1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just a couple o questions

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gambit, Nov 5, 2000.

1. Gambit Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Nothing big really.

One, I've cleared the slaver ship of everything I can find and freed the three children. But I cant find wassisname to tell him that I've done it. Are there any more slaves to free?

The four keys in the sewer? I have the hand, the wand and the lovers ring but have no idea where to get the fourth key. anybody have any ideas?

My party consists of:
    Me (fighter)
    Jahera
    Minsc
    Aerie
    Nalia
    Yoshi

I'm thinking of employing Jan, and Edwin.

Is it worth me kicking out aerie, nalia or Yoshi for these guy's and if so, which ones should I kick out?

Cheers Fellas

Gambit

2. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

the chap to talk to bout the slaves i think is in the copper coronet (hendek i think)

minor spoiler

.blood of a true friend
    Quallo and his pet how do you draw blood????

3. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

The above post already gives 'direction' for the 'completion' of the Slums/Slaver episode. Of course you finished the Ship but there remains some other slaves that are in the same building as the Copper Coronet.

As far as you 'party mix', I have to agree. I cannot understand why all of the 'good' alignment NPC's have massive limitations including lower ability scores in thier main 'class ability'. The 'evil' alignment NPC's are awesome in comparison. Viconia has an 18 Wisdom - exactly what a Cleric needs to be 'top notch'. Edwin has an 18 Intelligence - exactly what a Mage needs to be 'top notch'. Korgan is a FAR better fighter than Minsc just because of Weapon Proficiency and HP's. I haven't had Jan join my party but my current party is my first (ever) EVIL party. I'm playing a Thief/Fighter and currently have Korgan, Yoshimo, Jaheria, Viconia and Edwin. I may check out Jan soon. For ME, with the 'evil' alignment slant these NPC's are my choice. They may work for you as well... check em' out and decide to keep them or not. G/L!

4. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

kick out Nalia for Jan, then take Imoen when she shows up again. Then you have more or less the party I finished the game with, and since there wasn't one impossible battle I confronted (and maybe 2 where I had to reload), so you'll do just fine :)
    Although I must add that my party WAS stronger, since I could use Valygar and his stealth/backstab. You could of course throw Minsc out, but I personally would NEVER do that :)

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I have to say that Imoen is a pretty decent character, despite all the bad press she's been having. I would take her as a Yoshimio replacement in any party. Also, she will never leave your party unless you boot her out, so she fits in both good and evil parties.

6. Gambit Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the advice guys, but I'm still stuck with the four keys to get hte talking sword thing. Anybody got any clues?

7. Grumblebelly Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

There was a pretty obvious clue from the first respondant but I'll try to make it more obvious. The last key is "The blood of a friend." Quallo has a "friend" who happens to be a carrion crawler. I find that the best method for drawing blood tends to be a sword to the head. Quallo is in a room with crates very close to the room in which you use the keys.

Translation: KILL THE CARRION CRAWLER BY QUALLO.

8. Gambit Gems: 1/31

Hehe, thanks Grumble :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.