1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problems saving and resting

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Bobbo, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Bobbo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok, can someone please help? I just got the quest to get the dead little boys teddy bear from the dwarf theif, but, for some reason, since I took this quest, I cannot quick save or rest, even at inns, anyone know whats going on?

[ December 08, 2003, 14:15: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

just try finidhing the quest then try to rest
    if that doesnt work then make sure there is no NPCs trying to do an action
    just reload the closest save-game

3. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Maybe Wellyn thinks YOU are the thief and comes to haunt your dreams. Just return him his beloved Mr. Littleman.

4. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I had this problem too - not with this quest, but with BG not realising that a fight had ended.
    I found the only way I could get things back on track was to leave the area (i.e. go to a new map area). BG would then do an auto-save because I left the area. I restored my gave from the auto-save and everything was fine.

5. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm not sure but sometimes it happens for the game don't recognize that the batlle OR the dialog mode have ended. In these cases what I used to do is to press the buttom of "stoping action" (that one near the dialog buttom when you have selected more than one character) and then trying to quick-save or rest. It always worked with me. I hope you can solve this. Good luck!

6. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You probably are running the game under Windows XP.The same thing happened to me. Try finishing the quest without resting.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.