1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trouble finding Adalon; seems I'm not alone!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Psiclops, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Psiclops Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hello helpy helpertons .)

For strange and unknownable reasons I delayed my purchase of SOA until 3 weeks ago. Crazy I know, but who isn't ,)

I have been playing and enjoying it since, whenever I can find the time. I've played through BG1 years ago, and after looking through other Adalon related posts it would seem I'm of the 'explore every cranny' mould. I can correctly answer the riddles without assistance, which I hope means I'm not seriously stupid either.

Somewhat suprisingly then, I have become stuck in the first Underdark map, to the point that I've resorted to walkthroughs and maps (which haven't helped me out). I even toyed with the idea of teleporting via a console, but decided I would call for aid from more learned persons such as your good selves before 'sort-of-cheating'. "Help! (Please!)"

I'm wondering if somethings actually gone wrong in my Underdark location, because I'm sure I've examined every part of the area, and the only exit I can find leads into the Illithid lair (Eastern tunnel). My map screen also shows a Southern tunnel, but I cannot exit to the South.

From the reading I've done, it seems Adalon is in the NE corner of this location, and part of this area is still blacked out for me. I've walked around this part, and can turn the cursor into a 'descend stairs' icon, but can't get in there. I can't find any bridge to the drow city that previous posts mentioned .(

I have found the Sverfneblin's son and killed Balor, gained the light gem, killed the Drow priestesses, freed the 'Iron-sphere prisoners', killed Vithal (Just doing my job maam - I'm an Inquisitor) but can still only exit to the East.

If anyone can help me find Adalon, I would be a happier version of me, and very thankful to you. Cheers... I hope someone can help!

2. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm, as I understand it, Adalon is in the upper corner. You go past the Mind Flayer and Beholder lairs, and then, you'll see two forks. The right one will be to the Drow city, which is where you don't want to go right now, and the left should take you straight to Adalon.

3. Modhi Gems: 1/31

Since you have the light gem you should be able to descend those stairs you mentioned. They lead to Adalon's lair.

4. Psiclops Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Ahh, we are all heroes; DarkGoddess and Modhi and I... Holy Avengers and Paladins everywhere: REJOICE!

For some reason I thought I'd get into the lair before getting through the Illithids, and had made a mistake. I shall press on with renewed vigour... Thanks several million ,)

(Off-topic - sometimes Jaheira is whining on about balance, and I feel the evil rising within me... I become the Slayer! And Slay 'er! Would it be against the spirit of the game to modify her sound files so that she sounded happy with my 20 reputation? Does this amount to an alignment change? Cause IRL, Lawful Good or not, I'd still have to tell her to shut up!)

5. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

You get the gem that allows your entrance to Adalon's from a completely different place. There's a Swirfneblin village in the NW section of the map, there once you talk to the village chief you'll be given a task to complete for the gem. Then you can enter Adalon's lair.

...Which by the way is nowhere near the Illithid or Beholder lair. If you're going to the lairs, you'd have to cross a wooden bridge in the SE section of the map and come to a small clearing which would offer entrance to southern and eastern tunnels (or western and eastern, the directions to enter to are south and east in any case). BUT, if you were going to Adalon's, you'd have to pursue the NE direction from the center of the underdark map, without ever even going near the lairs, let alone "pass" them as was suggested here.

*... S ........................................... D .*
    *.. / ....................................... A .. | .*
    *. | ......................................... \_ /...*
    *. | ................................... _____/ ....*
    *.. \____________ X _______/ ..............*
    *............................. \_ ....................*
    *................................ \___ooo_ ........*
    *............................................. \___ .*
    *................................................... !!*-> East Tunnels.
    South Tunnels. <----------------------'

Where:
    . = Just something to fill the blanks in order to get the map look right.
    * = Edge of map.
    X = Starting point.
    _\ etc = Road to walk.
    ooo = Wooden Bridge to SE section of map.
    S = Swirfneblin Village.
    A = Adalon's Lair.
    D = Drow City.
    !! = Illithid / Beholder Lair location.

Well that's nice. The form of the text keeps changing all the time. Hope it holds now.

[ August 21, 2003, 08:24: Message edited by: Foradasthar ]

6. Psiclops Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Legend! That's the best map I've seen of this area... thanks for spending the time. I had completely missed the NE branch off the centre for some reason, and renounce my nook and cranny finding status. Can't thank you enough... and Sorcerer's Place for such pro BBS.

7. Modhi Gems: 1/31

Whoa cool map Foradasthar! I think you're right about the bug. I remember stumbling into the other lairs before I got into the drow city or Adalon's lair.

@ Psiclops

I think Weimer's Ease of Use has a component which gets rid of alignment complaints.

Here's the link.

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well you both probably saw some unfinished, distorted version of that ever-changing text. But I see the point of what-to-do got across. :)

So no problem, you're welcome.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.