so presumably he has spells. What makes him any more difficult than say, Tanova? No way and hell no. Ano is wading in there with his amulet giving him negative plane protection and the cloak of cheese and laying the beat down on everyone if needs be.

19. david w Gems: 19/31

Doesn't undead Sola start with so many spell protections in place that he's practically impossible to wound for ten or so combat rounds? I've never had him in my party at that stage in the game so I couldn't say but a walkthrough I read mentioned it.

20. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Heh. Undead Sola is a hard fight. He starts with alot of spell protections, much like what David said. But, unlike other liches, He uses weapons as well, if I recall right. He is, after all, a F/M. So even if his spells are useless, hes not helpless.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.