1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by spooky, Dec 7, 2006.

1. spooky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is there a reason why should I rush to rescue Imoen? I was thinking of doing most quests in Chapter 2.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Rush to rescue Imoen if you want her in your party (so she won't be levels behind the rest of the game), but otherwise you can take your time.

3. spooky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hm I see. How many levels behind?
    Actually I want Imoen. Are there some quest if I rush to rescue Imoen that later I could not start-finish them.
    I hate to think I missed something. ;)

4. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think you won't miss any

5. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

The quests which can be done in chapter 2 and 3 can also be done in chapter6.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

IIRC, Imoen's around level 11 when you rescue her.

I usually do anything relating to the graveyard area in chapters 2 and 3, that way when I return, I can avoid it until I'm ready to finish the game.

7. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

Imoen will have 400,000 XP as mage when you get her back.

8. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think it is higher than that, IIRC (most probabaly I don't) she had over a million when I rescued her.

9. Deus Ex Biotica Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I did everything in Athkatla besides the Rogue Stone Doorway and Kangaxx in my chapers 2 and 3, than by the time I was out of the underdark, Imoen was about half a level behind Edwin, who had been with me for most of the game. So I don't think she ends up all that far behind.

10. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

When your average party class level is very high, you can get a version with 1,200,000 XP. (Don't know if this requires ToB)

If you have Nalia in your party it's nearly impossible, her low levels will lower the average party class level too much. My party had done all quests in chapter 2-3, but she still had only 400,000 XP. When I dismissed Nalia before I got the 1,200,000 XP version.

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Indeed, there are exactly two versions of Imoen that you can meet at Spellhold. One with 400K XP (level 7/11) and one with 1200K XP (level 7/13). But generally when I do everything before Spellhold, even without any quest mods, everyone's at least 15th level.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.