1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aerie

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ominix2, Oct 16, 2000.

1. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Can you tell me when Aerie talks (flirts), like if its dark, if its tired? Plz tell me specifics, I have only had 2 cases where she talks. Thanks

Om

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Aerie is very unstable. I flirted with a wench in the Docks District and she got all huffy and puffy at me. "How can you degrade a woman like that, I can't believe that you would do such a thing!" when I offered my Half-Orc to the woman for a night.

Aerie is all "Oh, the forests here are not as beautiful as where I lived" one minute then "*sighs*" and just walks off.

Who the heck is "Chaketta Fastpaws" anyhow?!

Syl...

3. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] She hasn't told you about him? That's the animal companion (racoon) of the gnomish god Baervan Wildwanderer, whom she worships (thanks to Quayle).

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Maybe she has, but I don't remember it. I was most likely looking at Nalia and what Aerie said went in one ear and out the other ;)

Syl...

5. Thaumas Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] :)

Aerie just can't stop talking. And her theme music is getting on my nerves... I'm on my way somewhere, or I've just spotted an enemy and she starts babbling on about her past or "Uncle Quayle" or whether I think she's pretty without her wings... I have to be nice to her too :). Jaheira also talks a lot, but she's more bearable. Jaheira and Aerie have in fact had some arguments with each other.

[This message has been edited by Thaumas (edited October 16, 2000).]

6. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Aerie stopped talking real quick when that tan'nari in the Planar Sphere quest disintegrated her. I took a moment to enjoy the silence before I finished it off.

7. The Wretched Gems: 6/31

[​IMG]
    DailyRich...

**ROFL!!!!**

8. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31

Argh! C,mon, I need specifics on how to flirt! please! All she talked about was a sunset and how tired she was. Could it be she dislikes dwarves? Or can the game even tell?

Om

9. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

When I was playing a dwarf, I had zero clue what these guys were talking about but now that I'm playing a human sorcerer... they're getting a little friendlier. So I'm pretty sure the game takes race into account.. just a personal opinion tho :)

10. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Elves openly dislike Dwarves, although they do respect them because of the stand both Dwarves and Elves hand in ages past against Orcs and Goblins. I don't think your dwarf has a chance in hell with an elf ;)

LOL! There goes all 3 ladies in the game (Winged Elf, Dark Elf, Half-Elf)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Syl...

11. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Mazzy, Halfling female fighter

12. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Mazzy can have a relationship with your main character? Didn't know that.

Syl...

13. Ciller Gems: 2/31

Lately Aerie and Jaheria have been having a few "spats" and it finally came to a climax where I had to either say to Aerie you are great, or Aerie you are great but I dont like you like that, on Jaherias incistance. Now, I think I have lost all chance with the cute Aerie yet my bond with Jaheria is growing ever stronger... perhaps she will forget about her husband soon.
    As an alternative question... if you play a female character, do any of the men come on to you???

Ciller

14. Anra Gems: 2/31

Just wondering, I found a scroll of Limited Wish and haven't tried to get any Mage to cast it, don't even know how it's handled, but with genius/mind focasing potions could a mage use it to restore Aerie's wings?

15. Thaumas Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Ah, how sad. I had to say no to Aerie as well :). She wouldn't rest with the party afterwards. Getting closer with Jaheira, methinks.

16. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31

Bah, Jaheria's an ugly hag. She's annoyin too. Anyway, thanks for replies, but you aren't seeing my dilemma! When/where did Aerie flirt with you? I know location, time, and weather plays a part, so can anyone tell me where they were and what time (evening, morning, night, day) it was? I don't have Jaheria or Viconia, and I like Aerie more anyways. Oh yeah, female charactors can date Anomen. And you can't date Mazzy. BTW, Aerie HAS flirted with me (dwarf), but she won't do it much so I need specifics. Thanks!

Om

17. Jadel Valerion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My poor poor dwarf... I always knew you guys weren't much for romance... They ladies flirt with you over time... no matter time of day, place, or anyother crap... just at different times through out game... same with Jaheira, I personally wen't for Aerie... But Jaheira ain't bad either, definetly aint an ugly old hag... To bad ya can't get Khalid or Aerie's wings back... And there is nop potion that will make you say things perfectly when talking to a genie... this needs 25 Intell and 25 Wis... trust me... I tried getting him to summon a horde with 18 Intell and 15 Wisdom and I got about 20 rabbits who ran through door and crap... Cute little buggers tho... Who I really want is Viconia... but she hasn't said a word... had her for awhile... Well... see ya... gotta go Divine my great grandsons location... (D&D Character...)

18. Thaumas Gems: 6/31

Jaheira ugly? Maybe her BG 1 picture, but not in this game. That is, as far as pixels go, anyway. And you find Aerie less annoying than Jaheira??? I only wish I had your problem, then maybe I would've got to finishing some quests.

Are you evil, have you attacked her, either verbally or physically? Is your reputation lowish? If so, then there's going to less chance of her liking you, isn't there...?

Anyway, the dialogue string with the ultimatum from Jaheira came as we were about to rest, and there are often some dialogue after resting or changing maps. Sorry, I can't be more specific.

19. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31

Ok, I'm Chaotic Good, reputation 20, said all the nice answers so far, and she still won't talk! By the way, it does matter where/when, she talked about a sunset to me when it was setting, and she whined about resting when it was dark. Both were in Windspear Hills.

20. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Hate to whine, but PLEEEEEASE?

Om

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.