1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who would win in a fight?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Bassilus, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Bassilus Banned

Belt v.s. Sarevok?

I know Sarevok is a badass mother who won't take no crap off of nobody, but Belt is level 19, right? And he can take a *lot* of damage, as demonstrated in the assassination attempt. He also can chunk people quickly, if I'm not mistaken...

Hmm... Elminster and Scar both have their HP locked at one, correct?

Hmmm... How about Sarevok v.s. Drizzt? Heheheh...

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 30 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Who would win in a fight? (30 votes.)

Sarevok v.s. Belt (Choose 1)
    * Belt would slay Sarevok in seconds - 10% (3)
    * Belt would recieve much damage, but eventually bring Sarevok down - 20% (6)
    * They'd both escape unscathed - 7% (2)
    * Sarevok would get badly injured before he killed Belt - 53% (16)
    * Sarevok would down him in one round - 10% (3)

Sarevok v.s. Drizzt (Choose 1)
    * Drizzt would slice him dead in two hits, like everyone else - 33% (10)
    * Drizzt would take lots of heat, but win - 37% (11)
    * They'd rip eachother apart - 17% (5)
    * Sarevok would very nearly die, but finally kill Drizzt - 3% (1)
    * How many times must you test the awesome badass? That foolish drow's blood would water every clover from Beregost to Nashkel! - 10% (3)

2. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I once tried Sarevok vs Drizzt by summoning in Drizzt by using the CLUAConsole. Guess who won? Oh yes, Drizzt was slaughtered :evil: :D

3. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, in the game yes. But seriously Drizzt would kick his ass!!!

4. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

I´m sure Drizzt would wupp Sarevoks you-know-what big time. Sarevok has always been easy to kill, Drizzt can still put up a good fight even after all these years.

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Refresh my memory here but, who is Belt?

6. Ameorn Gems: 9/31

Ehh... you know that Drizzt is still young in Elven standards? So the sentence doesn't really apply here... :p

7. piratebbbb Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Lol, if Drizzt and Sarevok were fighting in real life, Sarevok would get his face kicked in. In the game, they made Drizzt different than he is in the R.A. Salvatore books. In the game he should be able to slaughter Sarevok.... Not sure about Belt though.

8. Bassilus Banned

Actually:

In "real life" Sarevok is a Bhaalspawn. They get infinitely powerful. He would rip Drizzt up badly, and force him to retreat.

Which Sarevok did you summon? The one with some 500 HP, 200 HP, or 800 HP? Yes, there are three versions. Sarevok would be hasted at the end battle, so it depends.

9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You know, I'll preface this with the statement that I really hate Drizzt -- maybe that will color my judgement, but as a high level fighter, Sarevok will certainly be able to do some serious damage to Drizzt, a high level ranger -- base THAC0 will be similar, and Sarevok would have better weapons mastery and a MUCH higher HP value.

Now, Drizzt can saw his way through low level cretins like nobody's business, and he is innovative, I'll give him that. However, his main enemy is Artemis Entreri, an Assassin. Now, there are lots of different rules out there for assassins -- I'm familiar with the Rogue classification used in 1ED, the universal kit used in 2ed, and the Thief kit used in BG2. Toe to toe battle is not necessarily the forte of these kits, though. If Entreri gives Drizzt trouble, then IMHO, Sarevok would use his Two handed sword (abilities unknown -- the version you get at Chateau Irenicus is missing powers) and carve Drizzt to ribbons.

10. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Ameorn > I meant after all these years playing. I´m alot better on BG now than what I was first time I played it 5 years ago.

LKD > I assume you have fought Drizzt. One on One me vs Drizzt I get pretty damaged since he hits almost every hit and also have about 4 attacks if I remeber correctly. One on One against Sarevok is actually alot more simple with the same character. Sure I get damaged, but alot less. Ranger or not, he have been made alot better than they made Sarevok.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] WHo the hell is Belt?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

12. Ameorn Gems: 9/31

Jsu tbecause Sarevok is a Bhaalspawn doesn't mean he would beat Drizzt. Bhaalspawn aren't the most powerful creatures on Fearun... And Drizzt would be hard pressed, but would eventually kill Sarevok :cool:

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Sir Belisarius, Isomehow doubt we shall be enlightened concerning belt ... maybe they mean it literally?

14. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

IIRC, Belt is the cleric who finds Sarevok for you after the assassination atttempt. Then he sends you to kill Sarevok.

My low level characters had a HECK of a time against Sarevok -- the jerk is tough for me. I've had Minsc get hopped up on all sorts of potions and spells and try to go mano ii mano with Sarevok -- no luck at all. I've also rarely tried to kill Drizzt before , so no clue there for me. But based on the books, what I've seen of Drizzt's BG2 stats, and Sarevok's stats, I'd still go for Sarevok. All other things being equal, a fighter SHOULD be able to defeat a ranger in a straight fight.

15. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Yeah, you´re right. Head on a fighter should win.
    But if the ranger are 10 levels higher than the fighter? Not saying that he is.
    But honestly, attack Drizzt next time you meet him and you´ll see what I´m talking about.

16. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, a Belt could NEVER defeat Sarevok...

unless wielded by my Dad when I was 6 years old and dropped the F-bomb in front of my grandparents. Ouch! :eek:

:p

17. piratebbbb Gems: 1/31

Ummm, How fast does Sarevok swing? In real life, if he swings as fast as a normal warrior, Drizzt would easily parry or dodge the swing, get a hit, parry and etc. He should be able to beat him in real life, even if Sarevok is a Bhaalspawn

18. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

We are assuming equal skill (level?) in combat -- not that Sarevok would be an easy pushover for Drizzt -- don't get me wrong, I don't think Drizzt would be a pushover either, but assuming equal levels, Sarevok would come out ahead after a long fight. He's strong, skilled, loaded with HP, and like I said, his original sword had lots of goodies, just like Drizzt's scimitars.

19. Alaeila Harktree Gems: 1/31

In 'real life' Drizzt would have a lot more cunning, you know, he'd find a way to mess with Sarevok's head, same way he does with Entreri.

'Course, I haven't actually played against Sarevok in the game...got close, but then the compy totally crashed and I lost everything. So I'm working my way back up....but Drizzt sure did kick my behind! :D

20. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

As I understand from Salvatore's books, Drizzt is not a pure ranger. He was quite much a prodigious fighter during his time in Menzoberranzan. And even more so in the 10 years he spent living solo in the underdark. He became a ranger only at the age of 40-50 or something, by Montolio.

The "Hunter", that the books speak of from time to time, is not just a pretty word. He really is becoming his fighter self, a perfect weapon. Meaning, a very high-level extremely skilled fighter. There's not an ounce of ranger in that. While that might not seem to fit the original D&D rules, the characters in many of the books rarely do. Even Elminster was no normal human to begin with, and switched "classes" between fighter, thief and mage alike even before 3:rd Edition was out (though this Elminster's case can be interpreted differently).

According to the books of Salvatore, Drizzt is no common ranger, or a common fighter even. According to the books, no matter how little you might like them, he's a unique individual in being one of the strongest mortal non-magic-using warriors in all of Faerun. And the books are where he was created, so they must be treated as authentic information. As a demigod, certainly Sarevok would be able to defeat Drizzt. But as a mortal human (compare the so great and powerful bhaalspawn powers you get, and make your own deduction of how much of the bhaalspawn actually is god) which Sarevok certainly is despite his prowess, he would probably fall before Drizzt easily enough.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.