1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Technical Help with Installing BG2

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by AvenLord15, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvenLord15 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] ok um when i installed bg2 i was installing when i realized i only had the 1 disc and had to find the other 1s so i canceled dload
    well like a week later i found them so i went to install again and ass soo as i tried to install it was finished i thought this was really weird but it worked and i had no problem with that but then i started to notice little problems like there was no real icon to open game just an icon that said baldur and every time i opened the game said it was my first time and i had to configure
    since i like making my own items and stuff with ieep i went to look in override folder and found that i didnt even have 1!
    I found this very very weird but if it wasnt doin n e thing bad for me i had no problems. But now the problems start all of the sudded some error came up every time i tried to start up bg2 so i went to reinstall but i didnt find n e uninstall buttons or n e thing in folder n e where i tried goin to add/remove programs and when i try and remove it it says preparing uninstall sheild and then it says do you wish to remove all components of this product and i press ok so then it says uninstalling but even when its done program is still there same happenes when i try to reinst

so i deleted every thing that had to do with baulders gate but its still on my computer i really wana play but i cant reinstall plz n e 1 help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! avenlord :confused:

[ July 30, 2003, 21:30: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Read the forum rules.

I can't help you anyway, because I can't understand what it is you're saying...

For example, I know what "If you are any" means, and I hate having to figure out IF U R N E means...

Oh, it also probably helps if you don't private message people AND post the same question...

3. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

While first of all, it would have been much more useful to yourself if you had used proper English (moderators will not be happy with the way you write, you should work on it). And now about the problem: You should not have just deleted everything, now the only way( I think) to make your computer realize that the game is not still on the computer, would be to go into the windows registry, and try to erase it there. You could try to go into the control panel, and go to add/remove programs, try to find BG, and then click remove. Or you could just reinstall your operating system...but some of those things will be next to impossible if you are not computer literate.

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

1: Improve your grammar.

2: Reformat your harddrive.

5. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

/me smacks Avenlord with a 20lb English textbook, then runs off to find some painkillers for his headache...

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Before doing something rash like reformating your hard drive or reinstalling windows you may want to at least try to edit the registry. It is not as hard as you might think. If I remember correctly all you have to do is

(1) Run regedit
    (2) open the hkey_local_machine, then software tabs
    (3) locate the entry for the game in question
    (4) right click on the game's folder and select delete
    (5) exit regedit
    (5) Reinstall the game

7. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] You can bring your computer to me and i will see what can I do... I will send my address in private message if you wish, my friend...

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    My advice is that you should consider writing your posts in English.

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I would recommend a format C:

Actually I can recommend a registercleaner, but somebody like you, needs something more easier to spell.

format C:

10. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

My final advice (if you cannot use format c:, bring your PC to me or accomplish any of the suggestions above): Use Hammer! A real one!
    Or if you give me your address, I can send you one (I have a really large one)

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Stick to helpful advice please everyone.

AvenLord15 - There are some useful suggestions above, but please read the forum rules like you were asked to when you registered; it clearly states what is acceptable and what is not in a post.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] A school example of everything that should NOT happen in a post, right before me. This will be a treat.

AvenLord15, http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/rules.htm lists the forum rules which you agreed to follow upon registration. Another rule you break off that list will result in a ban. For your convenience, I will dissect everything you did wrong in this post, and that is against our rules:

1. Topic title was in all caps. (BTA edited it as I was writing this post.)

2. Topic title contained "|33t" spelling.

3. Thread itself contains "|33t" spelling.

4. You write run-on sentences without any punctuation.

5. Your post contains excessive punctuation at the end.

6. Your post contains a signature.

As for everyone else who replied with rule lawyering (I didn't get a single PM about this, as per forum rules), go read the forum rules immediately, especially this part:

I consider rule instructions in public spamming, because no matter what you write, I or BTA will have to reply with a detailed explanation, or close a post, so you simply raised your post count by 1 with no other effect. If you want to be helpful, send a PM about it to me or BTA, and unless you have something on-topic to contribute to a thread, DO NOT POST!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.