1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Humorous way to kill demi-lich Kangaxx

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by fuoco, Aug 7, 2001.

1. fuoco Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] After 6 reloads and totally approximately 2 hrs of gameplay, I nailed the demi-lich. Was absolutely ecstatic the whole of last night.

I have to agree with most of the previous posters on the board about kangaxx being tough if not nearly impossible. IMO, I had a harder time than most other gamers because Keldorn left me party for good and thus no one to wield the +5 paladin 2hander. Also, I didn't read the posts on this board carefully enough b4 i took on the guy so did not subsequently buy protection from magic scrolls. U must be shaking your heads in horror now .. But in anycase, as you might probably guess, the only remaining possible way to kill the bugger was by using ranged attacks.

Here's the tactic i used, I agree it's a lame one but there's a humorous touch to it :

My party consisted of kensai/mage(10/17), jaheira (14), Mazzy(12), Minsc (12), Anomen(6/12), Imoen(7,14). very low level NPCs cos i rested my main party members and wanted to try out Anomen's and Mazzy's side quest.

I got Mazzy (Gesen short bow +4, gotta love her with this weapon) and jaheira (sling +5 fr bonus merchants) to attack kang continually while other people summon beasties. But there was a timing problem everytime: When I summoned monsters to replace the ones that are about to be imprisoned/howled @ by kang, the game refuses to conjure the new monsters simply because there are already 5 on screen probably all awaiting eminent death from kang's howl. So there are moments, turns if you will, that there are no sacrificial beastie on screen. Very bad problem.

So solution: I casted limited wish far enough from kangaxx to preventing him to do his howl but close enough for my jaheira and mazzy to rain stones and arrows on him. And I chose the option for rabbits.

Picture this, my party behind 30(?) rabbits, their population diminishing by one each turn thanks to kangaxx's irritatingly unfair imprisonment spells and j & m walloping him. There were rodent bodies littered all over the crypt after that glorious batttle... (actually 2 cute ones survived long enough to be unsummoned later) Thank goodness kangaxx was not smart enough to imprison any of my party members!

2. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

That is by far the most original way I have ever heard of to defeat Kangaxx! I am completely awstruck.

3. Malekith Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Haha just too damn funny a bunnyvictorie! You probably made some bunnyhops afther that cause of the exitment! Oh can picture the scene afther u defeated K ... A hero's funeral for 28 rodens, their cros descripting R.I.P and decorated with a medallion for braverie ... a last hail these brave animals ... For all the animal lovers in the house 1 minute silence please ...

Maybe not that original but I might take that as plan B when facing him! tnx for the info!

4. bongo tjockskalle Gems: 3/31

Man !
    Was that mean to dear ole kangaxx!

What to say, next time I have to let jan bombard him with turnips.
    bongo

5. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

when i read that i fell out of my chair laughing (five minutes later) i wrote this that has to be the funniest way kangaxx has been killed

6. fuoco Gems: 3/31

yeah i'm quite proud of this battle !
    i'm glad it made you laugh so hard. :)
    any other funny stories about killing him; i bet there are a zillion ways to kill that bad boy.

7. Thorr Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hurrey... It's cool. After so many ages in that crypt, I suppose Kangaxx was ... aa ... mentally disturbed, not to say insane. I made him run in panic, but this is the funniest way to get him.

8. Hayashi Gems: 3/31

Did you get a screenshot? Did you get a screenshot? That *must* deserve to be posted in a hall of fame somewhere! :)

9. Marmeille Gems: 2/31

Man! Minsc and Boo must be so proud of you right now.

Rodents everywhere are praising your name, Fuoco! Fuoco! Fuoco! :D

10. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] or dispising it for sacrificing so many rabbits.(they are rodents as well) :D

That is the funniest damn way to take on a lich (well, even a demi-lich) that has ever been attempted.

Makes you wonder why they made that option in that spell. hhhmmmmmmmmm...

11. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Dear Fuoco! Splendid,unimaginable...u'd keep resting a fortnight to get you back :D

12. Fubini Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] I hope that after the fight, you cast freedom on all those rabbits. They certainly deserved it. :D

13. fuoco Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] urgh no, i don't have a snap of the battle but i made an saved file of it. How do I get a screenshot of that? With a camera?

O by the way, Jack-of-trades you're right I think the only situaton where wishing for rabbits is useful is just before the battling the demi-lich. :D

14. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] That was classic!!!! Excellent job! Props to you! :D :D

~Bel

15. MrSerious Gems: 2/31

that is going in my bag of tricks right now! I can't wait to try it. I think I'll try it against the black dragon just for fun.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.