1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon slayin' is thirsty work!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by nicksull, Oct 2, 2000.

1. nicksull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Two down! Does anyone know if there are other dragons? I've dispatched the Shadow and Red and have a taste for it. ALSO ALSO ALSO: I read a post that says the Shadow Dragon yields no treasure... not so... look closely.

[This message has been edited by nicksull (edited October 02, 2000).]

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

There should be 2 more dragons. What did you get from the Shadow?

Syl...

3. nicksull Gems: 3/31

Syl,

The big thing you get is some scales... they're black so hard to see on the corpse... take them to Cromwell and enjoy... especially if you are an archer and can't wear metal armor. I think there were some gems too.

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Cormwell is that Dwarf in the Government or Dock District right? I've heard about him in the Promenade District but have yet to go speak with him. Currently digging my way through the Planar Sphere.

Syl...

5. Bhaal Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hes at the Dock District. Bottom right on the map.

6. mightyhalfling Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have 2 of the 3 holy symbol of Aumantor. Where is the third?

MH...

7. Johnd Bhallspawn Gems: 1/31

Any strategies for defeating the red dragon? I've already completed that quest, but I didn't fight him and I really want the exp.

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

The locations to the parts of the Symbol are as follows:

1st Part [Sun Ray Symbol]

This is gained after answering all three tests from the head of the statue.

2nd Part [Dawn's Light Symbol]

This is gained after you return Amuana's bones to the two ghosts.

3rd Part [Lightstone Symbol]

This is gained in the small room past the lettered room. It is found in the same room the Shadow was that asked to be taken across the lettered tiled room.

Syl...

9. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Killing the Red is fairly easy, if you obtain the dragonslaying equipment, from another quest inside the same dungeon. My main char soloed the Red, since, with a fire resistance of 127, the dragon's breath never did a thing...

10. osodeadly Gems: 1/31

Dragon slaying is the best battle in this game. I LOVE it. there's nothing like preparing your spells before a hunt. I used my whole party the first time I beat him, then tried it with my main character (Dual fighter/mage from BG1) and turned out to be a little simpler. The right combo of items and prepared spells (Contingency can make or break a battle) can make it very easy.
    See the BGII solution on this site in the near future for a section on spellcasting tactics. (You'll also be able to post there any tactics your particularly fond of)

oSo

11. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Well, well, well, look who it is. ;) The official Spell Casting Tactition for the ultimate Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn Online Solution here at www.sorcerers.net. LOL. What a hyped plug!

I have yet to kill a Dragon or anything of worth, although my party has kicked some ass on a few of the children in Umar Hills!

Syl...

12. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31

I don't mean to sound like a nit picker because I really love this game!! But shouldn't a dragon be damn near impossible to beat with ONE character? Why would they make it so easy, what kind of challenge is that? Am I the only person who wonders about that? It's just that every RPG I've ever played with a dragon were something to be incredibly feared (at least with the DM's I'm used to) :)

I'm still going to enjoy kicking some dragon butt but I do still feel that it's a little cheap. Oh well...

13. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Yeah, I agree with you on that one. As a DM, these Dragons are a joke in the game and should be so deadly that you'd have to pretty much cheat to kill them. Yes, you'd probably see a lot of people crying a river that they're too tough and they can't kill them to get their items, but really, a Dragon should be just that.

Syl...

14. Sir Elwood Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I've been trying to kill the red one over and over again, and keep getting my ass kicked. I've this far only found three pieces of the dragonslayer eq (the helm, shield and sword) - I suppose there are more to be found. Please someone tell me where to find the rest.

15. Thanos Gems: 5/31

Syl: The dragons aren't THAT easy to kill without the proper eq. As a DM, i dont think you would give a full dragonslayer armor (which makes the PC impevious to fire damage, hence red dragon breath) AND a girdle that gives +5 to save vs breath (bringing my cavalier's save vs breath to an unbelievable score of -6!!!)

By the way, the dragons are FIVE, not four. Yes, there is a Green one, too :)

16. nicksull Gems: 3/31

Sir Elwood,

There's a Dragon Slaying Halberd in the Beholder's cave complex (Cult Quest)

Where do you find the dragon slaying helmet?

17. Jehovah Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Well the Red Dragon was damn hard to slaughter, unlike the black that I killed in a few tick of the clock. Still watching its cadaver lay on the floor. thinking to myself, is that it? argh!!! hehe, Alas the Red slaughtered my poor Jen on a permanent basis. and since I beleive to go on the game, I won't have the dilema of who to chose betwen him and Iomen hehe

18. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I believe in re-loading the game because I can't stand the thought of friends dying, hee hee!

19. Sir Elwood Gems: 1/31

My leading char is a level 10 cavalier, and there's no way I could finish Firkraag solo.
    Any help on tactics? Does anyone know the AC of the red one, I don't seem to be getting hits in. (with thac0 1 that seems incredible.)

The dragonslaying helmet can be found in the well, just a bit before entrance to the red one's cavern. As you lift the helm up an air elemental will attack you. (PoC)

[This message has been edited by Sir Elwood (edited October 05, 2000).]

20. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Dragon solo? Ack! The strongest creatures my Barbarian can take on solo, or at least the strongest I've come across are Fire Elementals and any type of Golem. That Flail of Ages +3 is too sweet!

Syl...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.