1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

nice NPC

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Cancerman, Nov 6, 2000.

1. Cancerman Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Hi to all you impressive figters and mages etc.

I guess some of you know how difficult it is to choose which NPCs to have in your party.
    Personally I canĀ“t deside if I should have the stalker Avalon(?) in my party. He seems quite cool and deadly. Should I give up Keldorn (nice leader due to his charisma (18)) or maybe Anomen (he has some OK healing spells...)

please give me your view on your favorite party/NPCs

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I would say never miss out on Viconia. She's the BEST cleric in the game and due to her high dexterity, she's a decent fighter. Give her the crom faeyer, the heaviest armor and you have one amazing party member. Ediwn's awesome too but you can have two mini mages in the form of Imoen and/or Nalia, Aerie or Jan. Imoen's good. Korgan is the ULTIMATE fighter, but pretty boring. Minsc's an excellent fighter but his lines rule.Valygar is just sooo cool with the celestial fury and his awesome family sword. I found Nalia and Aerie pretty worthless. Yoshimio's snares are deadly enough to bring down vampires and dragons. Jaheira is a good fighter and her elementals are always welcome.Cernd is quite cool, in a way. And his wolf form is awesome but i can never seem to fit him in my party. Keldorn is great if you're not a Paladin as he can use the Holy Sword +5 but Anomen is worthlessness incarnate.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I just acquired Viconia in my party...And I agree, she is pretty awesome! Although my main character is a Paladin...She's just more fun/interesting than Jaheira is.

Who do you think is better if you had to choose? Jaheira or Viconia? I like Jaheira's spells now that she's more powerful...She was a pain in BG. But the insect swarm is an effective spell against mages! Needless to say, I am not sure who to keep, and i don't have room for both.

4. Grumblebelly Gems: 2/31

If your main character is not a paladin, keep Keldorn. His spell abilities are fantastic and ends up being truly amazing with a particular sword...

My ending party was:

Me - Human Fighter Level 7 dualed to Mage level 17
    Keldorn
    Valgar
    Jahiera
    Imoen
    Minsc

I had Aeire in my party for a while, but her incessant whining sent her back to the circus.

5. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Viconia is by far a better choice IF you are looking for/need the entire depth of Cleric spells available in the game. She also can advance in levels far more than Jaheria due to being 'single' classed. She can reach lvl 21. Upon higher levels she can 'control' Skeleton Warriors, Vampires etc with her 'Turn Undead' ability. ALSO she has 65% NATIVE magic resistance -another major 'plus'. Her 18 Wisdom ability is by far her most desirable ability. She gets bonus spells due to it, a boatload of them. Jaheria's wisdom is... 14?
    She doesn't even qualify for 6th or 7th level Druid/Cleric spells.
    If Viconia has a weakness it's her Strength. You have to be selective when equipping her because a 10STR sure doesn't allow for much. But she can attain -7 to -9AC from what I've found.

[This message has been edited by Draco Vlasavius (edited November 06, 2000).]

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Good to know...I find her much more interesting than Jaheira anyway. Plus it's fun to have a little evil in the party...Being a paladin and all...

7. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If i were a paladin i would slice off her head.

8. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Can't do it...She's a hottie!

9. burntime Gems: 2/31

Viconia also gets a special ability when she hits high level (17th? cant remember) - lightning bolts!
    i much prefer single class to multi class characters, and she eats Paladins for breakfast!

10. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Victoria is the perfect mix between fighter and cleric, give her that hill giant str belt and she can take just as much as she can dish. prefect for an evil party anyway..

11. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Down with goody 2 shoes Paladins!
    My Kensai mage dual wielding the Equaliser and Celestial Fury would make short work of any Carsomyr wielding wimp.
    Dispel a finger of death, Paladin!

12. Atraikius Gems: 2/31

You can boost Viconias fighting abilities early on by buying her The maulers Arm (?) from Bernard at the Copper Coronet, it gives the wielder a 18 strength, equip her with some potions of fortitude to use in the nastier fights and she can fight better than Anomen.

What do mean by Korgans boring?, with the right group hes funny as hell. You have a hard ass, crusty dwarf that would as soon kill you as look at you, yet he has a soft spot for children, (as long as you don't give them money). If you have both him and Jahiera, the two argue like crazy, eventually giving you the opertunity to break in to thier arguement to stop thier fighting before it gets out of hand, at which point they both act like miss behaved children and explane that they were just arguing for the fun of arguing (like a brother and sister which is how they seem to act afterwards). And if you have Jan in your party, Korgan is ready to open a couple of cases of woop ass on Jan's ex's husband at the end of the quest, and tells Jan that he will help Jan if Jan finds out the kid is hurt again, threatning to leave the party if you don't help too. Speaking of which, does anyone know if there is a second part of Jans quest where you get to take out the abusive twit?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.