1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Adalon dead. Now what?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Mystra's Chosen, Oct 21, 2004.

1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

As a leather, it's quite good, for a thief or fighter-thief it's probably the very best. AC 3, +4 to saves, 20% MR... There's only one light armor that might be a bit better - the shadow dragon scales - and although it wins on AC, its specials are not nearly as good, as there isn't so much acid damage around. The human flesh is I guess repulsive even for evil chars, but the strengths it has are undeniable.

2. Falk Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If you have an evil char, the flesh armour sure is worth getting - even tho it may not always be the best. Fun thing to have either way.

3. Gibb Gems: 1/31

You killed Adalon?

Don't do THAT! Don't kill ADALON!

4. Soulbringer Gems: 1/31

Why not, its one of the few dragons who actually could be a threat...

(Flesh armor aint great, only the quest to get it is)...

5. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

How could Adalon be a threat? She's a lawful good dragon, true, but that doesn't explain what she is a threat to. If she wanted to kill anything she considered evil, she would take out Ust Natha and anyone in your party that was remotely evil.

And I agree with everyone else, the flesh armor isn't that great -- even for the most vile of evil characters.

6. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think he meant threat as in challenging. She is a good bit harder than any other dragon in SoA, in my opinion. Unless you play with Super Firkraag.

7. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Just how much stronger is he/it with the "super" on?

8. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

Heheh. Download it and see for yourself...

Seriously, it's not the hardest fight if you weigh in things like Tactics, but it's pretty darn hard. Good kind of hard...you know, like that good kind of hurt people are always telling me about.

9. Soulbringer Gems: 1/31

Shes hard (Adalon), with out any improvements...
    But like any other good fight like Firkraag they had to make a mod that makes it harder...

10. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Adalon is one tough fight. Gave me the most number of reloads.
    Firkaag was a walkover in comparision. Keldron almost singlehandedly took him down.

There is an exit from the Underdark on the main map itself. Its unmarked, somewhere middle of left edge of screen. It takes you to the KoaToa lair and the exit is a bit to left. You can use it even if you dont complete all the quests.

IIRC that exit is unmarked in the game originally, not due to any mod.

11. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

Yes, that exit is unmarked. It's also shrouded in total shadow, so even with a high contrast and brightness, you can't really see it. You have to know that it's there, or accidentally run over it with your mouse. And as many people have said, it is the same exit that Adalon takes you to (it sounded like Shrikant was "adding" another exit).

However, I believe there are only two ways to unlock the door that the drow are guarding. One is to have Adalon do it for you, and the other is to kill the matron mother. I'm in Spellhold right now, so I'll test that in another day or so.

12. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

There's a scroll which Adalon carries. I'm assuming that unlocks the wards on the door to the surface.

At any rate, Adalon wasn't hard for me at all. I think I was lvl 15 or so when I fought her. I put some traps down, summoned a Msword and had Valen drain away a few levels. I think I needed 2 reloads.

13. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I just took valen through the underdark so i had to give it a go- Adalon isnt so tough. One reload was all it took- just learning to keep imoen out of the way and use all my buffs and items. Arrows of biting are also handy.
    I ditched valen though, after she forced me to fight drizzt. Bad move, girl.

14. Soulbringer Gems: 1/31

@However, I believe there are only two ways to unlock the door that the drow are guarding. One is to have Adalon do it for you, and the other is to kill the matron mother. I'm in Spellhold right now, so I'll test that in another day or so.

I talked my way around the guards after beign made to drow by Adalon...

15. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

Interesting. I never tried that before. They opened the door for you?

16. Deathbringer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I just took Adalon down in 2 tries and Firkrag down on my first try. I surrounded them and everyone shot arrows of biting and Keldorn shot bolts of biting. Firkrag was badly hurt before he went hostile, but then the poison pretty much kicked in and finished him. For some reason this tactic didn't work on the Shadow Dragon. After 3 tries and practically no damnage, I just switched to melee weapons and killed him. Mazzy and Imoen bit the farm though. I always kill adalon. Why? Cause she exists! What other reason is there?

17. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I've never tried that either.

BTW, what happens if you give Phaere the real dragon eggs? Does the demon go on a surfacer killing spree? If so, how do you get into Suldenesselar?

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

IIRC if you give Phaere the real eggs and DON'T interrupt the casting, she summons a mofo of a demon who exposes you and then attacks you along with Phaere and her mom. I'm not too sure but I think the demon was pretty tough and didn't give much xp. Then I think Adalon goes hostile and you have to kill her before you get to the surface. As I said, I'm not too sure because it's been a while and I never actually played through after doing this :D

19. Deathbringer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes the Lesser Demon Lord attacks you if you give the real eggs to the matron mother or Phaere. If you keep the real eggs and you give them to the Demon he will just go away.
    Yes the Lesser Demon Lord requires +5 weapons to kill. I found him quite easy with my archer. I used the "cloak of the stars" to make +5 darts, rested and then made 5 more. Then went into the ritual and took him down with 8 darts. You can use Minute meteors I think. Maybe any kind of magic I don't know cause I usually don't use magic. "Carsomyre" would work too and I think the "Staff of the Magi". I'm thinking the improved mace would work too.
    BTW. I always kill this creature. The harder it is to kill something, the more I want to kill it. Maybe I'm an obsessive compulsive who knows?
    Actually, he is very easy to kill if you can hit him. It's not like he can use imprisionment or wing buffet or anything. The only thing remotely hard is the fact that he will completely ignore summons and go right for the PC.

20. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

The easiest way to kill the demon is with bolt of glory. Two should do it. With a c/m you can put three in a trigger, and it's over in a second.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.