1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to kill Kangaxx?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by rouher, Oct 6, 2000.

1. rouher Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] subj

this guy turned into demilich and begin to cast imprisonment

any one kill him ?

2. Woo-Fu Gems: 1/31

I've not fought a demilich, but I handle the regular liches by having my ranger with 2 undead specific longswords and keldorn with the +5 anti-magic 2hander chop them to bits before they have time to cast anything ( one has boots of speed, the other I haste with a spell ). You might try that approach.

3. nicksull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've killed two but this guy takes out my main character and boom, game over. I kill him, then he has a second incarnation and just as he hits "near death" I die. I assume he's just getting lucky. (how many spells can he have!!??) I even used a Nishruu to drain him a bit... they're immune to magic and yet he killed it somehow.

4. rouher Gems: 1/31

I am alreadedy dealed with him

the main problem is his imprisonment, demilich howl and another deadly speels

key to win for me is protection from magic ~700 in most temples on one hero near demilich

Kangaxx has immunity to < +5 weapon, so fireball's will be accepted :) 3 making him R.I.P.

bonus is 55000 exp and very cool ring, that doesn't have penalty with ring of protection or armor +x

Ring of Gaax

Armor Class: +2 Bonus
    Saving Throws: +2 Bonus
    Magic Resistance: +10% Bonus
    Special Abilities: Immunity to Disease and Poison
    Equipped Abilities: Wearer regenerates 1 hit point every 3 seconds
    Special Use: Invisibility, once per day, Improved Haste, three time per day

5. Kidd Gems: 1/31

Against any magic user, a quick battle seems to work for me:

I killed the first half of Kangrxx with traps, then when the second half appeared, i hit it with a ring of ram, which distrubed its first imprisonment, then it ran away at a high speed, but my Keldorn (with the Boots of Speed+Improved Haste) is even quicker, chased it down and hacked it three times with the Holy sword. Thats about it.

[Holy cow Kidd, you are one amazing trash digger! The last time a post was made here was around the time I joined SP! :) BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited June 01, 2001).]

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

use the forums search function, this topic has been up so much that you probably wouldn't believe it.

7. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

8. cotman68 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

do you mean Kangaxx, the subject of about 1000 posts in this forum already? if so, then you kill him with :

1. protect from magic scroll

2. beat him with a +4 weapon

if you mean Kargazz, the very frightning and hidden devil hamster (the arch enemy of Boo), then you must abandon all hope. He cannot be defeated (even though legend says his fur can be used to make a thimble that gives 100% magic resistance and produces 10 +5 hamster pellets per day)

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Just for fun I'll spend my 15 minutes of fame finding all the ways Kangaxx name has been spelled in this Forum

Kangazz-Rouher 01 june
    kangrxx-Kidd 01 june
    Kargaxx-Darkmoon 27 oct
    Kangass- Grovflab(I'll leave the date hidden)
    Kangaax- Vile December 01
    Kargaxx- Neapolis Dec. 01

And Probably more. As I said 15 minutes of Fame :D

The Best has to be the Grovflab-version

EDITED HERE:
    To You guys who are complaining about this beeing Written about earlier:
    Its inpolite to get mad and not posting a link. Either You should post links or not complain. Or don't read the Post at all.
    :p heck! I'll just add another one :p

Poor Guys. Don't feel afraid to debate any other toppics already discussed.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited June 01, 2001).]

10. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

spell immunity solves all problems

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Give your mage Haste, Spell Immunity, Staff of Rhymn and Tenser's Transformation and kill the bastard!

Oh and btw, use the SP search engine, you find a thousand topics about this

12. jester1137 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

hehe I know theres a million topics about this, but it's just such a fun subject.

Never underestimate first level spells. My main and anomen killed the lich in the gate district with two spells each, sanctuary and sunray.

Sanctuary ROCKS. invisibilty purge doesn't touch it. I'm thinkin cleric thief.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.