1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Poll: Solo or Party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Loerand, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Do you solo through the game or do you play with an entire party?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 44 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Poll: Solo or Party (44 votes.)

Do you solo through the game ,or do you play with an entire party? (Choose 1)
    * Solo - 9% (4)
    * Party - 68% (30)
    * Varies - 23% (10)

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Party. Why? Becouse of the NPCs of course. I finished it once alone but YEK. It was so boring. No more turnip pie. No more iblith. No more axe-humour. And of course, no more great romancing. It was so quiet. And boring. So; LETS PARTY!

3. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've played both ways, but found playing solo boring after a while. The interaction between the NPC's are a great part of the fun of the game.

4. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I almost never play with a full party. Sometimes I solo, but usually I play with 1-3 NPC's with me. More NPC's than that, and it gets too complicated to take care of everything for everyone.

5. Shadow Steele

Shadow Steele Still hiding in the shadows all night

I soloed a monk just to try it but it does get boring.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Thought of playing as a solo, but then I remembered that this could be a good time to try that patched Imoen romance... Well, that is just two, so it could still be called as 'soloing.' Of course, then I remembered that I havenĀ“t tried Valen or Silver Star mods, and because they both are evil, now would be a good time to try them too... So, doh; a party of four.

[ February 21, 2003, 16:49: Message edited by: Virne ]

7. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I always play with a 5 NPC party,i just love character interactions and romance.

8. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm with Frostmage. I don't like how the experience splits, so I usually go with a party of three or less. Occassionally I solo.

9. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] I always play with a full party!!! I pretend I'm really playing RPG, so it becomes more real. I tried once to play a solo with a Berseker...but it became extremely lonely...then I started to make the others to join me...hihihihihih. Pretty better. :p

10. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

No question it has to be party
    The interactions between NPCs and other people in the game make me laugh. The game wouldn't be the same with out them. I cant imagine a world without minsc and BOO :D

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    WHAT?! This game can be fun without Minsc and boo?!

[ February 24, 2003, 23:59: Message edited by: Dungeon_Master ]

12. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

No, it surely can not!!
    "Run for the eyes, Boo. Run for the eyes!"
    "Innnnnncc (note: Boo noise..hahahahahahahaha)"
    Boo is incredibly funny!

[ February 25, 2003, 06:22: Message edited by: The Silver Bear ]

13. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

First it's go for the eyes
    Khelben takes smartass position
    Second the game is sure funny without Minsc and Boo, there's Jan Jansen,Edwin,Mazzy....
    And playing with a party doesn't mean a 1 protagonist 5 npc party.I've just started a 6 character party all created by me.

14. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

It was a VERY long time since i last played with more than one character.

I've been thinking about playing with NPCs again sometime, just to read all those wonderful dialouges again.

15. Kowalski Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I would want even more npcs, mostly for the beauty of teamwork... I need like three tanks, cause they deal all that beautiful damage, and at least 3-4 archers and ranged fighters, since they keep the damage loss constant, and then a healer (or two), and two offensive mages and two defensive (spelling?). And then i would probably need a bard too... I would go for a ten person party anytime, i mean it really hurts to sell kick ass items just because noone used that kind of weapon... the more the merrier!

16. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

It varies. At times it's refreshing and challenging to take a solo character through, and at times it's good to hear minsc roaring battlecries :)

Though if you take lilarcor along with a solo, you've got nearly all the NPC conversation you need ;)

17. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I'd say a party for one reason. Game's too easy with a solo XP cap removed.

18. The Archmage Neon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Minsc and Boo are Minsc and Boo, and it'll be that way forever. I have soloed through, and I liked it because it gave me all the glory and all the XP. I also like being alone at times to face my destiny and bear my burden alone.

19. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

This game just wasn't designed for soloists. Sure you can do it, you can get high levels, keep all the good stuff, etc.

But the BG series is designed for Role Playing. Character interactions, clashes, romances, humor.

If you want to play a character that gets better and better at killing things... by themselves, pick a different game. BG is the best around for Role Playing.

20. Rothan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I think Soloing is very big part of Infinity Engine gaming nowadays. Thats what I love in BG series and HoW. You have change to play solo and it is challenging, if you don't use cheesy tactics.

After couple party runs, Im soloing with fighter dualled to mage at level 12. 12/9 so I have couple of levels before I get fighter stats to use. (five stats in staff)

If game gets easy Im planning to install Ascension mod. I hope that IF Bg3 comes out, there still is reasonable change to solo.

So, both partying and soloing is fun.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.