1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Planescape Equip patch

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ominix2, Oct 11, 2000.

1. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Does anyone know where I can get the patch to spawn the merchant with planescape stuff? I want Vhailor's Helm (Free Simulacrum once a day!) Thanks

Om

"My last master always said I was sharp and edgy. Hehehe. He was such an ASS."

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

They released a patch for BG2 in regards to Tornment items? Hyped. Haven't found it yet and it's not on the official page so I guess it's not a patch or not official.

Syl...

3. Armin Gems: 2/31

Rumor says that you can find some easter eggs in the collector's edition, however I've still got to hear hard confirmation from someone. Are there actually additional features on the durn CDs or is the CE just the usual boxed goodies?

4. Bhaal Gems: 2/31

Collectors eddition have 1 extra vendor with items. If you preordered the game from Electronic Boutique you get another CD with another vendor. So if you preordered the collectord eddition you get 2 extra vendors not in the basic release. One vendor is in the copper coronet and other in the weapons emporium shop. Also if you have the hint book (dont remember the publisher but its the one in a magazine format) they list what items are on the extra vendors.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] One of the bonus discs (I think the Collector's one) has those Torment inspired items.

6. Arulis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So I don't suppose anyone could upload this planescape bonus cd thing somewhere? *dreams of planescape eq*

7. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Purcahse the Collectors Edition or Pre-Order ;)

There was a post on this board with a url link to download the zip files of both CDs some while ago.

Syl...

8. Arulis Gems: 1/31

Well...if I had a credit card, didn't live 3000 kilometres away from the U.S., I would have, unfortunately, the situation is as such, and thus I can only drool at them items :(

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Yeah, just searched for the link and it was killed due to "complaints".

Syl...

10. Arulis Gems: 1/31

Ouch...I don't suppose you could pass me a copy of that could you? *puppy dog eyes*

11. Having purchased the collectors edition on pre-order from Gamestop, I am the proud owner of both discs. So here's the scoop:

The pre-order cd has only weapons. Most seem to be Icewind Dale related. Here's a list: (these are all +2 or better)
    Staff of Arundel (+3) 1 extra lvls 5 & 6 spell
    Kachiko's Wakizashi (+3) drains 2 WIS per hit
    Scarlet Brotherhood Ninja-to +3 gives monk 1 extra attack per round, poisons victim
    Sling of Everard +5 sling, creates it's own +1 bullets!
    Jared's Mace +2, +5 vs demonic/fell creatures
    Everard's Morning Star +2, 50% chance of draining most powerful spell
    Spear of Kuldahar +3, +8 to max hp
    Defender of Easthaven +2 flail, +1 AC +20 resistance to slash, pierce, blunt damage
    Joril's Dagger +3 2 hand sword, +1 cold damage, +25% chance of confusion
    Axe of Hrothgar +3 battle axe, +1 CHA and WIS

Now here's the Collector's Edition stuff:
    Dakkon's Zerth Blade +2 to hit & damage, +1 AC, 1 extra spell for lvls 1 - 4
    Raven's Harp of Pandemonium pushes enemies away & confuses them
    Vhailor's Helm +1 to AC, cast Simulacrum once per day
    Plate of Balduran +2 full plate mail, +4 hp, +1 CHA
    Shield of Balduran +3 med shield, reflects beholder rays
    Sword of Balduran +2 long sword, +10 lore, +10 magic resist
    Harmonium Halberd +3, +1 STR, -1 WIS and INT
    Mercykiller ring +20 to set snare, move silently, & hide in shadows
    Sensate amulet +5 hp, +2 CHA, permanent prot from evil (while equipped)
    Robe of Vecna Lowers casting time by 4, sets AC to 5, +10 magic resistance

12. Having purchased the collectors edition on pre-order from Gamestop, I am the proud owner of both discs. So here's the scoop:

The pre-order cd has only weapons. Most seem to be Icewind Dale related. Here's a list: (these are all +2 or better)
    Staff of Arundel (+3) 1 extra lvls 5 & 6 spell
    Kachiko's Wakizashi (+3) drains 2 WIS per hit
    Scarlet Brotherhood Ninja-to +3 gives monk 1 extra attack per round, poisons victim :eek:
    Sling of Everard +5 sling, creates it's own +1 bullets! :cool:
    Jared's Mace +2, +5 vs demonic/fell creatures
    Everard's Morning Star +2, 50% chance of draining most powerful spell
    Spear of Kuldahar +3, +8 to max hp
    Defender of Easthaven +2 flail, +1 AC +20 resistance to slash, pierce, blunt damage
    Joril's Dagger +3 2 hand sword, +1 cold damage, +25% chance of confusion
    Axe of Hrothgar +3 battle axe, +1 CHA and WIS

Now here's the Collector's Edition stuff:
    Dakkon's Zerth Blade +2 to hit & damage, +1 AC, 1 extra spell for lvls 1 - 4
    Raven's Harp of Pandemonium pushes enemies away & confuses them
    Vhailor's Helm +1 to AC, cast Simulacrum once per day :cool:
    Plate of Balduran +2 full plate mail, +4 hp, +1 CHA :cool:
    Shield of Balduran +3 med shield, reflects beholder rays :eek:
    Sword of Balduran +2 long sword, +10 lore, +10 magic resist
    Harmonium Halberd +3, +1 STR, -1 WIS and INT :(
    Mercykiller ring +20 to set snare, move silently, & hide in shadows
    Sensate amulet +5 hp, +2 CHA, permanent prot from evil (while equipped)
    Robe of Vecna Lowers casting time by 4, sets AC to 5, +10 magic resistance

13. sorry about the double post. I stopped it after I hit the reply to add some icons denoting the absolute coolness of some weapons :cool:

One other thing: you can't have both discs installed at the same time. In fact, you might have to install one, go in and buy the cool stuff, then uninstall the ENTIRE GAME (except your saves of course), re-install the game, then install the other disc.
    That's the only way I could get the stuff from both discs.

But other than being a bit of a pain, everything was fine with my saved games when I tried this. Of course I did back up my save file first.

[This message has been edited by Lord Balduran (edited October 12, 2000).]

14. Arulis Gems: 1/31

Noo...you tempt me with what is beyond my reach! Die infidel! *babbles*

15. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

If you really want the items but don't have the cd you need, the Shadow keeper editor has 'em all ;)

16. nicksull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Rumor has it Vailor's Helm doesn't work (the Simulacrum 1/day).

Y'know, I pre-ordered the standard game so I could get the all extras... only to discover that the Collector's Bonus CD and the Pre-order Bonus CD were tow different things... not what EB told me when I ordered (I specifically asked).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.