1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Character Classes

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Damulak, May 21, 2003.

1. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Ate-people,

I like Rangers, too.... but Minsc is soooo cool I wouldn't want to detract from his character... in fact, I often let him lead...

... but, really, how many fights have you lost? Do you use Minsc? How many fighter types are in your party? any wimpy Bards? ... to offest the power-fest?

and what do you mean the class "works for your character"? We don't get to make up personalities...or stats... so the class, equipment, profficiencies, etc.... ARE your character...

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Two of my Ranger Parties:

Hannah - Archer
    Anomen
    Aerie
    Imoen
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Because in BG1 I'd played through mith Minsc, Dynaheir, Jaheira, Khalid and Imoen. I was seeing things through.

Dolina - Beast Master
    Anomen
    Imoen
    Valygar
    Aerie
    Mazzy

I do lose fights, I sometimes have bards in my party. And the characters were mine before BG.

and it's 8people to you. :p

3. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Ate-people, don't be so bitter.... at least you use different variations of rangers...

... now about that Bard...

4. Damulak Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Rangers seems to be the favs then.

my fighter/mage progresses slowly but works well.

btw anything apart from potions that can put your intelligence up? Nalia in my game could most likely use level 9 spells by now if she had one more point of intelligence.

5. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Would the Girdle of Masculinity make her any smarter?
    or just easier to get a long with....? :D

6. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Well, no one has listed Sorcerer/Fighters. Those kick if you get to sorcereror level 13 or so so you can cast good high level spells, then dual class and kick ass.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Spooge - Sometimes Hannah has Haer'Dalis with her instead of Anomen.

8. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Thieves!!!!! :) :) :)
    I play a straight class thief and he rules :) :) :)
    I hate Yoshimo, never had him in my party, never will be, If you have Jan you need another mage anyway, and he cant get higher level spells anyway.
    Its okay to multi a druid and a cleric as they get 7th level spells @ level 14. multi/dualled mages suck! Chose Edwin :)

9. Juevon Gems: 1/31

Slith --

I didnt think that one could duel class with a sorcerer. Am I wrong?

10. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My fave class now seems to be Fighter/Mage, but hes just completely overpowered in BG2. I really like the skald truth be told, his bonuses are quite sweet, even in end game.

11. Terror Toilet Gems: 1/31

I've always been a fan of the Monk. I'm not sure if it's the convenience of stealth or the blazingly fast attacks, but it's the only class I feel completely comfortable playing.

Edit: Fixed typo.

12. toturi sezaru Gems: 1/31

i use beserker-thief. on the higher difficulty levels. extremely versatile, more so than a kensai-mage even. Find traps, disarm traps, open locks, [snip], cast any scroll, set traps. I set 7 traps on every map, whether I need them or not.

[ToB ability removed.] -Tal

[ June 10, 2003, 09:29: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

13. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My fav class are Assassin, Blade and Monk

14. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Always some kind of ranger :) Even a beastmaster, but thieves are cool too...
    I don't like magic so I stick to non-caster classes(my rangers don't use magic)

15. esabulao Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I've used Cavalier, Fighter/Mage (multi), Monk, Kensai/Thief and Kensai/Mage.

I like Kensai/Mage. He's just so cool dual-wielding katanas and bristling with protections from head to toe.

16. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm playing an Elf FMT imported from BG1.
    Str 19, Int 19...
    +100 HP with the familiar, AC - 6 with bracers and shield, Thaco 5 with long sword + 3, 100% picklock, +100% traps, some nice spells...
    All this fairly in the beginning, it's huge!

17. Keihdra Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Dwarven Fighter/Thief right now. I like either dwarven or halfling thieves. They have good thieving and saving throw bonuses. Besides, I just like playing thieves. :money:

18. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hmm. I play every class really. But some of my favourites...

-Archer
    -Sorcerer
    -Mage
    -Swashbuckler

Haven't played an assassin yet but I would like to try one. Now I have two games going, one with an Archer and the other with a Fighter/Mage (very nice class. Can cast some great buffs.)

19. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Kensai for me. Pure kensai with grand mastery in katanas and wakizashis, even if there are no good wakizashis all the way into the expansion.

20. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I've never played one but a cleric (maybe multi with fighter) would be good. You'd be the only one that had to survive a battle as you could ressurect everyone. With any other class you would have to survive as well as your priest.
    I like to have Anomen and Jahiera in my party as If one of them dies the other can ressurrect them. If you only have one priest, If they die, your screwed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.