1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing NPCs

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Deathmage, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Come on, we've all done it when we want a certain NPC from a pair (or when we just don't like somebody), we arrange a tragic accident for them. So what are some of your favourite "accidents"?

In my latest game:
    Khalid: Killed by ogrillions on the road from Beregost to Nashkell.
    Montaron: Killed by Silke. I actually reloaded a couple times to get this. Pretty stupid, I know.
    Xzar: "accidentally" walked on some traps in the Nashkell mines.

2. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I don't kill them, unless I'm evil. Last time I played I left Khalid alone in a cave, Xzar in the temple of Helm (I'm really evil :evil: ) and Montaron was killed mercifully by spiders.

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Update: Jaheira sacrificed herself by walking into the Lighting Bolt trap (not willingly) in Cloakwood mines :evil: .

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ajantis - Got killed by the bandits

Alora - Got killed by the Flaming Fist - "I will teach you to be happy"

Branwen - Killed her while she was petrified

Coran - Got killed by a wyern

Dynahier - Got killed by Edwin

Edwin - Got killed by Minsc

Eldoth Kron - Got killed by Skie's estate guards.

Faldorn - Got killed by the Iron throne leaders in Candlekeep

Garrick - Got killed by Silke

Imoen - Dead by Sarevok's hands in the Duchal Palace

Jahiera - Killed by Khalid (Sorry, just had to)

Kagain - Killed by Drizzt O'Dourden

Khalid - Had 2HP left after he and Jahiera had fought and died from a kobold in the Nashkel mines

Kivan - Got killed by an animal, a bear to be precicely

Minsc - Got killed by the beserking guard captain Brage

Montaron - Didn't kill, had him with me

Quayle - Got killed by a random lightning in the rain

Safana - Got killed by the assassins in the brothel, she died where she belonged

Shar-Teel - Got killed by Angelo in the Flaming Fist HQ

Skie - Dead by Eldoth Kron's hand

Tiax - Didn't kill, had him with me

Viconia - Didn't kill, had her with me

Xan - Dead by the hands of Mulahey

Xzar - Dead by the hands of Montaron

Yeslick - Killed by the Iron Throne leaders
    ---------------------
    Conclusion - I AM EVIL!!

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Wow, all of them are poetic justice or ironic deaths. Impressive!

6. Register Gems: 29/31

Yes but I raised Xan later because I wanted him in my party as my mage. He rocks.

7. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Someof them isn't possible, but it's funny to read :D

8. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Since my party most likely bestows of Me, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, Dynaheir and Imoen I dont have to kill anyone. But sometimes when I play solo with an evil char I just kill them all myself as I go along. Broke my heart to kill Minsc the one time I did it. I heard Boo died by alcohol poisoning in the Elfsong Tavern 3 days later :(

9. Register Gems: 29/31

@Daephon - What do you mean? I have done all these, which of them isn't possible?

10. Loerand

- Garrick offers to join you after you've killed Silke IIRC. And then she can't kill him.

- Isn't Shar-Teel Angelo's daughter, I bet he wouldn't kill her.

- How can Mulahey kill Xan, don't you get him after you've killed Mulahey(Maybe I'm wrong here)

This' just my opinions though, they may not be right, but I think tha at least the first one is right...

11. Register Gems: 29/31

Garrick never joined me, he was killed in the battle.

You can enter the Flaming Fist HQ any time when Angelo have taken over and attack him there and get 10000 extra XP. He will still be in the last battle though.

You can sneak past Mulahey easily.

12. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

What's funny here?

13. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The roads are strewn with the blood of the unsuspecting NPC's in some of your campaigns. I thought I was bad. I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board and devise new and exciting strategies for killing NPC's. Usually I ended their lives myself, whenever there were any disputes. Korgan I left alone though, I know my limitations. I'm a pretty tough bard, but not that tough. What's funny you ask? How ridiculously enjoyable it is in this game to have a well-timed death. It's one of its simple pleasures. I think I'll play again.

JS

14. Register Gems: 29/31

@JS - Korgan? Ethier you posts this in the wrong forum or you mean Kagain.

15. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You dont even have to *sneak* by Mulahey.
    Just walk in right, he´s standing to far down in the cave to see you until you walk alittle bit down.

16. Loerand

Ok, I guess I'm wrong. Dammit! :D ;)

But Velve, you should write something about your killings in the CS, calling it "The rituals" or something :D

17. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think maybe I meant Billy Corgan, my bad. Yeah, that's right, Kagain.... sorry.

18. dAS Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I love letting Edwin dual Dynaher when I return from saving her...who'm ever wins stays in my party. As for other NPC's, I usually leave them alone, except for Monteron who'm I let fight an ogre or two or three untill Xar tells me he never loved him ;)

19. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I've just got that accident that always happens to Khalid. He accidently falls on a make shift altar to Shar as Vicky's worshipping and she accidently brings the sacrificial knife down into his chest. Several times through shock.
    We helped Jaheira through her loss by pointing out he was an annoying whining idiot who was so scared of things how the hell could he be a fighter?

Other 'accidents' usually involve accidental miscasts of fireball and other assorted spells on various characters. Xzar trying to pet the wolves in the area you find him thinking they're 'cute doggies'. Branwen chasing basilisks while 'confused' in the Rock Garden area and getting stared down was fun too. Oh, and this was an accident;
    Shar-Teel getting gibbed by my character when she wanted a duel :D . I only hit her once!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.