1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

True neutral....

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by volkov_2001, Apr 21, 2001.

1. volkov_2001 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

for those true neutral chars....will they change their aligments...if they chose either evil or good paths in hell...

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I think not - alignment is a just guideline in BG-2 I guess

3. Seric Exz Guest

While we're on the subject of alignment;
    What exactly are the consequences in BG2 (if any) of not following your alignment?

I've been told Paladins and rangers will become "fallen", and that's fine. But if I have a neutral good fighter, and play the game as if I were chaotic evil - will anything bad happen to my character?

(I'm curious, as the game states that "not following your alignment will have consequences")

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited April 21, 2001).]

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

No such consequences here.
    Alignment is very badly implemented in the BG games.
    PST does it a lot more nicely.

5. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I was wondering about that too at the begining. I had chosen my bard from BG1, of chaotic neutral alignment so, according to the manual, I should not always keep my word and all that. But I just couldn't help it and played as if I were lawful good or something. Nothing happened... Actually, now that I reconsider it, that's a pitty.

6. Punkindrublic Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i think following ure alighnment just adds some fun to the game but there are quests where choosing diferent allighnments gives different outcomes and ppl view u differently also on a related question after a paladin becomes fallen can he regain hes normal status?

7. Mhalek Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Alignment is too complex a topic to accurately cover in a video game (for now anyway) all it really does in BG2 is determine your starting reputation.

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    But one thing sucks you get evil alignment if you choose ONE just one evil path in hell i dont thinkk that is good. Hell my chaotic evil sorecerer became neutral evil after hell!!

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

In hell I tried probably all possibilities and my alignment never changed.
    I played as true neutral hero.

Whatever, I'll check again about this.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 22, 2001).]

10. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

aligment is a very hard thing to understand
    In BG, aligment doesn't change a lot of thing but if you want to play a real Rpg
    play your character as the aligment you give him at the beginning

11. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My (now legendary) bard Nyladin changed from TN. to NE. in hell (after only doing one thing wrong)--> that sword you get from the genie... does the 15% chance of doing all it claims EVER happen?

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Punkindrublic: I don't think so. Once you "fall", you lose your class permanently I think.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.