1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira vs Faldorn

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Neeraj the Freak Paladin, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Alright I got an ill solution for the Jaheira vs Faldorn fight.

The first time I made Jaheira and Faldorn duke it out in the pit, Faldorn got some good hits early b/c I guess I didnt play my cards right, and so by the time Jaheira got some good hits in there, it was too late and she died.

But, Aarie had a Raise Dead scroll which I had bought for her back in Athkatla just before we left for Trademeet for emergencies such as this, and so we raised Jaheira from the dead immediately, and got herself, Aarie and Anomen to cast all the healing spells she needed to be at her full hit point level (79 at the time) and immediately after that, without delay, we challenged Faldorn again.

Faldorn's shapechanging spell had already been used up, so she couldn't change into a great creature, whereas Jaheira still could (she has the brownbear option and the blackbear option!) so when the 2nd fight started, I first made Jaheira grab the Quarterstaff, then immediately shapeshift into a bear, and made her attack Faldorn relentlessly.

Though the first few hits did nothing because Faldorn still had some defense spells, they eventually wore off, and get this, Jaheira started doing 8-12 damage with each hit, and Faldorn did not even one successful hit on Jahiera!

I counted the HP's on Faldorn, and Jaheira knocked all 125 hit points off of her, and Jaheira left the battle still at 79 out of 79!

[ September 16, 2003, 03:10: Message edited by: Neeraj in Athkatla ]

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I win this every time by casting Insect Plague straight away (Faldorn is too busy casting protections) then summon a few bears. Then just keep running around the ring away from her and let your bears rip her to bits.

Easy peasy

3. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

You say that the fight is hard? Gosh, try attacking Faldorn and her cronies at the same time. The ***** will cast Natural Beauty and wham. But one on one is easy. Insect Plague and Shapeshift will do it.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Insect Plague on Faldorn, stoneskin on the sweetie, summon yourself some magical weapon +2 (a low level spell of which the name I can't recall now - this is the only instance I ever use it) and go make yourself a coffee.

5. Kralizek Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

This one's a piece of cake: Insect plague and summon woodland being, and it is over before you even realize it started. :cool:

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Anyone actually tried it without Insect Plague and summons?

I manage it. Once I fought her by mirroring her spells and everything, quite fun,

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Yeah, it's a cinch. Just have Jaheira transform into a bear and you can easily smash up Faldorn while she's casting her protections.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't really like the bears, I like the wolf, but that's just about it.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] And I like the humanoid form :p

:love: :bigeyes: :sick: :help:

10. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Duh. Just cast summonings and run around in circles while your critters smack Faldorn to death.

Really. One of the easiest fights in the game.

11. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

It is a rather easy fight -- I've never used the Plague on Faldorn, just summoned up everything I could muster and tossed it at her -- then I usually range her down or, if I've got a half decent weapon, I melee with her -- either way, she drops fairly quickly.

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

LKD, are you talking about if you don't duel her with Jaheira? In that fight, you lose any weapon before starting.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

It's been so long -- I forgot about that part -- I guess I was referring to the spells I toss at her as ranged -- I've also had Jaheira pound the tar out of Faldorn with her fists.

14. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

stoneskin on Jaheira and you're golden. Cast Entangle (NOT Web) after you summon some bears, then enemy animals can't get at you by accident. Of course, there's always a chance they save, but it's a slim chance they'll come after you.

15. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Jaheira has ironskins; stoneskin is a mage spell.

I've done in Faldorn with insect plague and flame sword. I never much cared for her shapeshifts, though I'm sure they have their purposes.

16. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

My Avengers (or Jaheira) used the spell Doom, then Miscast Magic, next some summoning spells and my favorite cleric/druid spells: Poison and Dolorous Decay.

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I usually use Cernd for this but I do the same with both him and Jaheira - SHAPESHIFT!!!!!!
    Over in a flash

18. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

@spelldonna - it's the same spell!

use Ironskins then shapeshift. Over before it starts.

19. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

My latest tactic is doom followed by charm person, and she is my to control. Next, I had the charmed Faldorn to heal Jaheira and then summon all that she can summon. Sadly, when I tried to shapeshift Faldorn to dire panther, she recovered from the charm. But by that time, she had got more than enough of her own summoned animals and nymph to deal with. :D

20. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I beated her shapechanging Jaheira into a Earth Elemental (yes, that's ToB, I know..) and nothing more. Faldorn didn't stand a turn.

Smash, smash, smash...pulp!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.