1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How many times have you played?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by spoogemonkey, Jun 12, 2003.

1. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Maybe it's just me..... but I'd have thought that the answer to the question "how many times have you played?" would be..... a number!?!

and the real question: What is the fall-off in fun as you play more?

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Experience, gameplay speaking. Knowing where everything is, what everything does and how to beat every enemy takes away any sense of adventure. After a while, it becomes less about the story and adventure and more about the skill, efficiency and gaming supremacy with which you play and beat it.

But then of course there's always creativity to liven things up - hence, the bearded ladies, remember? :D

3. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ive played the game 0.6 to 0.8 times through and I found that it has become more fun as I have played it more.
    the first 0.1 time I was not sure what to do even though I had been playing 3rd edition D&D for a while.
    Now during the 0.6th time Ive played it I am really enjoying it as I can take down more difficult enimies and things make more sense.
    I am looking forward to the 0.9th time I play it and I hope the game continues to improve the more O. times I play it

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Wow, it must be a wonderful experience for you to play BG2 if you keep the record of the fractions of times you've been playing. I look forward to hearing of your joy once you reach the full 1 time.

For me 3 times with paladins and one try with a non-paladin that I eventually dropped because of its not being a paladin :D

5. Stu Gems: 20/31

I reached hell last night!! So I'm nearly there :p

6. Thewl Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I must agree with DR about making yer own party, it makes the game much more interesting after beating it 6-7 times.
    I content myself with trying to come up with more efficient parties and combinations of classes. It gets to the point where I make a party counting on certain weapons and items for each, with the respective proficiency slots.
    Has anybody ever tried a ranger/dual/cleric? The Profiency slots are insane!! I can put max dual wield and 3 slots on war hammer and scimitar to use the crom and the defender!
    As you can see, the great interest in the game isn't the story, it's the unlimited possiblitities of choice. Try a party with a Barbarian, kensai and an Archer and see what mass destrution really is (twisted rune at level 8/9).

7. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Are you trying to say that because there are soooooo many character options that the game never loses its luster - despite the fact that you are running through mostly the same plot everytime? :confused:

8. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

39 times gone through it.
    32. game was a LAN game with 3 friends. had them click kill and follow me, i finished SoA within 39 hours (no typo no joke) playing time / 5 days LAN. i think i know all dialogues or ways to solve quests based on different chars/alignment.

9. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

LoL! Dude, are you mad! Go get a job! 39 times!
    Erm... I played like 6-7 times.

10. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

yes, the alltime demand of go-get-a-job and get lost and drowned in allday happenings, leading to loose your fantasy and the ability to wonder and ask.

let's say i am a student and don't (like to) have a major variety of hobbies.

11. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Only twice. The last time was from last night, but I absolutly LOVED that game...I finished every single quest I can possibly think of (and that's a lot, because I restarted the game no less then 100 times!). Ended up with everyone in the party pass the SoA Experience Mark and well into ToB.

Plus, I managed to kill Kangaxx in one hit with Minsc's Mace of Disruption+2!

12. Stu Gems: 20/31

[​IMG] @ Chevalier - finnished (june 23 - 9:42 PM)
    Ive started my second in multiplayer and I'm in chapter 2 now.

That means Ive finnished it 1.27 times :p :p :p

Great game. I dont think I'll ever get bored with it!!!

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

About... 15 times, my current one is the #16 -and the last one for a few years. The game just has become way too easy -insane difficulty and my party has hardly taken any damage at all (and I'm already in chapter 6).

Heh, perhaps having 5 summoners has something to do with it... (6, if Minsc with summoning items is counted) :p

14. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

About 16 times. And it is still all fun, fun, fun!

15. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

Im not sure how many, I have played it on and off since it came out. And it takes me about a week to complete it doing most of the quests so someone else can work it out :p .

Far too many thats for sure.

16. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

4 times (kensai-mage,barbarian,monk,berserker-cleric) and now i play with 2 more (sorcerer,assassin) :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.