1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

stat re-allocation?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Enagonios, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] i messed up in my char creation :/ i got pretty good stats without cheating:
    str:18
    dex:18
    con:18
    int:18
    wis:3
    char:12
    but i just started the game and realized that id rather put some points from charisma into wisdom. assuming i've just installed the clua console option, is there a way to do this?

2. frosttemplar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi,

I provide a graphical savegame editor that allow you to edit only the attributes if you check the good options...
    This tool is still not available through this site. You can download it here http://frostportal.chez.tiscali.fr/IESE.html

To edit only the attributes:
    - First select Baldur's Game 2 game and set his path
    - Go through menu to Options.Settings
    - Display the tab "Pages" and click "All/None"
    - All pages are unchecked then check Attributes
    - Click OK
    - Open your savegame
    - Edit and Save or Save As (recommended)

[ July 19, 2004, 04:33: Message edited by: frosttemplar ]

3. Emmanuel Julius Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

you could also use ShadowKeeper and alter the stats from there...

4. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

If you have the console just use CreateItem("book08") and create like 14 books of Wisdom or however high of wisdom you want. Put them in your qucik item slots and there you go.

They are books that you find in BG1, there is one for every attribute.

It's totally nothing but a massive cheat. I'd personally go and re-create my character.

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

oh kewl. thanx frosttemplar. nah, its a damn fine line but ive got some kinda mixed up scruples haha, i wouldn't consider draining some charisma points into wisdom cheating bec i had them to start with and i've just been freed by imoen anyways, but i wouldn't wanna max out stats by creating books haha

Frosttemplar: aw crud, i downloaded the file but it says it wont start bec MFC70.dll cant be found. I'm kinda clueless so this means..?

6. frosttemplar Gems: 1/31

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Not exactly a very good idea to make an editor that requires the 24MB .NET framework download when the Keepers are just a few hundred kb downloads...

8. frosttemplar Gems: 1/31

You need to download this only if you don't use windows xp (perhaps service pack 1 is needed but I don't checked).
    Furthermore there is maybe on Microsoft website a smaller download, the link I provide give supports to .NET technology that I don't use but contains the mfc70.dll ... need to search deeply this

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Still SK wins by 10-0. I use Win2k and it's sure as hell that I won't be downloading anything from MS just to edit one, little value in a game. :nono:

@ Enagonios

Isn't the problem solved already? SK them up to 18 -I cannot believe you got those values without cheating. ;)

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    It's only 87 total - that's a doable roll.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yea, just decided to use sk to do it haha. yea, neither can i hehe, and only after a few minutes. i was trying to roll an 18/00 but when i got this roll i figured why look a gift horse in the mouth right? id better stay with it and just grab a strength enchancer somewhere haha. trying to play a kensage. this is a first for me cuz i dont usually play a mage. i usually sitck to the physical kits, fighters,rangers and the like.

12. frosttemplar Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] OK you are right the .NET Framework is hard to download with a 56k modem and you aren't obliged to install it at all.

I compiled the tool with VC6 as SK and it's now compatible with all windows as SK.

You can download it here:
    http://frostportal.chez.tiscali.fr/IESE.html

Don't forget to take the VC6 build if you use another windows than the XP

13. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Alittle off topic, but a nice trick if you use the books.
    Instead of creating 14 books just write like this:

("book08",14)
    That gives you a book with 14 "charges" ;)

14. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The books don't work though do they? I'm sure I've tried this before and in BG2 the books are unusable.

15. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If the Tomes don't work, use the "potion-swapping" trick and they'll work alright...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.