1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with a Paladin's Stronghold quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kesohnler, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Kesohnler Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi there, im new to this community and i need some help here. There's a quest from the paladin's stronghold about guarding a girl till her godparent arrives. What am i supposed to do after i kill the 1st wave of assassins? How long must i wait for the godparent to arrive? How come it seems that i've waited for ages (more than 24 hours game time inside the house itself) and nothing happens? Is this a bug? Or is it cos i killed the cat? HELP!!! :confused:

2. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

ummm, you go upstairs and talk to the girl, if she tells you to go back down and check for other assasins, go down and she should also come back down.

3. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

One suggestion, this is a potentially tricky quest. I'd recommend making sure you save your game throughout the quest in case you need to go back later. No spoilers yet, if you find yourself stumped ask again -- fun quest.

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Possible Spoiler: Detect Evil comes in handy.

5. knightlight Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Actually I encountered this problem as well. I found that if I killed ALL the assassins before they got to the stairs, the next event in the quest would not trigger no matter what I did. Tyrianna never came down to inform me of her godparent's arrival regardless of whether or not I went up and spoke to her. If, however, I let one assassin through (the guy in black with the shortsword who goes straight for the stairs) I could kill the others, go upstairs, gang up on the last assassin, talk to Tyrianna, and go downstairs and the quest would continue as intended. This may be a bug...

6. Solidude Gems: 1/31

I believe that this bug is fixed over at baldurdashs...

I have been able to kill all the assassins before they go upstairs and then Tyrianna comes downstairs to investigate...

So I suggest looking over there for the fixpacks

7. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

OK, why don't I remember this quest???
    It doesn't even ring a bell.
    Where do I go to trigger it? Government dist?? Temple dist??

8. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Ameorn, did you do the paladin stronghold quests? If not, then go to the Radient Heart place in the government district.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Ameorn, you have to have your main char be a paladin to get this quest.

10. Kesohnler Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Oh i just restarted the whole paladin's side quest and managed to get thru it. This time i killed all the assassins before any could get upstairs and i never went upstairs once at all. When everybody's dead, the lass just came down automatically. I think it's a bug, since the last time i had to go upstairs to kill 2 assassins who managed to escape up and the whole thing just screwed up! No way i can get the quest to progress as long as any assassin escape upstairs. By the way, i mostly kill the red dragon in the Windspear Hills quest quite early, usually the 1st time when i got there. Anybody knows if as a paladin, there is any side quest that will ask u to kill tat wyrm and u'll miss out on rewards if u kill it prematurely?

11. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

IIRC, the experience remains the same. The end result remains the same: (1) you get Carsomyr; (2) you get the Paladin stronghold; and (3) you rid the world of a vile, evil dragon.

12. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Aha, thx everyone... i'm never a paladin when i play so that's probably why i couldn't remember that quest :o

13. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Spelladonna, I'm not so sure about that. I haven't played BG2 in a while, so I might be wrong, but I believe Firkragg to be the third and final quest for the Paladin stronghold. Yes, you get Carsomyr, the red dragon scale, and all the XP for slaying the wyrm either way, but if you get the stronghold quest, the dude and Knights of the Shining Somethingorother also gives you some armour and a shield (kinda pointless since you just got a 2-handed sword, but whatever). Whether or not you get additional XP for completing the quest, I cannot recall. I would imagine you do.

14. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yes, Firkragg is the final quest for the paladin stronghold but I don't think you have to wait until the paladins ask you to kill him in order to get the shield and armor. May have to run another paladin to see if there is any difference... :hmm:

15. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

actually, the fikkrag is the fourth quest, there is that monster raid, the baron, the girl and then the dragon.

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31

I don't remember if there are any item rewards for killing Firkraag as part of the stronghold quest (I'm thinking there's not), you do get 50k experience from them in addition to what you get from killing Firkraag. Is it worth it to wait? Oh yes.

17. Farthy Gems: 10/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Upon finishing the Firkraag quest, I still had an uncompleted Paladin quest in my journal talking about how the farmers wanted peace. I dealt with Moreno and the other farmers in the Umar Hills by killing the baron guy but this quest was still not resolved. Does anyone know why? This was so annoying because I had done every single quest in the game except that one. :mad:

18. Kesohnler Gems: 1/31

Farthy, for me is when i spoke with all the sqautters one by one, then when i went in the inn, i just chose all the options till the baron and his lackeys attacked me, after which i went outside to talk to the squatters once again and then went immediately back to the paladins. Now as for my prob, so does it mean that if i killed Firkraag before given the quest, i will never be able to get to that quest? Anybody knows?

19. Farthy Gems: 10/31

Veteran

That should not be a problem. The game usually does not have problems like that. For example, in the drow city when you are commanded to kill the Kuo-Toa prince or beholder or mind flayer brain, I did those before the quest was given. The game had no problem.

As for Firkraag I'm not sure, but there shouldn't be anything wrong.

I must have done something wrong with those farmers then. Did anyone check their journal afterwards after doing that quest?

20. TrueShadow Gems: 1/31

No, if you killed Firkraag before you got the quest they will not bring it up. However, you will be a member of the order I think.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.