1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why won't they pay me my gold?!?!?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by VirtualityZA, Jan 15, 2001.

1. VirtualityZA Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I went through the violent process of freeing D'Arnise's Hold (sorry, cant remember the exact spelling) from the Trolls and the rest of the bad guys. My Journal was then updated saying that all I had to do was go inform the people at the pallisades of the success and I would get my reward. Anyway, the Lady D'Arnise then informs me that my reward was the looting of her castle, but I gather from the walk thru guide that I should get 10 000 gps. I did not use Nalia in my party and I didnt kill that Iron Golem. What am I missing here?

Oh, and how can I kill that large Iron Golem? I have hit that thing with everything I have got, but to no avail. I think he has the 3rd flail and I need it to make the Flail of Ages. Any tips?

2. VirtualityZA Gems: 1/31

Nevermind about the Iron Golem; I used the search engine and got the answer.

My first question stands though. :)

3. cirrostratus Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Try to talk to the nobleman who is standing at the gate you lowered to get your 10000. About that golem, use this level 3 spell Melf`s minute meteors and cast them on him when he is stuck in the doorway. He will take 2 points damage after each meteor. The spell creates 13 of them each time. Another option is to use the throwing axe called Azuredge that returns to you. You can buy it in Adventurers Mart I think.

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

LOL, I'll do this for Amon-Ra: COWARD! CHEATER! POWERGAMER!
    no offense intended.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, I believe it is Nalia who gives you the money. I know she gave it to me...
    Could be a problem if you have her in your party at that time though. :D

6. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Actually, I had the opposite problem. When I have Nalia (three times so far) I get the money. The one time i didn't have her in my party I just got about 250gp instead of 10250gp.

7. cirrostratus Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] This should not be difficult. Try get Nalia back in your party for a while, go into the castle, kill a few trolls, talk to everybody and leave the area. Besides it`s not so smart to leave the person a quest is related to. I had similar problems in BG1

8. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Damn. I see I've arrived too late...
    hehe...

Amon-Ra

9. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Going back to those golems I found that the best way to beat them is to use the ring of charm earth elemental that you find on the lion on the first floor. Charm the iron golem in the middle and then just use him to kill the other 4 golem. Then if he's still alive he should be around "near death" and therefore an easy target. Or if he died early the other golems left sould be fairly simple to beat.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Cerryl, thats really cool. I think I try that when I play it the next time.

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I never got the gold either. I believe all I recieved was the Keep and about 250GP. I didn't have Nalia in my party either, but I don't know if that is the reason or just a coincidence. I've always looked at it as a bug presonally. I never found an answer to the problem. Incidently, do not dismiss Nalia in the middle of the guest or you can never finish it. She will go off to the copper cornet, and she won't offer you the keep or any gold.

12. Lo Guest

I also had Nalia, and she was the one that gave me gold... But I think talking to her in the palisade before venturing into the Hold should be enough for her to give u your reward on completion of the quest. Another nice thing in that palisade is the unlimited amount of fire arrows one can get by talking to the captain Cernick(?)

13. VirtualityZA Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanks for the input people, it was very useful.

I went back to the CC and asked Nalia to join my party after finnishing the quest. I then travelled back to de'Arnise's hold and upon entering she bemoaned the death of her Dad and handed over 10 000 gold. I didnt get offerred the Keep though, which is pretty irritating. From now on, I'll include the relevant NPC in each quest and maybe then I'll get my just reward. Mind you, I felt positively terrible asking Yoshimo to go to make place for Nalia. Similarly, including Mazzy (damn she is short and ugly; but what a nice voice :)) at the expense of Jahiera in the Temple Ruins was an emotional affair. I reckon as sonn as I have finnished this quest, I'm going after her to get her back.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.