1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SOME SPOILERs Party combinations falling apart late in game? and tip

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Krall, Oct 8, 2000.

1. Krall Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I am currently in chapter 6, restocking before I take revenge on bodhi. I have had some interesting things happen. First off, Amonen failed his knighthood quest way back when. I have Keldorn in my party, and he likes to give advice on to Amonen on how he could be a better person. Well, Amonen, being pissed off he failed the knighthood thing, every once in a while gets fed up with this advice and starts attacking Keldorn. I have always intervened and killed amonen before he can knock off Keldorn(who does not fight back). Then, Keldorn will not rejoin my party after this. I can ask him, and he agrees, but his protrait will not show up. Any comments/suggestions? So far, whenever this duel to the death begins, I just reload cause amonen, keldorn, minsc, and me(cavalier) are mighty evil buttkickers with imoen and jahiera backing us up. This brings me to my 2nd question...I exchanged Imoen for Nalia in the spell hold back when I rescued Imoen. Nalia's only "waiting place" option was to not go anywhere and wait right there. Is she lost forever at the spellhold seeing as how I can't get back to those islands now? Should I have told Imoen to make it back by herslef if I wanted to not lose a character forever at the spellhold? I've already checked the Copper coronet for nalia, should I try her keep? And one last question, is there anyway to prevent jaheira from renouncing her harper status? Or does this lead to something(the relationship)?

My tip for anyone later in the game...When attacking those ultra fast magic firing beholders later in the game, have your pc wear the cloak of mirrors gotten from the sahuagin city. Then slowly send your pc around the beholders while your group waits safely in a corner somewhere. The cloak will reflect all beholders magic(except for some elder orb higher level spells) back to their source! Killing beholders only requires you to stand around and look mean! AND I think the silver blade and hilt is worth defending from the githyanki. It makes a 2H sword 1D10+3 with a 15% chance each hit that the target must save vs. death (-4 penalty) or die.

2. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

There's no way to prevent Jaheira from renouncing her Harper status. This actually gets you into a romance, if you have a male PC.

Nalia is lost forever, I think. You can try this cheat: CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Nalia"). I'm not sure what will happen, but it SHOULD bring Nalia back.

3. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

You must make a choice between Anomen and Keldorn.

4. Malekith Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I know what it is to fail Anomens quest and although he is a good npc, I say dump him cause he's nothing but trouble! (found this out myself!) there is as good as always somebody in the party that talks to him about failing to be a knight and he always gets furious and attacks the other one ... so dump him i say!

5. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The only to get Anomen and Keldorn to not fight is to cheat using the Happy Party Hack. If you wnated to be able to have Nalia with you later in the game it would have been better to take Yoshimo with you to spell hold, as he will betray you anyway. This open up a slot for Imoen. Anyone left in Spellhold is lost, except for Imoen who will leave, not sure where she goes.

6. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Imoen goes to the Copper Corenet if you don't take her with you..

7. corval Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

do you really need to take 6 characters to spellhold, anyway? one good tank, a high level mage and a cleric should be able to do the trick. plus, you will pick up imoen to help out with the spellcasting. be sure to bring her some good scrolls to scribe.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.