1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Paladin quest (a different bug)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Satiana Fearbringer, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] This time the girl that I am suppose to give to the uncle turns evil. I tried to charm her back, but nothing worked. I did a detect evil on the uncle and he came up clean. I can't get the girl downstairs because she is now evil and won't talk to me. So I don't know how I am suppose to complete this quest. If I kill her I loose 10 reputation points. Is there anything I can do?

2. Snowlock Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

try the spell friendship i can't remember ever using it but it might help.

3. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

I also tried the ring of human influence so I am not sure if a friendship spell would work either. I don't think this is suppose to happen. I think it is a bad glich and for once I wish I could actually cheat myself out of it, because I didn't get myself into it. It just happened.

4. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] I am not really sure I can get out of this one. I can't restart either. What I think happened is that on of the people I was trying to keep from killing her hit her and she turned evil.

[This message has been edited by Satiana Fearbringer (edited January 04, 2001).]

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Hopefully you have a save before this happened...Because that didn't happen to me. I was disgustingly nice to that little brat, and a little leerly when her uncle came to fetch her.

In the end, I let her go with him. When I reported back to the Radiant Heart, they said they were ambushed after they left my care, but escaped unharmed.

It all depends on the dialogue you choose I think. If you're short with the girl, I think a false uncle shows up, and you lose the quest. I didn't have her turn evil though...

6. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

My big problem is that I saved right before I went upstairs and found she had turned evil. She even attacks me if I get near her. I can't go back any farther than where I am. I can even leave the building go to the inn and sleep, go back to the building and everything is still the same. I don't know what is up?

7. Rasalgethi Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Did you try 'Domination' on the girl ?

8. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

Oh yes, I tried domination and charm. However, I have to talk to her in order to get her downstairs. I can't force her down, she won't go. I also can't talk to someone who has been charmed or dominated because they don't have the free will to speak on their own, they are under my power.

9. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Oh boy, that truly sucks. You can try to dispel magic right after the charm. Don't know if it'll work but it did on Glacias.

10. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Yes, well I tried that too. I even went and rested twice at the inn, came back and the situation was still the same. I am to the point where I think that I have tried everything but a friendship spell, because I don't have one. I have tried remove fear, dispel magic, protection from evil, charm with my ring of human influence, and domination. A combination of all. I even tried healing her. I was desperate.

I tried killing the uncle, that brought me discrace, I tried killing her and that really brought me discrace. The only thing I think I can do is walk out and forget the quest all together. I am told that I don't deal with the radiant heart after I get out of chapter 2. I just won't get my home either, which is one of the things I thought was really cool about BG2 over the other games.

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    You don't have any other saves to go back to? If not, I think you are truly stuck.

About the paladin stronghold...There is nothing great about it at all...I've even tried to rest there, and I'm always told to go to an inn! The best thing about finishing the quest are the goodies you receive! But I won't spoil it...

~Bel

12. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Thanks Sir Belisarius.

I think that when I reloaded my computer to add my new processor I made a back up. It would mean that I would have to go back through 3 or 4 quests that I have already completed, but that is the only save that I have.

I will have to choose that, or to continue on without having completed the quest.

13. Cuckoo Gems: 3/31

Is this a situation that ShadowKeeper might be able to help out? Anyone know how to fix things like this using that method?

14. Rasalgethi Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hmmm... 2 ideas :

I remember when I dominated Glacius, he was surrounded by a blue circle for few milliseconds, it was during this period that I was able to talk to him, before he became green.

With, SK, maybe you can find a GLOBAL variable about the young girl, but I don't know exactly, maybe it could be better to use the Infinity Engine program to find the right GLOBAL... if you try that solution Satiana, it could be nice to post your results here.

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    :D (I'm Busted) heh heh I tried that because I blew the quest the first time around, and I couldn't figure out how or why. The only thing about the Global Variants is that I didn't know what the numbers indicated. Plus there are like 6 variables that you'd have to change. There are 2 or 3 for the girl and another 3 for her uncle.

Sorry, I can't be more specific, because my pc at home is out of action for the moment.

In the end, I just reloaded the game and I was especially nice to her.

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited January 05, 2001).]

16. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Ha! Oh rest assured Rasalgethi, if I find the cure to my little fiasco, I will be sure to let everyone know! I will be so ecstactic I won't be able to help myself!

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I´m not sure about this: When I romanced Viconia I had the problem, that she was running away in a difficult fight after I slept with her some time.

However, I tried to avoid that whith inserting the value of an older savegame. That helped out for a while.
    Possibly you can restart the quest when you simply setting all the girl´s/ uncle´s variables to zero. I am sure that value 3 means inactive/ completed.

DON´T TRY THAT WITOUT A BACKUP FOR I DON´T GUARANTEE FOR EVERYTHING (sorry, want to be sure).

18. Snowlock Gems: 3/31

sorry i really meant the spell friendship not domination or charm.after they wear off the person is angry again so they do not help but as far as i remember friendship can cure hard feelings ;)(of course i may be totally wrong,sorry stupid problem).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.