1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Firebead Elvenhair

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Sorvo, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What's up with his lame "Protection from Evil" spell he casts on you? You can't make it to either of the two evil people in Candlekeep in time to get use of it's effects! That's why I have no remorse killing him right before I leave Candlekeep, He reappears in Berogost anyway ;) 2700XP, a nice Mage robe and enough gp to buy your reputation back :) If you can't kill him without help, there is a "Potion of Clarity" upstairs in the Inn to help you out ;)

[ June 13, 2003, 08:18: Message edited by: Sorvo ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Really, that's the thanks you give to a kindly old mage? For shame. (Btw, I get your PM now.) :D

3. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If you don't want to kill him but still want to get a better reward than a protection from evil spell, you should talk to him about 30 times and he will give you 300 gp :)

YES!! at last a new gem :D

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Cool, didn't know that. Gotta try it someday.

5. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

The donations in BG1 is kinda lame, it's all too easy to "buy" yourself a good reputation...

You hear that Sorvo!? :D

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

So if you go all ape crazy in the inn where Firebeard is, won't all the others go hostile on you and give you a good butt kicking... for goodness?

7. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

They wont attack you, but Winthorp, or whatever =), will go hostile. Doesn´t really matter, just buy what you want from him before.

8. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

So you killed him because he casted a spell on you and you didn't make use of it? That's sick. As much as it happened in virtual reality, you should think a bit about your actions... (not only because you're less likely to see these things are bad in real life when you are doing it in RPGs) Where are the simpliest ethics?

9. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    :lol: I bet your really going to be in shock, when you find out I'm playing a Paladin :p

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Really, where is he at? X/Y cordanites would be usefull, unless he's inside a structure... :rolling:

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    He's in a house of his own.

12. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Kitrax > Exit Feldepost´s Inn in Beregost and go right into the house with the blue roof*

*I´m alittle color blind but I think it´s blue.

13. Alaeila Harktree Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah, I was about to mention the thing about talkin to him 30 times and him giving you 300 gp, but Elvenblade mentioned it first. It does get kind of annoying, him saying, "So hard ta find, decent folk nowadays..." thirty times in a bloody row... :p

14. Sorvo

Media:
    Thats why you kill him and get more money, a robe and the XP's :p

15. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I kinda have to agree with the others though. Killing Firebead really is sick. Even moreso when you consider that you're playing a paladin! :rolleyes: I didn't know about the getting 300gp though... that's a convenient tip, I'll have to try that sometime not so much because I need the gold but just on the principle of the thing.

16. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hey, I tried the 300GP thing only yesterday and he does indeed gives you 300GP. He doesn't say anything special, though.

17. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    How do you kill him with a level 1 character with no allies? Isn't he a high level mage? Or do you just have to get lucky and keep hitting him as he's about to cast a spell?

18. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It's cheezy, but the easiest way I've found to kill him is just run upstairs every time he starts to cast. He'll eventually run out of spells, and isn't exactly impressive in melee. If you've got any thief in you, you can backstab him each time you come downstairs, too.

I don't think you need to be really sick or evil to take him out, though. Picture this: you're a thief (aligned chaotic good), who attempts to pick his pocket for a bit of extra (and much needed) cash. He catches you in your attempt and, rather than calling the guards, starts trying to blast you to ash. Who's evil?

19. Sorvo

Media:
    Any good thief knows there is a "Potion of Clarity" upstairs to drink too ;)

20. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I always kill him no matter what im playing as, all u have to have is any missle weapons and go get the potion of clarity upstairs. As Judas stated u can run up the stairs everytime he starts casting a spell. You level up once with everyone and u can go up 2 times with theives and bards (i think).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.