1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jahiera

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by IronEagle, Jan 23, 2001.

1. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I havnt posted here for a while, because i quit playing bg 2 for a while, but now i wanna get the best preformance outa my party, specifically jahiera. What does everyone use her for, give her a scimitar? a staff? im going with the 2 attackers 4 mages/druid again because its more fun. if i can get a better preformance outa jahiera by using a better weapon than i wanna know.

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I like scimitars for Jaheira. Try Belm, a scimitar +2 that can be found in the druid area. 1 extra attack per round.
    Or take Shazzelim, a scimitar +1 that gives you silent spellcasting (I forgot where to find that).
    There is Rashads claw, also quite nice just like Drizzt´s Frostbrand. However the first two are my favourite scimitars.
    For Druids there are also some nice staffs like Arundel´s staff for example. And there are some acceptable spears, slings and clubs as well.
    It´s your choice what you want Jaheira to be like.

3. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I used her with a quarterstaff of +3 or +4, don't remember which. She could stand in back, cast whatever spells were necessary, and then move up as a second line fighter behind Minsc and my wizard slayer.

4. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It seems everyone does it different. I use those clubs you get from Trademeet (+2,+3) because I want at least one person equipped with a shield as well. Works for me.

5. Ragusa

Media:
    I also like Jaheira to be `robust´ so I give her a good armor and equip her with a good shield for I use her as backup-fighter and healer.

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I have a party member paterned after Jahiera(basically same stats). I like to have her using a scmitar and shield. If I had found the waters edge, I'd use it for sure. I believe it's +3. I also have her with a +4 shield of the lost I believe. Give her the Red Dragon armor, cloak +2, dusty rose ion stone, and gauntlets of ogre power. Equip her with whatever rings and girdles you like(I like rings of fire and air control and girdle of fortitude at this point), and she will definately hold her own as a back up fighter. She's good enough to stand on the front line, but not by herself in my opinion. If you use a staff, you loose a lot of needed AC from the shiled, so I never use one unless I need a blunt weapon for clay golems. FOr missle, the sling of seeking or fire tooth dagger works well. For her spells, I use healing and protection spells a lot for lower levels. I like insect plague and iron skin for level 5 and doloreus decay and fire elemental for level 6. Hope that can work for you.

7. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Jaheira used to cower in the back of my party, petting kittens and smelling flowers and other Druidy things, but now she is at the front (I'm in Chapt3), drawing major blood with the Girdle of Hill Giant Strength, -7ac, Shield of Harmony, and the +2 Club "Gnasher" (which does 3-8dm +2dm/rd for four rounds for 8-16, coupled with her +7 Strength adjustment and double attacks with the club, makes her a tough old broad). And since Strength damage bonuses apply to slings, she is twice as deadly as my best archer. She kicks goblin ass! Gonna hate to see her go.

8. Cuckoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I did my best to anger Jaheira so she would leave. I abandoned her in Spellhold, actually. I wanted to keep Korgan, Minsc, Edwin, and Viconia, and pick up Imoen. Bye-bye, complaints about balance!!! Bwahahaha!!!

Of course, if I were not playing as a Chaotic Evil character, I would give her a good scimitar or staff and use her primarily as a defensive magic user.

9. Maveroick Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hmm, It's all about the staff of Arundel, baby...yea yea...

I dunno, whatever you want..I only took the staff for the extra spell slots...

Problem is that if she switches to another weapon, she forgets them, which was mentioned in another post..but if you just have her using that weapon..it's fine...

Good weapon too..

Mav

10. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

Ok where is the damn waters edge beside the editor... i have beaten each quests, bother evil and good, but never have i found a waters edge anywhere but the editor, and i will not put it in just to make jahiera hit for 5 more damage.

11. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

*Spoiler*

Water's Edge is in the Underdark. More precisely in House Jae'llat (or somesuch) in Ust'Nasha. It's in a cabinet IIRC. You'll need to do the lich tower quest to obtain the wardstone for the house.

12. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

damn already left the city... well guess i gotta go back and kill everyone in the city to get it. (not that, thats very hard, the drow are pretty weak)

13. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i find Jay to be a great character in the later stages of the game... kool Druidic Spells and a good fighting ability!

The problem with Jay is weaponry... there are not enough good scimitars in the game for her to use these all the time, so you have to go with the Staff of Rynn. I think she is pretty good with a quaterstaff anywayz... and she has a good dexterity so she can get a pretty good AC even with Plate. :D

14. nidogueihtam Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have tried many things with Jaheira thinking that semitars are the best. I now know that spears +2 or any are good. She seems to be faster ans misses less. I suggest you try it

15. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I like to give Jaheira the Impaler spear, myself. +10 piercing damage, as well as roughly 7-23 damage for the initial blow. Jaheira holds her own.

16. Mage_0 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I found giving her the staff mace, is quite a good choice , she is proficient in a staff and the mace does better damage for the beginning of the game that is. One other boinus is thats its a one-handed weapon so can be used with a shield

17. Ragusa

Media:
    Yes it´s much better than a club. I use it as an interim till I get nice scimitars for her.

18. I had to boot an 11th level Jah. from my party last night because she became stuck in a loop of screaming about us hurrying up. Only the second "bug" I've encountered so far (first was the hidden loot at the lost temple that can only be found by a ranger, but they had my group looking for it everywhere.).

I put her in timeout at Harper's Base for a day, and when I took her back, she was very peaceful.

Now she is helping me clean out the lower crypts.

Comment and Question: Fire Elementals are great to help kill undead! When they finally unsummon, what should I summon next to help finish off vampires quickly? Carrion Crawler and Air Elemental is what I have slotted. That, with my half-orc fighter priest with a -7ac, with lots of protective spells, and the rest of my party just sits back and does crosswords.

Arie-What's a five letter word that means extraterrestrial rodent?
    Minsc-Boo!
    Arie-That's only three letters.
    Minsc-Booooo then!
    Arie-That's six.
    Minsc-My little witch cannot even count. We will help her, eh Boo?

bgp

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.