1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anomen stolen!!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by ShadowDruid, Sep 11, 2005.

1. ShadowDruid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ah Bodhi stole Anomen. Can someone please tell me how I can get him back ??? I was supposed to talk to Elhan about it but it never gave me the option of asking him about it. Apparently Anomen is to be turned into a vamp..... *tear*

2. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You have to defeat the Neck sucking Gang First :D

3. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

take Anomen's corpse and bodhi's heart.

go to the temple of Light, the one that was related to ranger stronghold quest.

put corpse and heart on the statue behind the trick tiles. it is next to the room where you found the ghost, or whatever creature, who wanted you to help him cross the tiles.

then boom! there's your Anomen.

Edit : Ooh forgot about that. You should follow Goli's words first, then get the corpse and heart

4. ShadowDruid Gems: 1/31

ok thanks! is the heart and corpse is the same spot ?

5. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    ***I hope I´m not spoiling anything by telling you this.***

The heart should be in Bodhi´s coffin after you stake her. Anomen´s body should be where you killed him.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Go and do it, I am sure your Anmoen will be VERY pleased when his lady(you are lady right? Alternatively with a romance mod you can have a rather different relationship with your male PC and Anomen if you have the courage or nerve to do so...may prove fun? :p ) actually saves him.(and he is supposed to be a knight of some sort right?)

PS:Anyway it is good to know that there are people who love Anomen afterall. I thought everybody around here hated him?

7. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    I don´t usually romance him, since most of my PC´s are male, but he is after all the only Npc-healer with a potential grandmastery in weapons available to clerics. ( Unless you dual your fighter PC to cleric, that is...) I think people hate his voice or something. I don´t understand why some people think he is whining. Many people like Viconia, and she whines a lot too, just in a cast- iron B**CH way. I don´t dislike any of the Npc´s. If I need them, I bring them along, no matter who they are...

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Unfourtunately most guys can just not hide their hatred, I STARTED to hate Anomen becuse of the guys writing here: 'He SUCKS. He is soo ANNOYING. He is an arrogant bastard right he is.' And I could not help but agree with them. (See I am innocent! Can Anomen ever forgive me for declining his offer to join us?)

Come to think of it, he is rather...annoying to some(maybe to guys) BUT a very SOLID character as well! (especially to the ladies) (and as if they have another choice? :D )

9. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

In terms of fighting and casting spells and whatnot, Anomen is fine. I think people can't get past his annoying comments in the banters. I personally take him above both Aerie and Viconia.

10. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

For me Anomen is only worth taking along because of Jan's story about Ano the lobotomized orc :lol:
    Otherwise he can simply go ahead and marry Nalia and become the most pathetic annoying couple in all of Faerun

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^UGH perish the thought! I love Nalia and she deserves a better guy than Anno(y)men!!!

OH NO here it goes again, Sorry but I just can't help hating Anomen? CAN somebody make me love (or at least NOT to hate) him for SOME reason?

NO???

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Just think why you LIKED Anomen in the first place. I'm personally not swayed by others voicing their disapproval so I guess it may be harder than I think. Just imagine him with fresh eyes with every character. Some of my PCs don't like him at all while others are quite fond of him. See it as the character. Not the other people in the forum judging him.

ShadowDruid - good luck getting Anomen back and with Bhodi, should be an interesting challenge :)

13. Rhyllian Gems: 1/31

@Myth:

If you like the Jan/Anomen banters, you may want to check out how Ani mixes with some of the mod NPCs. I know Kelsey has a few funny exchanges, I've heard (but can't verify) that Chloe does, too, and I'm just on the verge of finding out how Solaufein & Anomen mix. Should be interesting, and I'll keep you posted.

@everyone in general:

Does anyone know if either of the following exist in the wide world of mods?
    1. Another good-aligned cleric, or
    2. A modified soundset for Anomen.

Thanks muchly! :)

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

1) No other clerics. The mod people I talked to said you already have 3 clerics and 2 druids, you don't need any more.

2) No, just his alternates of LG, LN and CN.

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    My first play of BG II was before I knew about SP. I played a female fighter. I took Anomen along. I quickly kicked Anomen out.

I am female (just in cause someone doesn't know that). I would sooner romance just about any other NPC. In fact my character just stayed celebate and was quite happy.

From posts here I understand that Anomen can develope quite nicely as a NPC. Any of the NPC's can become quite valuable if you put the time and effort into it.

16. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Yes, mod makers (and mod players too, to be fair) have very set ideas about what we do and don't need. :rolleyes:

You can influence Anomen's development (personality-wise) either way if you pick your path (which is what an RPG is supposed to be about, isn't it?). I genuinely do like Anomen. I think he has a better character concept than other (more popular) characters and I think his character concept acts as a mirror for other themes in the game: justice vs. rightness, as Minsc puts it during Anomen's quest; overcoming your dark side; walking between the light and the darkness . . .

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.