1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anomen rocks!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Demonater351, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaknafein Guest

2. Laertiades Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Viconia is better than Imonem, any day. And if I were to take a "Good" Cleric, I'd take Aerie.

[Imonem? Is that the lovechild of Imoen and Anomen? - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited November 14, 2001).]

3. Nivek The Mad Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Mirkwood has totally hit the nail on the head.

Even before Anomen passes his test, his "turn undead" ability turns him into a ghast-chunking Cuisinart.

His front-line tanking ability is solid.

His list of spells available to him right out of the box is like the Library of Clericness.

Okay, his self-righteous pontificating is a little annoying, but Culurien makes a great point; "...in awe of the people who made up a character complex enough to provoke...me"; ditto - right on target. He wants to be good but is torn by revenge, is a tough guy people dismiss as a pansy, has problems with his Dad - nobody's perfect.

Sign me up for the fan club, and if Taluntain could tell me what expansion pack I need to give me the Rag Vendor in Trademeet, (so I can buy that gag!) that'd be perfect. :grin:

[This message has been edited by Nivek The Mad (edited November 14, 2001).]

4. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] For some reason, I cant stand him. Maybe its his arrogance. I was hoping he may be more like kelly dawny (keldorn):D

5. Lord Sarevok Guest

I only played with Anomen once just to see if he got any better after he was knighted. Actually the only reason I kept him was because Jeheira can't use restoration spells :(. I don't know....... I was going to replace him with Keldorn but I never got around to doing that quest.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Sign me in!

I really, really like Anomen... And I regret very much that I screwed up the romance :( (My first time thorough the game) I have to start another game from a save in Chapter 3, I think...

Annoy-me is a really, really good character. He's a bit pompous, yes, but the kinda way that I like. And, he's cute!

And, he looks exactly like one of the counselors in the group home I live...

Ara
    (Sniffle. Sniffle. Up and about! Annoyed...)

7. corbin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] sniff sniff, i feel bad.
    there's this bug in my game that prevents me from talking to cor delryn (very off pissing, i tell yah) so i couldn't even start the bloody romance!

But Anomen is a good character, because he's so mf-ing annoying.
    A great character flaw

8. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Having read all you guys, various comments about Annoy-me or whatever you call him, I think he's an ok guy, and yeah he is a pain when he passes his test, but I just started over and just got him in my party, looked at his stats, and noticed something I would define as "a rule break", he's a dual classes Fighter/Cleric, but have only 12 in wisdom, and the rules clearly states you have to have 15 in your current class and need 18 in the one you need to dual to, whats up with that, anyone ???..Besides when/if he passes the test his wisdom is still only 16 ???

9. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Hmmm, interesting. I never thought of that. So now I have another reason to hate him:)

He breaks the rules! I guess I'll have to kill him for that too.

All of you should kill him also.

[This message has been edited by Archer14 (edited November 17, 2001).]

10. Xuncle Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Yes, Amonen does cheat by breaking the dual-class rules with a low Wisdom. I'm definately a member of the Kill Amonen club.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Anomen is a sad excuse for a fighter. If you want a pally, keldorn's right there. Same with Viconia as a cleric. If ya want the "dc advantages" then make your char a dc ;) I don't really dislike him for his personality, i just think that he's not worth the space in my party :cool:

12. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If you attack his father in the Delryn estate Anomen will leave the party and attack you. You couldn't find any better opportunity to kill him!:evil::evil::grin:

13. Xuncle Gems: 3/31

Thanks for the info, TIN_MAN - that is just sooooo cool, now I can kill his whole family!

14. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Good idea!:D

To bad he doesn't have much of a family left to kill.

15. Leethal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey everytime i think ill give Anomen another chance, i realise that id rather play it through solo :)

Ive used him before and found his only real ability is turn undead, which kills basically all undead instantly, but as before (and probably again) if i go to the sewers with anomen i swap him for keldorn

16. zaknafein Guest

YES its a miricale more smart people. and thanks for a new reason to kill him

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] There is another thread about killing Anomen. So please your murderous comments save for that other thread.

Murderous, yes. Just like Keldorn has murderous thoughts about Viccy.
    And this guy up there is actually REPLACING Anomen with guess who: Keldorn?!?!?! :toofar:

If you don't like Anomen, fine. If you want to kill Anomen, fine. Do it.
    But if you NEVER finished the SoA with Anomen, your suggestions on killing him are pretty lame. And definetly IRRELEVANT.

Anomen ROCKS!

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Anomen indeed *is* a powerful char, I had him in my party for a while and I was pretty happy with him. I dumped him anyway, for I didn't want this idiot in my party.

He may be an idiot, but he's a valuable addition to any party, especially anfter becoming Sir Anomen.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Pfah! I don't want that doink in my party... however I WOULD like to do his quest... so rag, extreme, would either of you happen to know how long he has to be with you BEFORE you get his quest? And if I intend to dump him anyway... would leading him astray prove more lucrative than getting him knighted?

20. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] The time that must pass is described in Romancing Guide.
    What do you think, that I know every single timer in the game? *sigh* :toofar:

I had Anomen in the party all way long, did his quest when it appeared, got pissed at his annoying voice, made him knight, got pissed again, got surprised with his "TANK" abilities (yes - tank), asked myself do I really need two clerics in the party (Viccy ;):evil:), but continued with both all way long, improved his weapon profs to sky high, got to the end of the game...

And f*ckin' Keldorn got killed with a single hit from a nearby nothing, while Anomen smacked the demons with a single hit. (ok, not exactly, but it was about it)
    And Keldorn was IIRC higher level?!?!?!?

If I ever replay this game, Anomen is for sure back in my party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.